One Man Left Studios Community Forums
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] (/showthread.php?tid=2435)

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-17-2013 12:53 AM

Plus, this tournament should revitalize (hopefully) interest and activity in clans! We want everybody to show their best and maybe we'll get more people to join the clans and breath some life into it that way.

Maybe this will boost iPro clan membership =)

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Thrutchy - 09-17-2013 12:57 AM

If all clans had a similar mix of skill levels, I'd agree. But, I think there is a wide disparity between some. Without a handicap system, why should a clan use anyone but the highest ranked players that are willing? I like Alvendor's King of the Hill handicap method the best - the skill level delta determines how many wits the higher skilled player has to throw away.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Mag!cGuy - 09-17-2013 03:31 AM

I disagree with the handicaps, if a clan has better member, then it has to win, nothing else!

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - jesusfuentesh - 09-17-2013 03:51 AM

(09-17-2013 03:31 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I disagree with the handicaps, if a clan has better member, then it has to win, nothing else!

Exactly. That's it. That makes sense. A team with good players will get better results.

Furthermore every clan had the opportunity to set its best 6 players to play. iPro is doing good.

There are still some points left anyway. A meeting match is worth 9 points. 9 x 4 = 36 points just in meetings.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Thrutchy - 09-17-2013 04:54 AM

ok. I guess I'm in in the minority. I was just trying to help out those clans that have decided to take players from all leagues and not many ST's.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - jesusfuentesh - 09-17-2013 04:57 AM

(09-17-2013 04:54 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  ok. I guess I'm in in the minority. I was just trying to help out those clans that have decided to take players from all leagues and not many ST's.

Haha nice try Tongue

This is about gaming and having fun my friend. So, I think we all are enjoying. Big Grin

For the grand final, the two team should set their best players anyway. Cool

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Thrutchy - 09-17-2013 04:59 AM

Anyway, this is irrelevant to this tournament since the rules have been set a long time ago.

I hope everyone is still having fun even though the skill levels are quite different between some clans. It seems like they are.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-17-2013 05:27 AM

Yeah, that type of tournament is fun. If somebody sets up a next one, it can be more that style.

You can try to set a # of people per league that play and if you don't have players in the league, the you can choose someone from a higher league, but take a handicap.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Gf!sh - 09-19-2013 12:25 AM

Current win efficiency per clan (points won/total points played):

iPro: 70.7%
Good Game: 60.5%
Diamond League: 45.2%
Wolfpack: 36.0%
Anonymous: 29.3%

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - His_Daddy - 09-19-2013 12:40 AM

thx for the information!
(09-19-2013 12:25 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Current win efficiency per clan (points won/total points played):

iPro: 70.7%
Good Game: 60.5%
Diamond League: 45.2%
Wolfpack: 36.0%
Anonymous: 29.3%