One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Gardening to the top. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Gardening to the top. (/showthread.php?tid=2366)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gardening to the top. - Mag!cGuy - 07-15-2013 02:08 AM

Hey all!

Yeah, I think you guessed from the title, my project is taken from alvendor's one (even though he timed out in a friendly match, so I'm concerned about whoopsiedaisy future Sad )

As some of you know, I have an account named ForTheWin which went from fluffy league (0 placement wins) and is aiming to top 20. I'm currently in gifted league and start to meet masters, with 0 loss so far.

And I just thought about it:why not using only veggies with it, and see where I can go?

So, I'm gonna do it from now. I will try to use bramble as much as possible, and give tips about how to use it well. I think it's a good special, but nobody (or almost, two thumbs up acamperomp, awpertunity, kee, and poweewee!) bothers practicing it a lot.

I will post each replay from now in this thread, and try to give useful advices-general points to understand about this too-ignored special. If I find any. Big Grin

RE: Gardening to the top. - Norahsul - 07-15-2013 02:14 AM

Tres bien!
Happy Bastille day by the way! I celebrate it with all the parisians n tourists lol

RE: Gardening to the top. - poweewee - 07-15-2013 02:32 AM

Good luck with it! Big Grin Although as acameronp has mentioned, Veggies has a problem with maps where the wit spaces are well covered. In particular he mentioned Sweet Tooth.

RE: Gardening to the top. - [PETA] Doodat - 07-15-2013 03:00 AM

You mean like this?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2JbrAww

RE: Gardening to the top. - Thrutchy - 07-15-2013 04:03 AM

Good luck! The current veggies seem like they are the hardest to master and seem like they are disadvantaged on more maps. I try veggies regularly, but I don't spawn a bramble much on games I really care about. I look forward to some quality replays to see better ways to use a bramble.

RE: Gardening to the top. - Torbreck - 07-15-2013 08:04 AM

Go Mag!c - doing your bit to combat global warming Smile Good luck mate.

RE: Gardening to the top. - terenceshiu2005 - 07-15-2013 12:38 PM

(07-15-2013 02:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Hey all!

So, I'm gonna do it from now. I will try to use bramble as much as possible, and give tips about how to use it well. I think it's a good special, but nobody (or almost, two thumbs up acamperomp, awpertunity, kee, and poweewee!) bothers practicing it a lot.

I am in now.
(07-15-2013 02:32 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Good luck with it! Big Grin Although as acameronp has mentioned, Veggies has a problem with maps where the wit spaces are well covered. In particular he mentioned Sweet Tooth.

(07-15-2013 04:03 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Good luck! The current veggies seem like they are the hardest to master and seem like they are disadvantaged on more maps. I try veggies regularly, but I don't spawn a bramble much on games I really care about. I look forward to some quality replays to see better ways to use a bramble.

I wont say veggies is disadvantage on certain maps, I will say veggies has disadvantage to fight against a (good) scallywags player and sometime a feedback player.

RE: Gardening to the top. - bobolynx - 07-15-2013 01:04 PM

I've found sweet tooth to actually be an interesting map for brambling, as it's kind of small. Of course gainer scallywags its still shermfdmsnendndjddjdms but yeah
I'm testing some awesome techniques involving brambles for 2v2, if interested send invite to -Mycotic- as a friendly 1v1 first

RE: Gardening to the top. - ElPared - 07-17-2013 06:06 AM

admit it, you came up with this from playing me Tongue

seriously though, I'm glad to see something like this being attempted. I've always felt like Veggies were a very underrated and underplayed team and their potential hasn't really been explored because thy have to be played so differently from the other teams

experience says Veggies have a tough time against Scallywags, but they're not unbeatable. If you plan ahead, which I know Mag!cGuy is very good at, then you can blind their BS with thorns and maneuver around them. I haven't had much problem with other teams. Feedback can scramble thorns and ruin your day sometimes, but usually it's more annoying than anything, and Adorables give you a hard time, but if you can hinder their movement you can win.

RE: Gardening to the top. - {Thisson} - 07-17-2013 10:23 AM

I actually think think the veggies are a bit overpowered on the maps with only one spawn point, and particularly challenging to go against as adorabes.