One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Should Scramblers get a buff? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Should Scramblers get a buff? (/showthread.php?tid=2271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - (Rone) - 06-13-2013 05:17 PM

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2207
is a place to start.

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - terenceshiu2005 - 06-13-2013 06:26 PM

I still don't have a solid point to support Feedback should get a buff, but I would like to explore a bit of my thought in post #41

Movement 4
No, I think it will make feedback over powered. I asked myself a question, which race can attack the opponent's base with the longest distance? not adorable! it is feedback.
10 hexes (converted runner -> move runner & attack)
8 hexes (converted sniper -> move sniper & shoot) or (converted soldier -> move soldier & attack )
7 hexes (converted heavy -> move heavy & attack )

Move After Scrambling
No, Feedback maybe over powered as well. scrambler can moved back into the soldier wall or move to the other location where no other unit can kill it after unit converting.

Lower Spawning Cost
I don't support this one because I think it will be fantastic to keep all special cost the same (7 wits)

More HP
it may cause another imbalance, when the HP of scrambler increased, its also increase its change to keep itself alive. we all know a scrambler is dangerous if it can not be killed immediately, it can kill any unit in one turn.

Full HP Scrambling
I only will choose this option. it definitely helped feedback without a big buff.

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Mag!cGuy - 06-13-2013 06:35 PM

This rush perfectly shows all the points I brought to say scrambler doesn't need a buff:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8tvcAww

This space was so narrow that a simple soldier rush was simply impossible, there weren't enough hexes for that. Also, when my attack was done, joel was basically lost: my scrambler couldn't die, and his most importants units were in reach of it. He lost the next turn, indeed Smile See what I mean now?

Scrambler IS extremely powerful! Especially since joel didn't do any particular error: I played so that he couldn't know I had a scrambler, he discovered it when it was too late. Smile that's another power of scrambler: surprise. Big Grin

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - terenceshiu2005 - 06-13-2013 06:54 PM

(06-13-2013 06:35 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  This rush perfectly shows all the points I brought to say scrambler doesn't need a buff:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8tvcAww

This space was so narrow that a simple soldier rush was simply impossible, there weren't enough hexes for that. Also, when my attack was done, joel was basically lost: my scrambler couldn't die, and his most importants units were in reach of it. He lost the next turn, indeed Smile See what I mean now?

Scrambler IS extremely powerful! Especially since joel didn't do any particular error: I played so that he couldn't know I had a scrambler, he discovered it when it was too late. Smile that's another power of scrambler: surprise. Big Grin

Great game!

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - ElPared - 06-15-2013 07:33 PM

(06-13-2013 06:26 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Movement 4
No, I think it will make feedback over powered. I asked myself a question, which race can attack the opponent's base with the longest distance? not adorable! it is feedback.
10 hexes (converted runner -> move runner & attack)
8 hexes (converted sniper -> move sniper & shoot) or (converted soldier -> move soldier & attack )
7 hexes (converted heavy -> move heavy & attack )

Sorry to single one thing out, but this logic is flawed. It assumes that you can get a scrambler near enough to a base to attack it, at which point you're correct. However, even if you can get a scrambler close enough to a base to attack it with the scrambled unit - which is definitely doable, I'm not arguing that - you still don't have the same choices as with a Mobi where you can make any unit you want and move it into place instead of having to choose from what's available.

I'm not even saying I think Scramblers should have movement 4 as it probably would be OP, just saying that although their range might technically be longer, it's not necessarily better.

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Mag!cGuy - 06-15-2013 07:37 PM

Yeah you can attack the base with it, look what I did. Tongue

Mobi has its power, scrambler has its one, you can't want scrambler to be as versatile as mobi; it's not the point! When you have 0 units on the board and have enough wits to spawn and use a special, create a mobi and tell me what happens. ^^

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - TheGoldenGriffin - 06-16-2013 01:10 PM

No a scrambler would be useless too. The mobi could mobi snipe it later because the scrambler is vulnerable
Bramble would do best on that situation, he just needs to spread like kudzu and he could take over the board in a few turns. Unless the enemy special is a bombshell. Its brambles weakness so he has to suffocate it

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - [PETA] Doodat - 06-16-2013 02:15 PM

Depends on the situation. Scrambler has the most ability to change the game IMO.

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - ElPared - 06-16-2013 03:07 PM

I didn't say I wanted Scrambler to be as versatile as Mobi, just that comparing the two in terms of range doesn't make sense as the quality of that range is different for each of those units.

RE: Should Scramblers get a buff? - Mag!cGuy - 06-16-2013 05:52 PM

(06-16-2013 02:15 PM)Doodat Wrote:  Depends on the situation. Scrambler has the most ability to change the game IMO.

Completely, golden I mean, when you have 0 unit on the board and your oppponent has one or two, not more. If you have no more units and your opponent a whole army you really didn't play well and no special can save you lol