One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] (/showthread.php?tid=2516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Pharmafan - 10-18-2013 11:57 PM

OK, here it is. Win for me by timeout Confused

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKL00AsM

GG Trumpet

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Alan Klaus - 10-19-2013 12:46 AM

(10-18-2013 11:27 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Yes, rules are rules, 4 days is way too much.

Well this sucks... I had a statement in my head about going 'past' 4 days and I guess incorrectly thought that meant showing 5 days on the game. Many of my turns are within minutes of someone else's turn as I play quickly when I have time and a plan... but I rarely get a response faster than one turn per 24 hours. The past 4 days have been insane but I knew today through Sunday was open. I spent my slim "outwitters time" the past couple days doing some planning for Ler4t, since he's a beast, and stewing over how to attack/defend pharma once he got a mobi soon.

I wish I didn't bother with starting Ler4t's game yesterday since there hasn't been a response yet so I could've just done that today and not lost time Tongue Still waiting on his_daddy's game.

Regardless, it'd be great in future tournaments to post an absolutely clear statement right on the front page such as "a timeout for this tournament will be granted upon the submission of a screenshot showing '4 days ago' for your opponent's turn."

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-19-2013 01:08 AM

"The competitors won't be obliged to start all their matches at the same time, for more comfort. In return, any battle passing the 4 days timeout will be directly considered as a forfeit."

It is as clear as possible, pharmafan understood it and when I at first set the timeout to 3 days, some players told me it was too short, because they did understand I meant "3 days".
There is nothing wrong in playing one turn per day, whereas there is something wrong when it comes to 4 days. I don't want this tournament to be as almost all other ones and die (or take 6 months because one person plays too slowly), so rules are needed and they have to be respected. As I said, you choose the amount of games you play at the same time, so you can figure put how many you will be able to handle. Thus, 4 days is extremely fair, even if you are busy irl. Wink

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 10-19-2013 08:19 AM

Ok so let's welcome the champion of s1: pharmafan!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Pharmafan - 10-19-2013 08:20 AM

(10-19-2013 08:19 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Ok so let's welcome the champion of s1: pharmafan!

Wink not yet.....

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMHKqgsM

GG His_Daddy!

Trumpet or LER4T can still end tied with me....

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 10-19-2013 08:32 AM

The rule didn't say about tie but your result against them is still in favor of you.
Cor may still win the rest two though.
Never win a game within our clan. And torbreck is still bullying me in league T-T

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Pharmafan - 10-19-2013 08:43 AM

Cor told me in an In-game-chat in a friendly that he lost to Alvendor and can end 7-3 as the max...that's why I stated that

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 10-19-2013 09:24 AM

Then it's totally in favor of you! Anyway, gl for the last game.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Alan Klaus - 10-19-2013 09:34 AM

"Passing the 4 days timeout" is different than reaching 4 days timeout. I'm just saying it could be much clearer. See my wording above.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [STARTED!] - jesusfuentesh - 10-19-2013 09:52 AM

On Outwitters, when a game says for example "6 hours ago", it means that the game could have "6 hours and 30 minutes", that is, more than 6 hours. So this means it has passed the "6 hours".

The same for "4 days ago". When a match says "4 days ago" it means that more than 4 days (maybe 4 days and 1 hour) have passed.

That's what I understood from the statement "passing the 4 days" that Mag!c said.