One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 09:53 AM

(02-19-2013 09:28 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 09:09 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  I never said I was set on not promoting anyone else to ST. I'm just wondering why there's all these complaints when it's clearly possible to get to ST...

Just because you have managed to get into ST level doesn't mean that it's possible for other teams (In fact improbable is probably correct here), in fact thats probably whats restricting the other teams from getting up there. Probably, of course I can't say thats true as we don't know how it works. I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the fact that you both can communicate with each other in person whenever you want and guide each others moves and tell each other what the other is doing whenever you want which would be a big contributing factor after all. Plus you are both in Master and Gifted in 1vs1 which is unusual compared to the top Master 2vs2 teams, who are largely Super Titans. A player shouldn't be penalized for not being able to communicate with each other as well as a player of equal skill. I believe that the other ST's were friends in real life also? Really if anything this should mean there should be more lax boundaries between Master/ST in 2vs2 otherwise if the game was more popular ST's would only be compromised of players that know each other in real life.
Why bring 1v1 into this? Because we obviously devote our time to mastering 1v1...Like GG said, him and Rawkhawk are brothers, WF and DMFD are really good friends, correct me if Im wrong but Szei and Eijolene know each other (I recall that being said somewhere, not sure). And if we are talking 1v1, I'm sure there are lots of people here who have played me, mainly those in the clan. And Connor34911 knows me. Since we are talking about 1v1, yes Im in the top 200, no not under this account, yes I was in the top 100, no not under this account, yes I played FB only, yes I used no other team.
For Mr. Banger, he was a ST prefix and a player actually worthy, if anyone recalls al6m who was number 3 in the beginning, Mr Banger split a pair of games with him going as P2 on Foundry and SP.
I'm going to use an analogy, Im sure you've heard of Lebron James, we all know him, we know his achievements, his supernatural basketball abilities. But did you know he was an AllState receiver in HS? He went on to pursue his stronger talent, basketball, just like we did 2v2, you can't say he sucks at football because he was an All State Receiver not an NFL Reciever or played football for Oregon, he simply didn't pursue; but is he not good at it? Heck no. I'm sure LBJ given his physical talents and competitiveness could have been great at football, IF HE PURSUED IT.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 09:55 AM

(02-19-2013 09:51 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  You completely missed my point, the main point is that with a small player base the boundaries need to be more relaxed to accommodate as so few teams know each other in real life. This isn't about point scoring or kissing up to players.

My point was, certainly, knowing each other irl helps, but that's not all that's required to be 2v2 ST which is what im reading from your posts. By the way, where did point scoring and kissing up to players come from? o.O

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 09:56 AM

Ok, I have been readi this whole thread. I do play 2v2 and I was in masters before (I think) y partner stopped playing. So I have some anger from 2v2 just like the rest of you. But my team was not a top master so I believe I am a more neutral party.

Having declared I am a neutral party, I believe everyone posting In this thread should be open- minded to their opponents thoughts. Yes, Great Gonzales and worldfamous, we understand that there are only 2 super Titan teams when there probably should be more. And yes, mr banger and amofett, we understand that the threshold was set at a certain point and that if Alex and Adam haven't made changes after 7 months, why would it be wrong? They are the developers after all and most likely know what's best for the game.

But, why can't we have the best of both worlds? One side wants more super Titan teams while the other doesn't. There seems there could be a halfway point. What if the threshold was lowered slightly, enough that it would give teams a better chance to make it into super Titan, but not enough to promote those top master teams right away? Would that make both sides happy? Because I don't think anyone clicked on the link I posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 09:56 AM

(02-19-2013 09:51 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  You completely missed my point, the main point is that with a small player base the boundaries need to be more relaxed to accommodate as so few teams know each other in real life. This isn't about point scoring or kissing up to players or using individual examples, it seems I had to use one as GG and COmbatEX's slew of explanations don't seem to satisfy even though they are perfectly resonable.

Again, stop the assuming, no ones kissing up to anyone. I've already stated, Terence and awpertunity are good enough, why? Because when we played them, they handled our attack very well and provided an amazing counterattack and came up with a strategy we haven't seen before. They've split the league games with us. I've looked at their game in the tournament on BB and its a very very good defense. Near flawless, I suggest you take a look at it if you disagree and feel like Im kissing up to them
(02-19-2013 09:56 AM)Coolio Wrote:  Ok, I have been readi this whole thread. I do play 2v2 and I was in masters before (I think) y partner stopped playing. So I have some anger from 2v2 just like the rest of you. But my team was not a top master so I believe I am a more neutral party.

Having declared I am a neutral party, I believe everyone posting In this thread should be open- minded to their opponents thoughts. Yes, Great Gonzales and worldfamous, we understand that there are only 2 super Titan teams when there probably should be more. And yes, mr banger and amofett, we understand that the threshold was set at a certain point and that if Alex and Adam haven't made changes after 7 months, why would it be wrong? They are the developers after all and most likely know what's best for the game.

