One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 1 [winner: Pharmafan!] (/showthread.php?tid=2516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-16-2013 07:06 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJjJwwsM

GG Sensei Poweewee!

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 09-16-2013 07:25 AM

(09-04-2013 05:51 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Cor13:4, the modest. After repeating thousands of times he shouldn't be in this top while rocking in ladder, will he realize his level is actually excellent?

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-16-2013 07:42 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJiu6woM

Well...I was in a tough bind in any case, but I also forgot his runner could see my "surprise" scrambler...GG Sharugames!

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - L3R4T - 09-16-2013 08:27 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgOTc4AkM

First win if the one against Mag!c don't count. Thank you Sharugames

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Sharugames - 09-17-2013 06:06 AM

Congrats L3R4T hadn't expected your mobi that far front yet and then panicked Smile

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-17-2013 06:52 AM

Brackets updated and fourth game commented!

(09-16-2013 03:48 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Thanks for the comments Magic. I really recommend you play the rest out even though you have a bad start. I believe a top replay will be more than a thousand coaching in sense of helping people learn this game. Every move of us will not only reflect our own thoughts, but really what we've learnt from all our past opponents from this whole community.
And even your mistakes could be a good chance showing "moves you don't want to do" Tongue

I will have to disagree with this. My coaching games didn't only consist in playing game with everyone who wanted to. I gave as many advices as possible when I saw they were needed, I explained the map (the one we were playing on) metagame a lot, and I aimed at making players understand the game more, with explanations that were taking 20 messages in the ingame chat sometimes. And what is awesome is that I really helped some players, in some battles people suddendly understood a big thing and it was a huge advance for them. And when I say "some", I mean like about a hundred of players. So, you cannot compare these games with commented replays: sure they help, and such high level battles are interesting to discuss about, but it's not what gifted players need the most. Smile

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - His_Daddy - 09-17-2013 07:02 AM

That's true, I got your idea and admire your effort.
You are letting more beginners have fun and get into this game. For a game, interest comes first before skill.

(09-17-2013 06:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Brackets updated and fourth game commented!

(09-16-2013 03:48 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Thanks for the comments Magic. I really recommend you play the rest out even though you have a bad start. I believe a top replay will be more than a thousand coaching in sense of helping people learn this game. Every move of us will not only reflect our own thoughts, but really what we've learnt from all our past opponents from this whole community.
And even your mistakes could be a good chance showing "moves you don't want to do" Tongue

I will have to disagree with this. My coaching games didn't only consist in playing game with everyone who wanted to. I gave as many advices as possible when I saw they were needed, I explained the map (the one we were playing on) metagame a lot, and I aimed at making players understand the game more, with explanations that were taking 20 messages in the ingame chat sometimes. And what is awesome is that I really helped some players, in some battles people suddendly understood a big thing and it was a huge advance for them. So, you cannot compare these games with commented replays: sure they help, and such high level battles are interesting to discuss about, but it's not what gifted players need the most. Smile

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-17-2013 07:14 AM

Thank you!

I think that the more you understand this game, the more you can have fun on it. That's why my aim was not to make players see how the top plays, but how the game has to be played in order to be efficient and to get a lead over your opponent. When I played several games in a row with some people, they were getting harder and harder to beat, very quickly, and I have sometimes been beaten because the said "gifted" players did very well, more than I expected and outplayed me. And that was awesome. Big Grin

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - L3R4T - 09-17-2013 09:18 AM

(09-17-2013 07:14 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Thank you!

I think that the more you understand this game, the more you can have fun on it. That's why my aim was not to make players see how the top plays, but how the game has to be played in order to be efficient and to get a lead over your opponent. When I played several games in a row with some people, they were getting harder and harder to beat, very quickly, and I have sometimes been beaten because the said "gifted" players did very well, more than I expected and outplayed me. And that was awesome. Big Grin
It's a good idea !

RE: The Elite Championship [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 09-18-2013 06:34 AM

Fifth and sixth games commented!