One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Heavies to 4 Damage - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Heavies to 4 Damage (/showthread.php?tid=2549)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Heavies to 4 Damage - boyxoneder - 09-17-2013 06:55 AM

Hey I played outwitters back in the day. I loved it and when it lost support and I saw all those cool team ideas I went away for a bit. Im back and having so much fun with it but still remember many people complaining about the 4hp bombshell and 4hp soldier being too strong.

Anyway my proposal to balance this would be to make the heavy attack do 4 damage instead of 3. He would then one shot those soldiers and bombshells, and still one shot everything else. I do not think this makes him too strong since he is already costly and super slow.

Just an idea bash it or support it or don't care about it at all. It'd be an easy change on the code, prob just changing one constant value, and may add to and deepen the gameplay,strategy, and unit composition

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - TheGreatErenan - 09-17-2013 07:05 AM

I dunno. Right now, part of the point of boosting a soldier is that it prevents heavies, snipers, and bombshells from one-shotting it. If heavies could one-shot them anyway, then boosting soldiers becomes way less valuable.

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - [PETA] Doodat - 09-17-2013 07:20 AM

With that being said, boosting it still takes away the threat of snipers and BS and forcing a two soldier attack or, in this case, a heavy. I think the cost of the heavy is enough of a deterrent that almost no no one uses it (effectively). I think it could work.

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - Chemoeum - 09-17-2013 07:32 AM

Because medics are the difference to this, the heavy would have no trouble killing them off. That was the purpose of the medic.

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-17-2013 07:41 AM

Drastic change, but I think a heavy should have the option of knocking back a unit one hex if the attacker wants to (along with the 3 hp of damage).

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - Chas3r 926 - 09-17-2013 08:20 AM

If u change the damage up 1, u should make the wit cost up 1 or health for the heavy down 1

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - TheGreatErenan - 09-17-2013 08:56 AM

Plus, Adorables could then mobiport a heavy next to the base and bring it from 5 down to 1. Similarly, Feedback would be able to scramble their opponent's heavies and do the same thing. I think this could potentially change the gameplay in Outwitters a lot.

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - boyxoneder - 09-17-2013 12:11 PM

I understand it is a huge change and I am not saying it should be implemented, it it just a thought. Besides Mobi a heavy can't sneak up on anyone. They are so slow and often never built, the only heavies i've seen used in masters are the starting ones. Often people spam 4 hp soldiers because they always require 2 people to take it down. This boost strengthens the heavy, but the heavy always one shotted everyone before besides a buffed soldier and a buffed BS and now the heavy just one shots everything. They cost 5 or 4 wits I don't even know because I don't spawn them, and they move so slow that they cost 6 wits to cross a map. And they need to be buffed to 5 so that two soldiers don't just sweep in and take it out.

This change does affect the heavy, but doesn't change the fact that a 4hp soldier still is useful in many situations, now it just isn't useful in every situation. The 4 hp soldier still survives a sniper and BS direct attack, I just think it could possibly help the game and was looking for some discussion so thanks everyone so far for responding.

And I guess my argument is 4 hp soldiers for 3 wits, and even 4 hp Bombshells might be too valuable for their wit cost and this buff to the heavy may make an underused or too expensive unit more viable and overused units less viable

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - [PETA] Doodat - 09-17-2013 12:34 PM

Scallywags use heavies.

RE: Heavies to 4 Damage - Fluffysox - 09-17-2013 04:20 PM

1. I have not seen a huge amount of complaints about the one shot of soldiers. Actually, none t all
2. No
3. I use heavies in 2v2, you guys just underestimate them! Having heavies also mean a solid front line, the usual two soldiers won't be able to pick off a boosted heavy.
4. Now you guys are forgetting one thing: another resource. Space to move is also a resource. Would you rather have 3 spaces worth of heavies, or 3 spaces worth of soldiers?
5. If you made a wit comparison, the heavy only needs 1 wit to deal 3 damage. You guys have also forgot how much stuff costs to move and attack. Runners attacking cost the same amount, but only do 1 damage.