One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Gardening to the top. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Gardening to the top. (/showthread.php?tid=2366)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Gardening to the top. - terenceshiu2005 - 07-18-2013 11:03 AM

(07-18-2013 04:31 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Bramble is useless if you go for a soldier wall against soldier wall game. So hey I just found out another tip : don't go veggie against terence. Well, actually, don't go anything, just give up and say gg. Big Grin

I found that you always laugh at me. I will be angry Big Grin

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Doodat - 07-18-2013 04:46 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ylof3Aww

Mag!c, you were right. By one wit.

RE: Gardening to the top. - terenceshiu2005 - 07-18-2013 08:58 PM

(07-18-2013 04:46 PM)Doodat Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ylof3Aww

Mag!c, you were right. By one wit.

Good game

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-18-2013 11:29 PM

Actually, I think you might have won that if on turn 29, you had instead taken both red soldiers and then moved your runner to his spawn.

- runner up top to his 4 HP soldier, heavy finishes off soldier
- two 4 HP soldiers move up to take the lower 4 HP soldier
- runner moves to spawn and takes medic
- maybe spawn a runner with the last wit.

Next turn he would've been in a tough situation, as he can at most take out 1 unit and he can't block his base well if he does

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Doodat - 07-19-2013 12:16 AM

That probably would have worked. I didn't think out all the possibilities on turn 29 well enough. It was a pretty crazy game nevertheless.

RE: Gardening to the top. - Mag!cGuy - 07-19-2013 01:56 AM

Damn, I curiously know this opening from somewhere else. Tongue

What did you mean by "by one wit"?

Anyway you did very well there, your attacks were awesome, against almost any other player you would have won Smile I think you went too confident at the end, your advantage was too big after your second attack, you weren't suppsed to lose it! See cor's post for further informations Tongue

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Doodat - 07-19-2013 02:51 AM

(07-19-2013 01:56 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Damn, I curiously know this opening from somewhere else. Tongue

What did you mean by "by one wit"?

Anyway you did very well there, your attacks were awesome, against almost any other player you would have won Smile I think you went too confident at the end, your advantage was too big after your second attack, you weren't suppsed to lose it! See cor's post for further informations Tongue

Yes I know, in that turn, if I had one more wit I could have spawned a runner and moved it in position to win next turn
Haha yes, I'm copying Mag!c now Tongue. It gets me positional advantage, which is good Big Grin

RE: Gardening to the top. - terenceshiu2005 - 07-19-2013 12:11 PM

Good position to you, bad position to me Sad

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Doodat - 07-19-2013 12:28 PM

Hey hey Mag!c, feedback on that game you said you were gonna scramble our minds with?

RE: Gardening to the top. - jesusfuentesh - 07-19-2013 03:54 PM

I think you have to get some strong units first to play with brambles. Or else, it might make you waste some wits, unless you have a good plan from the beginning of the match.

(07-15-2013 03:00 AM)Doodat Wrote:  You mean like this?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2JbrAww

I watched this replay and this has hapened to me as well. It's kind of stressful, specially when your opponent is an experienced player.

By the way, I haven't seen any good 2v2 match where the brambles play the lead in. Does anyone have a good replay about it?

Mag!cGuy I hope you thrive using this race. Good luck.

I started playing 4 1v1 matches with the four races, to learn how to play with all of them. Using the 4 races gives you more fun definitely.