One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Clan Activity Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Clan Activity Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2580)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - .Memories. - 04-09-2014 07:35 AM

I have no friends.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Flarp55 - 04-09-2014 08:47 AM

I have one friend who didn't like it at first, but is now addicted.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - HuskyPete - 04-09-2014 10:19 AM

(04-09-2014 07:31 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  I don't know why, but the name and picture alone intrigued me enough to try it. I've had about 6 friends get it, but only 2 like it....I wonder why?

Because it's a hard game! People want mindless entertainment. There is no one I tried to introduce this game to that liked it. I think I need smarter friends.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Demon - 04-09-2014 12:00 PM

It seems like only people who love strategy get really into the game. The only other player I know in real life is my brother; I've been trying to convince him to join a clan, but he's just not forum-active.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - TheGreatErenan - 04-09-2014 12:09 PM

(04-09-2014 10:19 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:31 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  I don't know why, but the name and picture alone intrigued me enough to try it. I've had about 6 friends get it, but only 2 like it....I wonder why?

Because it's a hard game! People want mindless entertainment. There is no one I tried to introduce this game to that liked it. I think I need smarter friends.

When you introduce Outwitters to your friends, do you do that by playing a match against them? If that's the case, then I think I can explain why they think it's too hard.

I have never gotten anyone into Outwitters. I recommended it to my brother, but I don't think he ever tried it.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Extreme Ghost - 04-09-2014 12:20 PM

Lol I got 3 ppl into Outwitters
But ii wouldn't want them on the forms XD

Pass & ply Ftw if only we could find a competent 4th ..

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Chemoeum - 04-09-2014 12:47 PM

My sister hates Outwitters because it requires her to think. Now we know everyone who has turned Outwitters down.

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 04-09-2014 03:37 PM

(04-09-2014 10:19 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  

Haha same for me, I did have one friend who played for some months but he then stopped... Now I'm alone Tongue

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - The Big Jalacktus - 04-11-2014 03:56 PM

I showed it to 3 of my friends a few weeks after I first got it. 1 of them really Fell into it and we talk about it daily even though we go to different schools in different states (we are partners in 2v2 tho). Another played, but never was vocal about it; and the third downloaded, it opened it, and then deleted it. Not impressed by his actions

RE: Clan Activity Discussion - Juslas - 04-11-2014 04:32 PM

Tilt to live -> Outwitters or excellent reviews on TouchArcade
I was in a search for turn base game - against humans. Had played two on iOS, not impressed. I knew few people that had the same gaming need. And having doubles - even better!

Outwitters is tough one to sell to your friends. It is too slow. I am surprised that chess, backgammon and go players do not even take a peek on Outwitters. Then are the majority, slow just does not cut it like Angry Flappy Birds do.

I have bought iPad mini just to have better Outwitters board. Still "always with me" iPhone is my input device (with miss clicks). Selling Outwitters means selling iPad first to my friends. They have company phones - windows devices. So it is hard, but I keep doing it.

And I do not know how to count introduction among friends with same interest and plenty of iOS devices. But I can claim 3 new Outwitters players who needed to be turned to iOS first. I gave them 2 iPhone 3G devices to start with ;-)
That lead to iPad 2, Game Center and Outwitters and now they have four iPhone 5s. Only three Outwitters players though.