One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Option to turn on ads? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Option to turn on ads? (/showthread.php?tid=2253)

Pages: 1 2

Option to turn on ads? - Szei - 06-02-2013 12:38 PM

Even though I've bought everything in the store, I was thinking it would be nice if I could support OML through ads. This 'feature' is already available for people who didn't buy anything if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps in the options menu you can re-enable ads even if you've paid for something in the store?

Otherwise, we're just continuing to cost Alex and Adam to run the servers while they are receiving less and less money in return as time goes on. I hope to see the Outwitters servers survive as long as possible and this is one way to help see that happen.

RE: Option to turn on ads? - TheGoldenGriffin - 06-02-2013 12:51 PM

You already did support them though ads technically. Ads get removed when you purchase anything from the store. OML would get the same amount of money from someone who purchased everything before that update as someone who bought everything after that update.

But in the OML Store, you can get the soundtrack "Warriors By Nature" for any price you want to pay.

RE: Option to turn on ads? - Szei - 06-02-2013 04:04 PM

I've actually never seen the ads in Outwitters because I bought the uber pack on the day Outwitters hit the AppStore many months before ads were added. But anyway, the point is that OML would get more money if people could choose to play with ads even after buying something from the store.

I didn't know about the soundtrack though so that's good to know =)

I'm not made of cash though so while I may donate through that album at some point, it'd also just be nice to give OML ad revenue without actually paying further from my own pocket (I've already bought all the bases, teams, and game limit so I'm kind of drained for now).

RE: Option to turn on ads? - bobolynx - 06-03-2013 01:37 AM

If it would increase oml revenue I'd do his too

RE: Option to turn on ads? - Wildt4lon - 06-03-2013 02:03 AM

Yes, I think that'd be a good idea. Anything to help OML =D

RE: Option to turn on ads? - kejitsuu - 06-03-2013 04:10 AM

This I why I bought TTL. I couldn't think of anything else to help. And when TTL2 rolls around, I will own it as well.

RE: Option to turn on ads? - GreatGonzales - 06-03-2013 10:54 AM

What a great fan community we are that we are looking for ways to give OML our money. Smile

RE: Option to turn on ads? - TheGoldenGriffin - 06-03-2013 11:07 AM

I don't think the ads are advertising OML games though. But if you do want to turn on ads, how would it give them money? I think im missing something

RE: Option to turn on ads? - terenceshiu2005 - 06-03-2013 12:04 PM

I will turn it on when it is available.

RE: Option to turn on ads? - [PETA] Doodat - 06-03-2013 12:11 PM

(06-03-2013 11:07 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I don't think the ads are advertising OML games though. But if you do want to turn on ads, how would it give them money? I think im missing something

Other people pay to have their ads on the game, so each ad pays OML a few cents, which adds up.