One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 03:08 PM

@worldfamous, I recommend editing the thread title and OP. I don't think anyone here is advocating arbitrary promotion for specific teams; rather we just want to improve the promotion system. I think this is confusing some people...they may think we are trying to unfairly promote ourselves.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - worldfamous - 02-19-2013 03:28 PM

(02-19-2013 03:02 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 02:50 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.

I need to clarify your position: do you believe that:

A. 1v1 and 2v2 ST leagues are equally prestigious?
B. that the hidden skill threshold required to be promoted to ST is equal between 1v1 and 2v2? Or
C. Both A and B

Will respond to the rest when you can clarify this for me.

I feel this question is mined. But I'll bite and go with C

(02-19-2013 02:46 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Therein lies the problem. I think that's why this is confusing to those not directly involved. Our win percentage was and is still high but we are at a level where we are all about equal at the top. Trust me when I say, it's like telling numbers 3,4, and 5 in the top 200 that the one that beats the others 4/5 or 9/10 is the one that will be promoted. Of course I can't know for sure but I've got 400 games experience that tells me that's about the case. MrBanger, it sounds like you're getting a taste of what I'm saying recently, from what I hear from you

What taste do you speak of?

The recent losses and tougher competition you spoke of.
(02-19-2013 03:08 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  @worldfamous, I recommend editing the thread title and OP. I don't think anyone here is advocating arbitrary promotion for specific teams; rather we just want to improve the promotion system. I think this is confusing some people...they may think we are trying to unfairly promote ourselves.

How does "Worldfamous and GreatGonzales vs The World" sound? Or maybe, "Why Worldfamous and Great Gonzales should be Super Titans", oh no wait I've got it, "Down with MrBanger and Alexjiang!" Wink

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 03:36 PM

(02-19-2013 03:28 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
Quote:I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.

B. that the hidden skill threshold required to be promoted to ST is equal between 1v1 and 2v2? Or
C. Both A and B

(02-19-2013 02:46 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Therein lies the problem. I think that's why this is confusing to those not directly involved. Our win percentage was and is still high but we are at a level where we are all about equal at the top. Trust me when I say, it's like telling numbers 3,4, and 5 in the top 200 that the one that beats the others 4/5 or 9/10 is the one that will be promoted. Of course I can't know for sure but I've got 400 games experience that tells me that's about the case. MrBanger, it sounds like you're getting a taste of what I'm saying recently, from what I hear from you

(02-19-2013 03:08 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  @worldfamous, I recommend editing the thread title and OP. I don't think anyone here is advocating arbitrary promotion for specific teams; rather we just want to improve the promotion system. I think this is confusing some people...they may think we are trying to unfairly promote ourselves.

How does "Worldfamous and GreatGonzales vs The World" sound? Or maybe, "Why Worldfamous and Great Gonzales should be Super Titans", oh no wait I've got it, "Down with MrBanger and Alexjiang!" Wink

Sad

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - TheQwertiest - 02-19-2013 04:03 PM

i cant believe ive been sucked into reading this whole thread. xD
5 pages with 50 posts per page @@

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 04:07 PM

(02-19-2013 03:28 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  

C. Both A and B

Not to make excuses or anything, but I would want to attribute our recent losses to lack of thinking and recovering from a burnout

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Alvendor - 02-19-2013 09:18 PM

There seems to be an misunderstanding by some how the ranking system works. Assuming reaching super titan requires you hidden skill to reach a certain threshold and that there is not any point inflation in the rating system (think they've said they've tried to avoid that):

A specific hidden skill does not indicate a specific skill level in absolute terms. It only indicates your skill level in in comparison to the rest of the player pool.

This means a couple of things:
* It requires a higher skill level now to reach super titan than it did 6 months ago as the overall skill level of the player pool have increased. The same is true for 1v1. Heck, I reached super titan back in the days just by defending with a bombshell and then counterattacking. Today you need to do more than that to reach super titan.

* The number of players in the pool determine approximately how many can reach a certain skill rating. That an additional team reach super titan does not necessarily mean they have become better, it could also be that they were the highest ranked masters and more teams have started playing allowing for higher rankings for the top teams.

If all players that wanted a larger super titan league created 10 alt accounts and lost 10 2v2 games in each and then waited a couple of months the additional points will propagate through the system and it's likely a third team will become super titan!

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - TheQwertiest - 02-19-2013 09:45 PM

yes! uhm.. what he said ^

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mag!cGuy - 02-19-2013 10:05 PM

(02-19-2013 09:45 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  yes! uhm.. what he said ^

Or how to seem implicated in a debate even though we don't tell anything. Big Grin

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 11:15 PM

(02-19-2013 02:29 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  For those of you telling me to just quit whining and start beating super titans, I just want to reiterate the situation that spurred me on to write this and the frustration thread. I just looked at my cue and realized that out of the 8 league games that were started vs Krogoth/Gurleyman, he declined 6. I'm tryin', I swears I am.

So, what I gather from this, is that the problem stems from being able to decline games without repercussions. This seems like it would be an easy fix for Alex or Adam (though I can't be sure) and it seems it make lots of 2v2 players happier.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 11:21 PM

Make a unified decision to cancel all games vs them? That would actually solve the problem for us, if they refuse to play P2 games then refuse to play P2 games vs them. I know it shouldn' even be abusable in the first place but it's a compromise.