But, why can't we have the best of both worlds? One side wants more super Titan teams while the other doesn't. There seems there could be a halfway point. What if the threshold was lowered slightly, enough that it would give teams a better chance to make it into super Titan, but not enough to promote those top master teams right away? Would that make both sides happy? Because I don't think anyone clicked on the link I posted before.

Not saying we don't want more ST, we welcome them, but you have to earn it. Period.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 10:00 AM

(02-19-2013 09:56 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 09:51 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  You completely missed my point, the main point is that with a small player base the boundaries need to be more relaxed to accommodate as so few teams know each other in real life. This isn't about point scoring or kissing up to players or using individual examples, it seems I had to use one as GG and COmbatEX's slew of explanations don't seem to satisfy even though they are perfectly resonable.

Again, stop the assuming, no ones kissing up to anyone. I've already stated, Terence and awpertunity are good enough, why? Because when we played them, they handled our attack very well and provided an amazing counterattack and came up with a strategy we haven't seen before. They've split the league games with us. I've looked at their game in the tournament on BB and its a very very good defense. Near flawless, I suggest you take a look at it if you disagree and feel like Im kissing up to them
(02-19-2013 09:56 AM)Coolio Wrote:  Ok, I have been readi this whole thread. I do play 2v2 and I was in masters before (I think) y partner stopped playing. So I have some anger from 2v2 just like the rest of you. But my team was not a top master so I believe I am a more neutral party.

Not saying we don't want more ST, we welcome them, but you have to earn it. Period.
They would still have to earn it because it would be lowered in such a way that they would still have to win consistently to make it to super Titan, say they would now have to win 80-30 instead of 99-1.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 10:02 AM

Doesn't sound too bad of an idea I guess.. If I had the wrong vibes by my messages, I apologize. By no means do I not want more STs just because I want to maintain this "elitist" status, but lowering the standards or just bumping teams up?... I think we can all agree bumping teams up isn't a good idea. Lowering the standards now, I see how it would make sense, but after all the games me and Alexs team and K/G team have put in, it doesn't seem fair to award an easier path.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 10:02 AM

Don't take it personally. I made one reference to 1vs1, something no one has done so far, so chill. I was using an example to prove my point, the point on which you haven't commented on. Plenty of other players have already given theoretical explanations so I decided to take another approach to this. Anyways:

Quote:Just because you have managed to get into ST level doesn't mean that it's possible for other teams (In fact improbable is probably correct here), in fact thats probably whats restricting the other teams from getting up there.

Quote:Having declared I am a neutral party

Okay I'm going to have to declare this too as I do not want people getting offended for no reason at all: I am a neutral party too. I don't even like 2vs2 much, I'm simply using my knowledge of game balancing to help find the perfect state here.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 10:06 AM

(02-19-2013 10:02 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Don't take it personally. I made one reference to 1vs1, something no one has done so far, so chill. I was using an example to prove my point, the point on which you haven't commented on. Plenty of other players have already given theoretical explanations so I decided to take another approach to this. Anyways:

Quote:Just because you have managed to get into ST level doesn't mean that it's possible for other teams (In fact improbable is probably correct here), in fact thats probably whats restricting the other teams from getting up there.

How do you want me to respond to that quote? Just because powewee is number 1, that doesn't mean you'll get number 1? I don't understand, isn't that what this league system is about? Just because some people get in, not everyone else does? You're supporting my argument.
P.S. if you don't want people mad, don't make assumptions, ASS U ME.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Coolio - 02-19-2013 10:08 AM

(02-19-2013 10:06 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 10:02 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Don't take it personally. I made one reference to 1vs1, something no one has done so far, so chill. I was using an example to prove my point, the point on which you haven't commented on. Plenty of other players have already given theoretical explanations so I decided to take another approach to this. Anyways:

How do you want me to respond to that quote? Just because powewee is number 1, that doesn't mean you'll get number 1? I don't understand, isn't that what this league system is about? Just because some people get in, not everyone else does? You're supporting my argument.
P.S. if you don't want people mad, don't make assumptions, ASS U ME.

I believe the quote goes assumptions make an ASS of U and ME.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 10:08 AM

So I'm gonna assume that you're saying we reached ST by surperior communication. Yes, that's what 2v2 is about. Communication, but not just that. Other skill and tactics are involved. Because if it were just up to communication, we would have never lost a game. There's 2 elements regarding 2v2 mainly. Communication and skill. Our communication may be better than others, but that doesn't mean our skill and strategies are. People with surperior skill than us and worse communication can still be ST. If you have no communication, subpar cummonication, or even great communication, and shabby skills, you will never be a ST.