One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2 specials per race? effects? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2 specials per race? effects? (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

2 specials per race? effects? - brayton - 09-14-2013 11:50 AM

What would the consequences of 2 specials per race be like. Would it be horribly unbalanced, or more complex gameplay. Say if the second special on each team was a cheaper, weaker type. Like a ranged soldier that does 2 damage and can move 3 and has a range of 2.

One of the Devs said something along the lines of "changing 1 caharcter doesn't make enough variation forstrategy players".

So would a game mode with 2 exclusive specials per team be viable.

That is to say, if it got development attention.

RE: 2 specials per race? effects? - Chemoeum - 09-14-2013 11:29 PM

Mobi and Bombshell would be a badass team. In real life, see how you can take a shellfish shooting mortars at your home that came here through a pink (or whatever player you are when using Mobi) narwhal. Although unrealistic, the mind is a powerful thing, just like Adam and Alex.

RE: 2 specials per race? effects? - [PETA] Doodat - 09-15-2013 01:25 AM

I think his idea is more like, keep the specials right now, but add something like a 4 wit cost "special" like a bombshell and maybe a sea urchin, where the sea urchin just acts as a 2 hp suicide block unit that does 2 hp damage to every enemy unit adjacent to it.

RE: 2 specials per race? effects? - bobolynx - 09-15-2013 05:07 AM

OUTWITTERS 2

It would be really complicated to balance at best. Not possible at worst. A lot of time would have to go down which is why i suggest outwitters 2

RE: 2 specials per race? effects? - Fluffysox - 09-15-2013 04:45 PM

(09-15-2013 05:07 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  OUTWITTERS 2

It would be really complicated to balance at best. Not possible at worst. A lot of time would have to go down which is why i suggest outwitters 2

Even more time would go down on Outwitters 2

RE: 2 specials per race? effects? - TheGreatErenan - 09-16-2013 03:10 PM

I think the specials we have now actually do provide enough variation for strategy players.

More unit types != More interesting strategy

Instead...

More unit types == Harder to balance == (Probably) not as rich of a strategy game

Consider the game of Go. There is exactly one unit type, yet the strategy is enormously difficult to master. It is still very popular and has been played for thousands of years.

Two specials might be okay. If OML go as far as having every unit be unique to the team you chose or something, then I'll shed a thousand tears.