One Man Left Studios Community Forums
BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! (/showthread.php?tid=2041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - TheQwertiest - 04-06-2013 04:09 AM

where are all these hackers coming from? is this just 1 person?
maybe its because people are finding out that outwitters is hackable that people are trying to hack the game and they end up being successful?. leading to more hackers.

is the game that easy to hack?

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - izzilla - 04-06-2013 04:46 AM

(04-06-2013 04:09 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  where are all these hackers coming from? is this just 1 person?
maybe its because people are finding out that outwitters is hackable that people are trying to hack the game and they end up being successful?. leading to more hackers.

is the game that easy to hack?

No. It's the same person. He said in game chat he just changes his ID.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - I'mstillhere - 04-06-2013 05:06 AM

Actually no, I'm just all the names, guess who, and I'm back already. After that it's not me. I left after I stopped having fun just like I said I would. The rest of them are just people who have asked me how I do what I do and have continued what I started. All I do now is just watch everything unfold Smile

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - Darmky - 04-06-2013 05:12 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YoKafAww

This HACKER has got at the 2nd turn a high amount of energy (between 15 and 20).

I am in the Master league 1vs1 so I guess I know what I'm talking about.

He is also rude "he said f*** y** in the chat...

His username is:
Martin_NM-says-hi-Smile

In the same division (Gifted League: Short Leaf Division), there are similar nicknames so it MAY be the same person: "Martin_NM*" and "Martin_NM".
EDIT: I forgot to say but it's important, I cannot see the replay of his 2nd turn, it bugs: I go back to my Iphone menu...
(04-06-2013 05:06 AM)Imstillhere Wrote:  Actually no, I'm just all the names, guess who, and I'm back already. After that it's not me. I left after I stopped having fun just like I said I would. The rest of them are just people who have asked me how I do what I do and have continued what I started. All I do now is just watch everything unfold Smile

If it's you, just tell to the admin so they can fix bugs and people can play the right way.
There is no point to hack to make this world worst than it is already.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - baopu - 04-06-2013 05:25 AM

(04-06-2013 05:06 AM)Imstillhere Wrote:  Actually no, I'm just all the names, guess who, and I'm back already. After that it's not me. I left after I stopped having fun just like I said I would. The rest of them are just people who have asked me how I do what I do and have continued what I started. All I do now is just watch everything unfold Smile

What an odd sense of victory.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - Craaaaazy clown - 04-06-2013 08:13 AM

Me: Craaaaazy Clown
Gifted League Round Eagle Division - 268 points - Ranked 20 - 200 League wins

Cheater: Martin_NM*
Gifted League Short Leaf Division - 227 points - Ranked 3 - 27 league wins

Hi everyone, Well this is just craaaaazy ('o',) - I just started a game on Long 9 against Martin_NM* It seems he or she can now do it on move 1:-
my guess is its the same trick for repeating turns and stockpiling wits Someone suggested earlier. they repeatedly said n00bSmile in chat - how very mature.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yoc-eAww

I suggest not clicking the link as it will crash your browser or your game if u attempt to watch it via idevice with outwitters installed -
but I have attached Image of start of my move from replay after I quit then skipped replay and it is clear to see my opponent is blatantly cheating
I quit the game so I could generate replay link -

I believe I have been beaten plenty of other times with less blatant uses of the hack
- after a bit of thinking I believe I have worked out the true purpose of the hacker.
First of all I believe the hacker also has a legitimate account and are using the hacked accounts to boost - if they come up against themselves with the cheat characters they let themselves "proper" user win. This would explain the fast ranking as u gain more rank for beating opponents who have higher win streaks - please correct me if I am wrong. Could you look for this on the server ? look for people who are beating the cheating users and check the matches to see if they are just allowing them to beat them for the points and ban them too ?

secondly couldn't the server be set to check the moves are right per turn by means of a cheksum and reset the move if they are not ?

Punishment for anyone found to be cheating - instead of banning assign them to a league where they can only play against other cheats or themselves but with different names so they don't know.

Measure twice - Cut once.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - ssstars - 04-06-2013 11:08 AM

You're giving the cheaters too much credit. They are simply bullies enjoying the reactions they get

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - TheGreatAnt - 04-06-2013 01:45 PM

(04-06-2013 11:08 AM)ssstars Wrote:  You're giving the cheaters too much credit. They are simply bullies enjoying the reactions they get

They still need to be addressed so they can be dealt with.

RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first! - ElPared - 04-06-2013 02:20 PM

Like I said it's possible for Adam and Alex to have the game's .plist files translate into Hexadecimal instead of plain text which, when viewed in anything but a hex editor, is displayed as just a bunch of gibberish and special characters. (and when viewed by a hex editor it's just a bunch of hexadecimal numbers, win win!)

While it doesn't prevent hacking, it does make it MUCH more difficult.

I like the checksum and the "ban the guys who beat the cheaters" idea. I wish UDID bans were possible though, as that would also solve the legit accounts beating the cheaters thing (since their device itself would be banned, therefore they couldn't access the game even from their legit GC accounts)

I've seen several games that differentiate between players by the device's UDID, so I'm surprised Apple doesn't allow access to it anymore. I wonder if they make exceptions under circumstances like these?

ElPared(heart) is back - lwalker73 - 04-06-2013 10:49 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YoZGeAww

Looks like he's back as ElParedHeart

In 3 moves, he had 3 Mobi's, and made multiple Snipers. The math was totally impossible. The game replay freezes after the first move but if you advance through the moves one by one you can see the end results. Please eliminate him.