One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 01:31 PM

(02-19-2013 01:17 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Can I make a thread, or can I make a thread! Big Grin

2 threads that are over 20 pages, applause

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 01:31 PM

Can't believe this thread has 21 pages In less than a day and a half.
It's funny...I had thought to myself if you wanna really make a good thread, you have to post a controversial topic so an argument starts. That'll really get people to pay attention. Lol xD

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - amoffett11 - 02-19-2013 01:34 PM

(02-19-2013 01:21 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 01:16 PM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 01:02 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Please. Please respond to my arguments directly. I am getting super tired of writing the same thing over and over...

Is there a need to respond to each argument directly? I think we understand your position and your reasoning behind it, we just don't agree about it. You're writing the same thing over, but I can assure you that I (and probably the others here as well) have read your arguments, so this is unnecessary. We just disagree with them. Obviously everyone should just agree to disagree.

No because I am spending a lot of time refuting you, and then you don't respond to my refutations (and, evidently, your mind unchanged). That's rude and frustrating, so I'm done arguing with you.

That's cool. I think if you look back I have responded to your to your arguments (I wouldn't call them refutations, that would imply that my argument has been proven wrong, which it hasn't, because these are just opinions here, but I digress). Unlike you, though you've been retyping the same arguments, I don't have the time to state my point of view against each of them more them once, which is why it looks like I'm not responding to them. What I was trying to avoid was arguing in circles, which is what retyping arguments and responding to them again and again will lead to.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 01:39 PM

(02-19-2013 12:56 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:39 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:13 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:League distribution is where we disagree. Like amofett, I believe ST should be a title/achievement for your hidden skill being above a certain threshold, not that we need to put a specific % of players in the ST league just because their aren't enough that got there.
The only solution I see to this, is OML putting a top - chart WITH hidden skill shown, or else who knows the difference between 2-3

Banger, I just do not see how you are still saying this after I have directly addressed these issues.

I believe 2v2 ST SHOULD be a distinction and an honor. It should be a distinction and an honor as much as it is for 1v1. Currently, 2v2 ST is a higher distinction than 1v1, and as a result there are only 2 STs for 2v2. This has very little utility, and thus we are proposing a correction to the system so it is more in line.

I actually think it's the same distinction. There just happens to be master teams not at that level yet, if translated to 1v1, from what is observed, there are only 2 individuals who would be ST

Banger, what evidence do you have that high masters are not at the same level as, say, low ST in 1v1? This is just your opinion, and frankly it flies in the face of logic.

Again. 7 months is long enough for the elite to emerge. There were many 1v1 STs after only 2 months. Yet, we STILL only have 2 2v2 STs. There are two possibilities, assuming that the promotion threshold for 1v1 and 2v2 are equivalent, as you now claim: either there are only 2 teams who have reached ST skill level in the same time that roughly 200 1v1 STs earned the distinction, or, the 2v2 ST promotion threshold is more strict than 1v1, which has kept the number of 2v2 STs disproportionately low.

I think it is clearly the latter. If i am wrong, tell me why.

I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.
And regarding your first statement, when did I ever say low STs are leagues ahead of high masters? There's 2 possibilities here, either the high masters aren't high enough or the ST hidden skill is significantly higher than the masters due to records.
And the above possibilities can be proven by the amount of points we were getting after each win before the point screwup, which was less than 10. Most of the time being 6

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - worldfamous - 02-19-2013 02:29 PM

For those of you telling me to just quit whining and start beating super titans, I just want to reiterate the situation that spurred me on to write this and the frustration thread. I just looked at my cue and realized that out of the 8 league games that were started vs Krogoth/Gurleyman, he declined 6. I'm tryin', I swears I am.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - amoffett11 - 02-19-2013 02:35 PM

(02-19-2013 02:29 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  For those of you telling me to just quit whining and start beating super titans, I just want to reiterate the situation that spurred me on to write this and the frustration thread. I just looked at my cue and realized that out of the 8 league games that were started vs Krogoth/Gurleyman, he declined 6. I'm tryin', I swears I am.

That's a different issue altogether, and that's not cool behaviour. Not sure what you can do about it. Maybe just dont play with that team at all, if they wont start a game until they feel they have the advantage, I wouldn't play any games with them. if everyone did this, they couldnt play anybody, and might have to change.

It's not really a matter of beating STs to get promoted, it's about beating the Masters teams at the same level as you, and beating them more than you lose to them (as to the percentage necessary, thats anyone's guess).

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 02:42 PM

Yep^. Agreed

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - worldfamous - 02-19-2013 02:46 PM

Therein lies the problem. I think that's why this is confusing to those not directly involved. Our win percentage was and is still high but we are at a level where we are all about equal at the top. Trust me when I say, it's like telling numbers 3,4, and 5 in the top 200 that the one that beats the others 4/5 or 9/10 is the one that will be promoted. Of course I can't know for sure but I've got 400 games experience that tells me that's about the case. MrBanger, it sounds like you're getting a taste of what I'm saying recently, from what I hear from you

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.

I need to clarify your position: do you believe that:

A. 1v1 and 2v2 ST leagues are equally prestigious?
B. that the hidden skill threshold required to be promoted to ST is equal between 1v1 and 2v2? Or
C. Both A and B

Will respond to the rest when you can clarify this for me.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 03:02 PM

(02-19-2013 02:50 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.

I need to clarify your position: do you believe that:

A. 1v1 and 2v2 ST leagues are equally prestigious?
B. that the hidden skill threshold required to be promoted to ST is equal between 1v1 and 2v2? Or
C. Both A and B

Will respond to the rest when you can clarify this for me.

I feel this question is mined. But I'll bite and go with C

(02-19-2013 02:46 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Therein lies the problem. I think that's why this is confusing to those not directly involved. Our win percentage was and is still high but we are at a level where we are all about equal at the top. Trust me when I say, it's like telling numbers 3,4, and 5 in the top 200 that the one that beats the others 4/5 or 9/10 is the one that will be promoted. Of course I can't know for sure but I've got 400 games experience that tells me that's about the case. MrBanger, it sounds like you're getting a taste of what I'm saying recently, from what I hear from you

What taste do you speak of?