One Man Left Studios Community Forums
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded] (/showthread.php?tid=2435)

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (Diamond takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - terenceshiu2005 - 09-07-2013 09:28 PM

All matches have been set for iPro Big Grin

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Thrutchy - 09-10-2013 08:11 AM

Jesusfuentesh, I don't see any rules about when games should be started. Do you have any in mind? To make sure this tournament doesn't drag on, I suggest to add something for this. Here are some ideas:

* non-meeting games: each player should be playing at least N games simultaneously over the entire tourney. Once the active games drops below N, the player should start or accept a new game. Some kind of enforcement is needed.

* meeting games: clans should start meeting games at least by the time only a few (M) non-meeting games remain for a specific clan tourney. Again, some kind of enforcement is needed.

Right now the rules say this:

"The meeting: (it's recommended to play one by one against each clan)"

Like I said before, this recommendation could result in the entire tourney taking a year. I suggest clans support playing meeting games in parallel, not sequentially as is recommended now. In ipro, we designated 4 different players as hosts/captains of our 4 meeting games to allow for this. I think other clans should do the same to support all 4 games in parallel. I really look forward to the meeting games and want them to succeed. That's why I'm making these suggestions.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - jesusfuentesh - 09-10-2013 11:06 PM

Ok Thrutchy. Thanks for you suggestion. I'll check who players are not playing enough.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - amoffett11 - 09-11-2013 11:23 AM

Hey,

GoHeat3 is going to withdraw from the tournament. He's busy with school and life and doesn't have time to play.

On the plus side, I think almost all his games are unstarted. Let me know what the rules are for replacing him.

Side note: jesusfuentesh, you might want to empty your forum inbox, I couldn't send you a PM

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - jesusfuentesh - 09-11-2013 11:41 PM

(09-11-2013 11:23 AM)amoffett Wrote:  Hey,

GoHeat3 is going to withdraw from the tournament. He's busy with school and life and doesn't have time to play.

On the plus side, I think almost all his games are unstarted. Let me know what the rules are for replacing him.

Side note: jesusfuentesh, you might want to empty your forum inbox, I couldn't send you a PM

amoffett. That's a bug. It says everyone has reached bla bla bla. It doesn't work.

And, as for GoHeat, replace him where he's P2 without problem. Where he's P1 though, your opponent will be able to choose his player first.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - amoffett11 - 09-12-2013 12:09 AM

(09-11-2013 11:41 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 11:23 AM)amoffett Wrote:  Hey,

And, as for GoHeat, replace him where he's P2 without problem. Where he's P1 though, your opponent will be able to choose his player first.

I just want to clarify: for the P2 games, I can replace GoHeat with whoever I want.

For the P1 games, I replace GoHeat with whoever I want again, but before the match can start the opponent captain gets a chance to put someone else up, if they wish.

Assuming that this is the case, I will figure out who will replace him in the next day, and will put the replacements in the proper threads.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - Thrutchy - 09-12-2013 12:33 AM

jesusfuentesh, are our other clan members allowed to provide input to the meeting games? Nobody else in our clan has made a peep, but I'd like to use this opportunity to reactivate some of our dormant members by asking if they want to at least participate in these.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-12-2013 12:37 AM

Yeah, for the meeting games, everybody in the clan can participate, whether they are doing other games in the tournament. Like, I plan to participate for the meeting games even though I'm not playing any of the other matches.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - His_Daddy - 09-12-2013 01:15 AM

We're losing because of your absence!
Yes it's all your fault Tongue
(09-12-2013 12:37 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Yeah, for the meeting games, everybody in the clan can participate, whether they are doing other games in the tournament. Like, I plan to participate for the meeting games even though I'm not playing any of the other matches.

RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament (iPro takes the lead) [Score Up to date] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 09-12-2013 01:21 AM

You mean, we're all losing (less) because I'm not playing. I'd probably just pull you guys down!