One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Giving up so soon? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Giving up so soon? (/showthread.php?tid=2017)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Giving up so soon? - .Memories. - 03-30-2013 02:32 PM

(03-30-2013 01:42 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Yet, this could probably also be the reason why some people get tired easily of the game. It's because the same thing happens repeatedly (not enough variety).

More teams and/or more game modes could possibly change that.

Yep, I totally agree. Everyone may like this game for different reasons. I, however, enjoy the fact that I didn't have to spend hours and hours learning the nuances of the game. It's simple - something I greatly appreciate. But I do understand why others might not like that, merely a difference in opinion.

RE: Giving up so soon? - ElPared - 03-30-2013 06:58 PM

they say variety is the spice of life.

I would like to see new teams and maps for sure (for example I'm still disappointed that there are no new Feedback themed maps), and I believe adding even one team would add a bit more variety to the game.

I mean, there's a lot of variety already with random maps and 4 teams, but the only difference between each team is 1 unit, so having more teams means more interesting mechanics, means more variety

RE: Giving up so soon? - =) Random Task (= - 03-30-2013 08:51 PM

I totally agree on the importance of the simplicity of the gameplay and I realise how difficult it can be to find the right balance with new teams (just look at the bramble) but I guess if they add a blitz game mode (and charge for it), release new map packs (and charge for it) and maybe once a year launch a new team they could continue to generate a revenue stream further building on their initial investment in the game and show commitment to their loyal player base. Knowing the door is shut somehow doesn't feel nice.

I understand that Alex and Adam are interested in new challenges. the above could probably be done as a second priority or maybe even with the support from the community. If it is for money, I think there is potential left on the road by not implementing a blitz game or speed game mode. It was a recurring feedback of some newbies that they want gameplay to be faster.

However... If all this will not be realised I will nevertheeless continue to enjoy the game as it is!

RE: Giving up so soon? - TheLurkerV - 03-30-2013 09:19 PM

What's the commotion about the devs not developing anymore new content ? :O

Can't find the post anywhere.. or perhaps my sight is failing me.

Just took a kinda long hiatus due to personal stuff and the bramble overbuff imho ( got debuffed recently ? ) .

RE: Giving up so soon? - TheGoldenGriffin - 03-30-2013 10:10 PM

Its in the blog

RE: Giving up so soon? - TheGreatAnt - 03-30-2013 10:33 PM

(03-30-2013 09:19 PM)TheLurkerV Wrote:  Bramble: ( got debuffed recently ? ) .

Yes, that is true. Thorns are now at 2hp, but can still attack and retreat. But a lot more difficult to use.

RE: Giving up so soon? - TheLurkerV - 03-30-2013 10:55 PM

@TheGoldenGriffin : thanks for the tip Smile

@TheGreatAnt : Why is it alot more difficult to use ? The reduction from 3hp to 2hp ?

RE: Giving up so soon? - TheGreatAnt - 03-30-2013 11:01 PM

(03-30-2013 10:55 PM)TheLurkerV Wrote:  @TheGreatAnt : Why is it alot more difficult to use ? The reduction from 3hp to 2hp ?
Well, the ability to use the same, but the effectiveness has dropped. The necessary defense for thorns was a lot of heavies and a few snipers to back them up.

Now with the thorns at 2hp. Soldiers can easily cut through and move through the vines. And also, there is a wit/kill on the thorns, so now, you don't have to waste a lot of wits getting thorns out of the way.
With that being said, it is hard to balance making units and pushing forward with thorns.

RE: Giving up so soon? - Mag!cGuy - 03-31-2013 12:09 AM

The teams are the core of outwitters, variety is really important. It's better to spend many hours to learn everything than learning fast and being bored quickly. I am not bored cuz I play more 2v2 and I aim to be top 20, but I'd really love to finally see something fresh!

RE: Giving up so soon? - laYahooz - 03-31-2013 05:33 AM

I'm fine with no more teams. But I'm worried about maps.....

@CombatEx
They did say no more themed maps which means no more teams (which I fine with), but they also said NO MORE CONTENT. Content includes new maps involving feedback theme, scallywags theme, adorables theme, and veggienauts theme. I'm I right?

@GG
agreed that they need a new game. And they better kick starter it before they even consider releasing. I think everyone here isn't understanding that outwitters has failed financially and CANNOT be fixed. You got to get it right the first time. Sounds harsh? A lot of great games had had the same failures.

Also I have my reasons, only being a n00b programmer in C++ (and java), that the code to outwitters is a little bit messy at the moment.

I just really hope we can continue to see more maps! And hopefully, probably not sadly though, another game mode.