One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Please buff The Scrambler - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Please buff The Scrambler (/showthread.php?tid=1840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - Gavin Wins - 03-08-2013 05:04 AM

What about a 1 dmg splash damage attack around the scrambler when it brainwashes a unit?

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - Alvendor - 03-08-2013 06:39 AM

Decrease its cost by one would be simple and effective

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - Ja Karta - 03-08-2013 07:18 AM

+2 wits on kill is interesting and thematic to the flash tactical focus of scrambler, but probably more inelegant than would be allowed.
Changing cost is a similar problem (though also attractive, and less inelegant IMO).

If scrambler does some day get a buff a 1hp buff would probably make the most sense. It would significantly increase the positions a scrambler could be in without threat, without making it unkillable.

Admittedly, that's a pretty large buff. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen eventually.
(The high-level advantage of adorables, and v3 veggies, is that they essentially have more tactical options than scrambler. Whose low threat range and vulnerability simple results in a large pruning of viable moves. (BS is a special case as its defensive nature sets up positions where it is attacked, pruning opponents options)

I'm not complaining. I'm just starting my masters battles now. But from a graph/decision theory perspective alone there's good train to think the brain is at a disadvantage. (Of course that's why I like playing it. : )

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - ElPared - 03-08-2013 07:31 AM

Scrambler seems pretty balanced as is.

I used to think allowing it to scramble at a distance of 2 would be a good buff because then you could scramble from behind your units and it would be a bit harder to kill it after 1 scrambling. That would also have the same effect as giving it 4 movement.

This ^ seems OP to me though. You could just hide your brain behind a wall of soldiers and it would be incredibly difficult to kill it. However, now that I think of it, this is exactly how the Bombshell works, but at much higher range, and this could probably improve feedback's game against the turtling strategies it's weak against.

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - Ryzuma - 03-08-2013 07:53 AM

Difference is bs doesn't give you a unit

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - zer0CD - 03-08-2013 08:48 AM

Alvendor's suggestion actually makes the most sense, any sort of hp buff or movement buff would just make scramblers ridiculous. I'm not complaining though. OML GIVE ME MY 3 HP SCRAMBLERS!!!!

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - TheQwertiest - 03-08-2013 08:50 AM

yeah alvendors suggestion makes sense but it would ruin the balance of the special unit costs

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - zer0CD - 03-08-2013 08:52 AM

Well it's the "least OP" suggestion given so far. Although I definitely wouldn't mind any of the other suggestions Big Grin

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - TheQwertiest - 03-08-2013 08:53 AM

id suggest either 4 movement, 2hp, or increase vision to 5. *only the vision

RE: Please buff The Scrambler - blckace - 03-08-2013 10:40 AM

I'm really sad about having to abandon feedback being the highest ranked feedback player. Currently, I'm honing my Vegginauts skills in lower leagues to switch to them full time they are really fun and strong after the update. I expect there will be a nerf but hope not! I don't think I will switch back to feedback unless my proposals are accepted because any less of a buff and they still won't be able to compete in the top 10 but that's just my opinion.