One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] (/showthread.php?tid=2516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-11-2013 03:52 AM

Yeah that's true story, I even played a game with him and someone created a thread to talk about him xD

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Gf!sh - 09-11-2013 03:58 AM

I hate to say this, but:

L3R4T, His_Daddy and Sharugames all have 6/10 games as P1.
Poweewee has 4/10 games as P1, you have 3/10.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-11-2013 04:03 AM

I don't really see any inconvenience in this, since being P1 is not better than being P2, and being P2 isn't better than P1. Also, I simply can't fix this, that's challonge who makes the matchups and I don't think anyone would even be interested to do this manually.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Sharugames - 09-11-2013 07:02 AM

Magic wants to play 2nd so he rigged things in his favor Tongue

The charts were perfect when 10 people, now with 11 and everybody having a "free" round its a lot more difficult.

Outwitters has an inbuild balance so should be ok for most games/maps.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-11-2013 07:22 AM

Yeah, probably too complicated to fix, but if you wanted to, you could have told His_Daddy and L3R4T to be P2 for the two games they play you as P1, then Mag!c, His_Daddy, and L3R4T would have 5/10 P1 games.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-11-2013 09:10 PM

It may sound stupid, but I just can't play well enough for such a tournament at the moment. I'm pretty busy with school, and I still have a bunch of coaching games going, which gave me a bad habit to play very quickly and also burnt me out of outwitters again. Sharugames could notice it in our last league game, terence and joelduque could see it for the clan tournament, and I just gave up my battle against awpertunity, not because I would lose next turn but because I played miserably during this (short) game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMS-ygoM

Removing me from the brackets would change again all the matchups, so I won't do this. I will play my other games, but my score is gonna be meaningless and I'm not gonna count myself in the rankings, even if I strangely am in the top 3. I could also give up all my games, but I'll try to give real battles to my opponents. Smile

Announing this just after launching the tournament can be seen as weird, but I didn't fully realize before my very recent battles against top 10's that playing decently in so many games (coaching games + clan tourney + my tourney) at the same time is not possible. Furthermore, I won't accept any new invite for coaching from now, getting my game count under 20 would be awesome.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - terenceshiu2005 - 09-11-2013 10:41 PM

I will definitely burn out if I play both of this tournament and clan tournament in the same time. So, I've decided not to attend this big tournament even though I wanna. Sad

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-11-2013 11:29 PM

Yeah, burning out is always a problem, especially against such tough opponents.

Take it easy and enjoy the friendlies. Maybe you could try some crazy moves in you tournament games to enliven your spirit again.

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 09-12-2013 12:17 AM

Magic let me know if you want to change to P1, I'm totally fine with that.
(09-11-2013 07:22 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Yeah, probably too complicated to fix, but if you wanted to, you could have told His_Daddy and L3R4T to be P2 for the two games they play you as P1, then Mag!c, His_Daddy, and L3R4T would have 5/10 P1 games.

First time see awpertunity make a mistake Big Grin
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgPi9wQsM

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Thrutchy - 09-12-2013 12:28 AM

(09-11-2013 10:41 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  I will definitely burn out if I play both of this tournament and clan tournament in the same time. So, I've decided not to attend this big tournament even though I wanna. Sad

Yep. Same for me. I wanted focus on the big clan tournament since our clan activity before was near zero.