One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Time limit on games - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Time limit on games (/showthread.php?tid=2091)

Time limit on games - Oxygen - 04-09-2013 01:46 AM

Hi guys,

What do you think about getting timed games? I don't like having to wait 20 hours for a guy to make a move. It really kills the game flow to have to wait for an indefinite amount of time. And if I want to exit the other guy wins. ...? I exited because he hasn't moved in a day! Lol

Ok not complaining, just want to make the game better because it really drives me nuts.
What do you think?
Just wanted to add, I'm in the middle of a game right now and my opponent is one turn away from losing... He hasn't moved in 24 hrs.

RE: Time limit on games - Norahsul - 04-09-2013 03:06 AM

(04-09-2013 01:46 AM)Oxygen Wrote:  Hi guys,

What do you think about getting timed games? I don't like having to wait 20 hours for a guy to make a move. It really kills the game flow to have to wait for an indefinite amount of time. And if I want to exit the other guy wins. ...? I exited because he hasn't moved in a day! Lol

Ok not complaining, just want to make the game better because it really drives me nuts.
What do you think?
Just wanted to add, I'm in the middle of a game right now and my opponent is one turn away from losing... He hasn't moved in 24 hrs.

you can wait up to another 3 * 24 hours for the game to end..
the time out is usually 4-5 days without any activities.

RE: Time limit on games - Oxygen - 04-09-2013 04:42 AM

So I have to wait 4 days for a game? (Potentially) I would love an option 5 minutes per move. 30 minutes each per game. Like in chess.
Thanks for letting me know that there's a time out didn't know that

RE: Time limit on games - TheGreatAnt - 04-09-2013 06:27 AM

Yeah, the long wait for some moves, but really that is the best medium. For the people whose WiFi goes down, goes on a day trip, or just gets busy with school.

RE: Time limit on games - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-09-2013 06:30 AM

Some have to go to sleep. There are a lot of people that play and they live in different time zones.

RE: Time limit on games - Oxygen - 04-09-2013 10:19 AM

I hear that, that makes sense. I still vote for it to be optional though, you can choose a timed or non-timed match. This way everyone can choose their preference.

RE: Time limit on games - Dabestbro - 04-09-2013 03:58 PM

That's the proper attitude

RE: Time limit on games - Oxygen - 04-09-2013 11:03 PM

Thanks Smile