One Man Left Studios Community Forums
How long are replays kept? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: How long are replays kept? (/showthread.php?tid=250)

Pages: 1 2

How long are replays kept? - bspooky - 07-11-2012 04:07 AM

I am wondering how long OML will keep replays? Links to replays are posted in these forums, but at some point won't old games/replays have to be removed from OML.

Anyway to record a the iPad screen to save some locally (to my iPad) for archiving?

RE: How long are replays kept? - Dawizerd - 07-11-2012 06:37 AM

You can paste the links into the notes app or Evernote, and they will work directly out of those apps.

RE: How long are replays kept? - Kamikaze28 - 07-11-2012 06:39 AM

(07-11-2012 06:37 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  You can paste the links into the notes app or Evernote, and they will work directly out of those apps.

The question that the OP raises is: how long will these links work and direct you to a replay? Will they time out at some point?

I don't have an answer to that.

RE: How long are replays kept? - Dawizerd - 07-11-2012 07:05 AM

Ah, my bad

RE: How long are replays kept? - brayton - 09-22-2014 09:37 PM

Good Question... BUMP

RE: How long are replays kept? - .Memories. - 09-22-2014 10:07 PM

My guess is indefinitely. Or that's how it's set up currently, I'm sure. Also, it will be different for OML and OSN.

RE: How long are replays kept? - onealexleft - 09-23-2014 01:35 AM

replay data is kept on our server indefinitely for the time being. The problem is games done a year+ ago will probably not work on the latest client due to game balance changes.

RE: How long are replays kept? - Demon - 09-23-2014 10:24 AM

Pretty sure they still work on OSN, though.

RE: How long are replays kept? - onealexleft - 09-23-2014 02:59 PM

(09-23-2014 10:24 AM)Demon Wrote:  Pretty sure they still work on OSN, though.

ya OSN has versioning for the replay viewer. But since we don't host/own/run it I can't really speak to it's long term viability. Hopefully it'll be around for years to come as it's a huge asset to the OW community Smile

RE: How long are replays kept? - brayton - 09-23-2014 08:26 PM

Ahh... Thanks Adam/Alex for the permanence.
On a tangent, would it be possible to search for all games a player has played wothout posting them to OSN...? I'm guessing not, unless OSN had a file of all games played, which CodePenguin doesn't. Either way, thanks