One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GoHeat 3 - 02-19-2013 12:47 PM

(02-19-2013 12:44 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:40 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:35 PM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:27 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I feel like people aren't reading what I'm saying. Let me put it this way:

Currently, 2v2 ST is more of a distinction and an honor than 1v1 ST.
Likewise, 1v1 ST is less of a distinction than 2v2 ST.

The reason is, the promotion threshold for 1v1 is more relaxed, relative to the population of 2v2 players. The proposal that I submit is that we should bring 2v2 to be consistent with the 1v1 standard, which would create a more vibrant 2v2 ST league.

I hope that helps.

I disagree, I think it's a higher distinction because its harder to be good as a pair than as a single player. If the thresholds are currently the same as you suggest (and I think they probably are), that would support this theory. I still don't get this need for a "vibrant 2v2 ST league". You are all playing each other correct? Look how animated this discussion is. Seems plenty "vibrant" already to me.

It depends on the context of a 'good pair'. I'm genuinely considering making a 2vs2 team with myself as theres no chance of anyone getting into ST without perfect communication.

Absolutely untrue. Stellar communication is required but not perfect as observed by Terence and awpertunity's record against us

(02-19-2013 12:26 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  If poweewee and joelduque were proclaimed the only super titans tomorrow, it would be perfectly analogous to the current 2v2 situation.

No it wouldn't. Because you're saying the skill level between the tippy top master team and whoever is lower, us or G/K is the same difference between Joel and alvendor?
I guess that explains a lot. Lol

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 12:49 PM

(02-19-2013 12:27 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I feel like people aren't reading what I'm saying. Let me put it this way:

The reason is, the promotion threshold for 1v1 is more relaxed, relative to the population of 2v2 players. The proposal that I submit is that we should bring 2v2 to be consistent with the 1v1 standard, which would create a more vibrant 2v2 ST league.

I hope that helps.

I disagree, I think it's a higher distinction because its harder to be good as a pair than as a single player. If the thresholds are currently the same as you suggest (and I think they probably are), that would support this theory. I still don't get this need for a "vibrant 2v2 ST league". You are all playing each other correct? Look how animated this discussion is. Seems plenty "vibrant" already to me.

It depends on the context of a 'good pair'. I'm genuinely considering making a 2vs2 team with myself as theres no chance of anyone getting into ST without perfect communication.
Try, it's harder than you think, Ive tried pass n play with banger like this, it's pretty hard. Not saying its impossible but I think 2 minds are greater than one

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - worldfamous - 02-19-2013 12:50 PM

I hope that helps.

Absolutely untrue. Stellar communication is required but not perfect as observed by Terence and awpertunity's record against us

(02-19-2013 12:26 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  If poweewee and joelduque were proclaimed the only super titans tomorrow, it would be perfectly analogous to the current 2v2 situation.

No it wouldn't. Because you're saying the skill level between the tippy top master team and whoever is lower, us or G/K is the same difference between Joel and alvendor?
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

I agree that two minds are greater than one and I also agree that living in the same house is a MASSIVE advantage if you are skilled players.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 12:53 PM

(02-19-2013 12:50 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  

I hope that helps.

I agree that two minds are greater than one and I also agree that living in the same house is a MASSIVE advantage if you are skilled players.
I cannot argue with those statements.

As in the part after the hard return

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 12:54 PM

(02-19-2013 12:50 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  

I hope that helps.

Same

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 12:55 PM

Well I am glad the conversation has settled down a little bit. Thanks all.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 12:56 PM

(02-19-2013 12:39 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:13 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:League distribution is where we disagree. Like amofett, I believe ST should be a title/achievement for your hidden skill being above a certain threshold, not that we need to put a specific % of players in the ST league just because their aren't enough that got there.
The only solution I see to this, is OML putting a top - chart WITH hidden skill shown, or else who knows the difference between 2-3

Banger, I just do not see how you are still saying this after I have directly addressed these issues.

I believe 2v2 ST SHOULD be a distinction and an honor. It should be a distinction and an honor as much as it is for 1v1. Currently, 2v2 ST is a higher distinction than 1v1, and as a result there are only 2 STs for 2v2. This has very little utility, and thus we are proposing a correction to the system so it is more in line.

I actually think it's the same distinction. There just happens to be master teams not at that level yet, if translated to 1v1, from what is observed, there are only 2 individuals who would be ST

Banger, what evidence do you have that high masters are not at the same level as, say, low ST in 1v1? This is just your opinion, and frankly it flies in the face of logic.

Again. 7 months is long enough for the elite to emerge. There were many 1v1 STs after only 2 months. Yet, we STILL only have 2 2v2 STs. There are two possibilities, assuming that the promotion threshold for 1v1 and 2v2 are equivalent, as you now claim: either there are only 2 teams who have reached ST skill level in the same time that roughly 200 1v1 STs earned the distinction, or, the 2v2 ST promotion threshold is more strict than 1v1, which has kept the number of 2v2 STs disproportionately low.

I think it is clearly the latter. If i am wrong, tell me why.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 12:59 PM

(02-19-2013 12:55 PM)Coolio Wrote:  Well I am glad the conversation has settled down a little bit. Thanks all.

Bit of friendly discussion never did anyone harm Wink

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 01:01 PM

(02-19-2013 12:55 PM)Coolio Wrote:  Well I am glad the conversation has settled down a little bit. Thanks all.

It was just frustration at differing opinions, that I'm sure most felt(frustration part), once the storm blew over, it was fine.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 01:02 PM

Please. Please respond to my arguments directly. I am getting super tired of writing the same thing over and over...