One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

I should have declared it before joining the discussion. I didn't realize that I was going to make a kerfuffle from bringing a point to the table.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

(02-19-2013 10:11 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  According to that then ST level only belongs to the top 2 players which is highly impractical, referring back to the whole point of having a SuperTitan league existing in the first place; whats the point in having one if it's so exclusive that it only has 4 players in it?

Quote:P.S. if you don't want people mad, don't make assumptions, ASS U ME.

I'll pretend you didn't say that. I've said nothing unreasonable so far.

Mmm. But the skill level difference may be large enough that there are only 2 2v2 ST. Say the req is 1700 hidden skill. We might be just fringe ST with a hidden skill of 1750, while K and G have 2000 or so. Just because we are the 2 STs, doesn't mean we are similar in skill. But despite that, the lower skilled ST will still be stronger than the say 1670 master. So you're proposing that there shouldn't just be 2 STs, when only 2 Teams make the mark?

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 10:25 AM

(02-19-2013 10:19 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 10:11 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  According to that then ST level only belongs to the top 2 players which is highly impractical, referring back to the whole point of having a SuperTitan league existing in the first place; whats the point in having one if it's so exclusive that it only has 4 players in it?

Quote:P.S. if you don't want people mad, don't make assumptions, ASS U ME.

I'll pretend you didn't say that. I've said nothing unreasonable so far.

Mmm. But the skill level difference may be large enough that there are only 2 2v2 ST. Say the req is 1700 hidden skill. We might be just fringe ST with a hidden skill of 1750, while K and G have 2000 or so. Just because we are the 2 STs, doesn't mean we are similar in skill. But despite that, the lower skilled ST will still be stronger than the say 1670 master. So you're proposing that there shouldn't just be 2 STs, when only 2 Teams make the mark?

Thing is from the top 200 we can clearly see that theres something 'special' about the top few players who are a cut above the rest, even though there are plenty of players in SuperTitan. I understand what you mean, but I think that if a 2vs2 top 100 list was to be introduced players wouldn't mind ST being introduced at all, or if points actually were a true reflection of skill. Just making the boundary more lax on it's own wouldn't do good, but in a combination with other factors I think it could work.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:Not saying we don't want more ST, we welcome them, but you have to earn it. Period.

Alex, do you understand my argument? This suggests that you don't understand my argument.

My contention is that some teams have already earned ST status, because the threshold has always been wrong.[/quote][/code]

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

(02-19-2013 10:12 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 10:10 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Getting offended for no reason at all...

Who's assuming now?

Youre admitting to assuming with this quote. You thought I said the above, but in reality you were the one who said it, so youre calling yourself someone who assumes.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

(02-19-2013 10:26 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 10:10 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Getting offended for no reason at all...

Who's assuming now?

Youre admitting to assuming with this quote. You thought I said the above, but in reality you were the one who said it, so youre calling yourself someone who assumes.

Just stop you two!
You aren't even talking about the matter at hand anymore!

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - amoffett11 - 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

Here's where I think this disagreement stems from: some people see SuperTitan as a "league". You're arguing that it doesn't make sense to have a league with only 2 people, that the divide should be based on kind of a pyramid (as in x% ST, y% masters, z% gifted... Where x<y<z) with a small percentage of players being ST, and you feel that the percentage as it currently stands is too small, and therefore the threshold should be lower so that the percentage is closer to where you feel it should be. You feel basically that there should be a "league" of STs, and to have this there needs to be more of them. I don't think I've misrepresented your argument here.

What I am saying is that ST is not a league, it's a distinction. It's an award. OML sat down and said " X is the threshold for being a ST", anyone who reaches X will receive the distinction of SuperTitan. It's not as ST is a league all it's own, and the two ST only play each other, and masters only play master. You're all playing each other anyways. I'm sure OML set the level they did knowing it was very hard to get to, and want to award those who reach it accordingly. The fact that the there is a difference between the percentage of 1v1 STs and the number of 2v2 STs I think is based on the fact that its much harder to improve as a duo than it is to improve on your own. It's harder to reach that top echelon level. Its hard. It should be hard. But its not impossible. What I'm arguing is that I don't think there should be a shortcut.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 10:30 AM

(02-19-2013 10:26 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:Not saying we don't want more ST, we welcome them, but you have to earn it. Period.

Alex, do you understand my argument? This suggests that you don't understand my argument.

My contention is that some teams have already earned ST status, because the threshold has always been wrong.
[/code]
[/quote]

If thats the case, then I admit to not understanding your argument. One question, not being aggresive, howd you know the threshold is wrong?
(02-19-2013 10:28 AM)Coolio Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 10:26 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  

Who's assuming now?

Just stop you two!
You aren't even talking about the matter at hand anymore!
Agreed, stopped

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 10:38 AM

Thanks for stepping in Coolio Smile

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 10:40 AM

(02-19-2013 10:38 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Thanks for stepping in Coolio Smile

I've been trying to since page 12.