One Man Left Studios Community Forums
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] (/showthread.php?tid=2435)

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - TheQwertiest - 12-09-2013 02:05 PM

(12-09-2013 01:17 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  To help prevent that from happening, one of the duties of our hosts has been recording time that our turn started. With an indecisive or complex turn we have sometimes sent our turn within the last couple hours. Other clans might want to do that as well to prevent timeouts. I hate seeing these timeout rules needing to be exercised.

we will try to exercise this in our games as well. i somewhat take a mental note of the time but i dont record it.

(12-09-2013 01:28 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Ya, we're always trying to keep on top of when the turns are due. I don't know, maybe something came up today with Pastil, but otherwise, it's a tough spot. We've had turns (and a couple in this game) where we would've liked more time, but in trying the keep to the limit, we have to send it at 3 days with the best we've got.

yeah i have to admit ive been a bit busy this week because of exams (ends today) but the game still says 3 days here on my side.
we already have a move but i was just waiting on the confirmation of other members but i guess i send in the turn now

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - lawtai - 12-09-2013 02:17 PM

Weird, wonder how it can say 3 days on your side, but 4 days on my side?

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - TheQwertiest - 12-09-2013 02:27 PM

(12-09-2013 02:17 PM)lawtai Wrote:  Weird, wonder how it can say 3 days on your side, but 4 days on my side?

it might be the time settings? it affects the time displayed in game.
mine is on automatic. maybe your clock is set on advance?

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - lawtai - 12-09-2013 09:35 PM

Nope, my clock is on what it should be. It turned 4 days at the time it should've since I kept track of when I had sent the turn.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - TheQwertiest - 12-10-2013 02:32 AM

Other than that I dont know why.. I took a screenshot before sending the turn like powee instructed but i dont have photobucket here yet cause i just restored. im downloading now or i can send via imessage if its needed right away.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - Mag!cGuy - 12-10-2013 03:08 AM

I don't think this matters that much, and we shouldn't up want a forfeit (unless jesusfuentesh really wants so). Maybe a little sanctin should be done, but that's all Smile Anyway, pastil, a screenshot showing "3 days" doesn't prove anything haha

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - [PETA] Doodat - 12-10-2013 03:27 AM

The rules says first infraction is if the team committing the infraction wins, they receive half points (4.5/9). The second infraction is a forfeit.

(12-10-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I don't think this matters that much, and we shouldn't up want a forfeit (unless jesusfuentesh really wants so). Maybe a little sanctin should be done, but that's all Smile Anyway, pastil, a screenshot showing "3 days" doesn't prove anything haha

Actually, I think it does. It is highly unlikely they are keeping a picture just for this purpose. It was probably taken immediately after he saw this post. That's just my two cents.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - .Memories. - 12-10-2013 03:56 AM

(12-10-2013 03:27 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Actually, I think it does. It is highly unlikely they are keeping a picture just for this purpose. It was probably taken immediately after he saw this post. That's just my two cents.

I understand what you're saying and I agree that it is highly unlikely - but an image at '3 days' still doesn't prove that the game didn't hit the time limit.

*Edit: unless we can look at the meta data of both pictures and determine that lawtai's was before Pastil's, I suppose.

Anyway - we're moving forward with the game and Jesus can decide to do whatever he thinks is best. Smile

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - blckace - 12-10-2013 04:11 AM

We had our move for the glitch game days ago, but pastil didn't send it because he was busy. It's not like we're at an intense phase of the game.

Second this screenshot shows we didn't break the limit

[Image: Dartyxn.png]

If points are gonna be deducted when we are not at fault then we might as well resign the game and not waste our time.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Updated 11/29/13] - lawtai - 12-10-2013 04:21 AM

While I don't doubt that it still said 3 days for you guys, it does bring into question the accuracy of the timer in the game then. I'm not exactly sure why the timer would be off between 2 people though, so this would probably be an Adam or Alex question to answer.