One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament [Winner: Yummy Noodles] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament [Winner: Yummy Noodles] (/showthread.php?tid=2313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Kamikaze28 - 06-29-2013 07:21 AM

Erm, TheQwertiest - isn't this the iPad Version? Check my first post, this Tourney only counts scores in the iPhone/iPod Touch version. That could explain why I can't see your scores.

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - TheQwertiest - 06-29-2013 07:24 AM

oops. missed that.. Shy
this isnt fair. gfich is also playing on the ipad.. only with an iphone/ipod version of the app. xD
so i can probably join if i also use the iphone/ipod version right?

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Kamikaze28 - 06-29-2013 07:27 AM

(06-29-2013 07:24 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  oops. missed that.. Shy
this isnt fair. gfich is also playing on the ipad.. only with an iphone/ipod version of the app. xD
so i can probably join if i also use the iphone/ipod version right?

I guess so ... I don't really know how Game Center treats old versions of games. I won't make any promises so you can't scream at me if you buy the iPhone version and it still doesn't work.

To the point of fairness: the iPad offers more screen space and other gameplay mechanics which makes the scores anything but comparable. Also, I haven't got an iPad so I can't check the scores anyways so ... yeah.

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Gf!sh - 06-29-2013 07:50 PM

To add on that:

A: Gaunlet uses completely different scores on HD vs SD.
B: Ever played Frostbite on both versions? You should know what I'm talking about. If I could enter my HD scores... that's it. Game over. I won Tongue

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - TheQwertiest - 06-29-2013 07:55 PM

what is your highscore in frostbite hd gfish?

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Gf!sh - 06-29-2013 08:00 PM

Also, call me biased, but I don't like the tiebreak rule. With the current standings, I don't like how QA is ranked above me, while I beat him in 3 out of 5 disciplines (Classic, Code Red and Frostbite). So instead I suggest the following: i case of a tie, all the disciplines are scored again, but only with the tied players (so, in this case, me vs QA would result in a 3-2 victory for me).

@TQ 1.7 million.

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - TheQwertiest - 06-29-2013 08:34 PM

wow. i always seem to die at thhe 400k area

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Kamikaze28 - 06-29-2013 08:50 PM

(06-29-2013 08:00 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Also, call me biased, but I don't like the tiebreak rule. With the current standings, I don't like how QA is ranked above me, while I beat him in 3 out of 5 disciplines (Classic, Code Red and Frostbite). So instead I suggest the following: i case of a tie, all the disciplines are scored again, but only with the tied players (so, in this case, me vs QA would result in a 3-2 victory for me).

I see your point. To be honest, the current tie-breaker rule was just the easiest for me to follow. But I like your logic - it promotes versatility and proficiency in all disciplines alike. Also, the current rule could fail with 2 players in a tie:

1. Player 1 - 40 (10| 9| 8| 7| 6)
  2. Player 2 - 40 ( 9| 8| 7| 6|10)

Whereas your rule would require 5 players to be tied for the rule to fail due to the number of disciplines:

1. Player 1 - 40 (10| 9| 8| 7| 6)
  2. Player 2 - 40 ( 9| 8| 7| 6|10)
  3. Player 3 - 40 ( 8| 7| 6|10| 9)
  4. Player 4 - 40 ( 7| 6|10| 9| 8)
  5. Player 5 - 40 ( 6|10| 9| 8| 7)

I therefore agree to chance the tie-breaker ruling as follows:
"In the case of a tie, the relative discipline ranks of the tied players will resolve the tie. In the case of two players, one could be higher placed than the other in 3 or 4 disciplines and would therefore win the tie."

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - Necrocat219 - 06-29-2013 09:43 PM

I'm surprised at how amazing you all are at classics :B My highest score is around 2mil, on the others I can see though Smile

Updated my scores

RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament - the duck - 06-29-2013 10:28 PM

Just broke my record in Frostbite: 1.7M Cool