One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 08:29 AM

Yes, but they could have been passed by other teams in recent months. That's the point. To get promoted they did have to be better than all the other Master teams, but now? Who is to say they haven't been passed? No one except OML can tell us.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 08:30 AM

It doesn't really matter who we think should get promoted; in any case, the promotion threshold should be relaxed (probably only slightly). Then, whoever makes it, makes it in.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 08:32 AM

They couldve but the most likely explanation is that they are still higher if they havent lost many games since. And if those masters are higher, theyll get promoted soon enough

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 08:36 AM

(02-19-2013 08:32 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  They couldve but the most likely explanation is that they are still higher if they havent lost many games since. And if those masters are higher, theyll get promoted soon enough

I don't see how that is more likely at all. You have no data to back it up.

At any rate, addressing your 12-1 comment:

You may be right. However, I don't think it should take a 12-1 rating to be in ST. Currently my team is at a 6-1 ratio. Perhaps that means we shouldn't be in the same league as you, but then I want all the Master teams with a 3-1 ratio or worse to be demoted to Gifted. You see what I'm saying? Why should there be a league just for 2 teams? Even if there is a pretty large gap, 12-1 to 6-1, there is also a huge gap in masters, 6-1 to something like 3-1 or worse. If we have to have a huge gap no matter what we should at least distribute it more evenly instead of having such a huge range in Master and barely utilizing one of our leagues, ST, by only have 2 teams. Well. If you insist on only keeping 2 teams in ST then I think we should shift our focus to getting a lot of the Master teams demoted to gifted. Okay? Okay. Why promote teams when we can demote them? Sounds good! =D

Just to clear things up, I play 2v2 for fun - to relax - so I don't care personally about being promoted/demoted. All that I am saying is for what I feel is in the best interests of the 2v2 environment and not for any personal reasons. Again, if I want to stress over my personal rank I have 1v1 for that already.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - worldfamous - 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

At this point I don't ever expect to have a 12:1 win ratio(at our current level), nor do I expect anyone else to reach those levels. What I do expect is for MrBanger/Alexjiang and Gurleyman/Krogoth ratios to come more in line with the rest of us as the competition stiffens. The game has changed dramatically in recent months. For a long time there were only 2 teams that ever gave us a challenge (Gurleyman/Krogoth and Papkr/allyn). Now that all of the teams I listed in the OP have started playing, it feels like a proper league. Of course, I could be wrong but that's my guess. A lot of my frustration stems from the items I listed in my other thread. When you're trying to get to the next level and you start 6 games and they're all as P2 vs the only active ST team (Gurleyman), they pick which maps they like, decline the rest, and then decline the one game we get as P1, it gets frustrating.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 08:46 AM

Where are y'all coming from that the masters skill level is barely lower than the STs?

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Necrocat219 - 02-19-2013 08:46 AM

The difference between the top ST's and the bottom ST's is quite large in 1vs1 at least so I would see no problem Against the Likes of Terance, Poweewee, Alvy and Garcia I would probably win 1/4 games whilst against lower members of ST's it would probably be the other way around.

PS I made 1/4 up so no criticisms please! ^^; I've never been matched up with them.

Also oops, I think I made 100 posts in the last 3 days Confused

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - alexjiang1 - 02-19-2013 08:50 AM

(02-19-2013 08:36 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 08:32 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  They couldve but the most likely explanation is that they are still higher if they havent lost many games since. And if those masters are higher, theyll get promoted soon enough

I don't see how that is more likely at all. You have no data to back it up.

At any rate, addressing your 12-1 comment:

You may be right. However, I don't think it should take a 12-1 rating to be in ST. Currently my team is at a 6-1 ratio. Perhaps that means we shouldn't be in the same league as you, but then I want all the Master teams with a 3-1 ratio or worse to be demoted to Gifted. You see what I'm saying? Why should there be a league just for 2 teams? Even if there is a pretty large gap, 12-1 to 6-1, there is also a huge gap in masters, 6-1 to something like 3-1 or worse. If we have to have a huge gap no matter what we should at least distribute it more evenly instead of having such a huge range in Master and barely utilizing one of our leagues, ST, by only have 2 teams. Well. If you insist on only keeping 2 teams in ST then I think we should shift our focus to getting a lot of the Master teams demoted to gifted. Okay? Okay. Why promote teams when we can demote them? Sounds good! =D

Why do I believe it's more likely? Because for them to get promoted means they went on a streak of some sort an surpassed the threshold differentiating themselves. There's absolutely no way any masters is higher unless they went on a big losing streak (nope, not from what Ive seen in our league) and will thus be demoted to Masters, if those Masters are higher than G/K w/o them going on a losing streak than those masters deserve to be promoted and will be promoted. It's logic and the most likely scenario or else they would've been demoted or another promoted. Of course, I don't know their record, I'm sure they can provide it though.
Addressing your 6-1, you're probably close, I'm in no ways saying that isn't good enough, all I said was its probably not higher than ours/theirs. Where do you get the fact that some masters are 3-1, facts, or logical assumptions like I made?

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 08:59 AM

(02-19-2013 08:46 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Where are y'all coming from that the masters skill level is barely lower than the STs?

Did you read? In my example I stated that there could be a large gap between ST and Master. I said that even if the gap is large between ST and Master, there is also a large gap within Master. Since we have a gap anyway, is it not better to utilize all our leagues available instead of just having one league for 2 teams? Let's say this:

The 2 ST Team Hidden-Ratings

Master Team Hidden-Ratings From Highest to Lowest

1500 (highest)
[...]
800 (lowest)

So, this is all under the assumption that there is a big gap between Master team skill and ST team skill (I still think this is questionable, but just to satisfy you, let us assume this is the case).

Now, why are we devoting an entire league to 2 Teams when there is also a huge discrepancy in skill within Master? Why not instead have the following?

The 2 ST Team Hidden-Ratings

1500 (promoted)
1450 (promoted)
1425 (promoted)
1425 (promoted)

Master Team Hidden-Ratings From Highest to Lowest

[quote]
1325 (highest)
[...]
800 (lowest)

Even then there is still a large skill range in Master but it's less drastic since we are now utilizing the ST league to a greater extent.

Of course if you're really so set on not promoting anyone else to ST then we can just demote the bottom half of Masters to Gifted instead.

RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 09:00 AM

(02-19-2013 08:46 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The difference between the top ST's and the bottom ST's is quite large in 1vs1 at least so I would see no problem Against the Likes of Terance, Poweewee, Alvy and Garcia I would probably win 1/4 games whilst against lower members of ST's it would probably be the other way around

Yes, this is an important point. People can say that there is a big divide between bottom ST and top masters, but if you look at the 1v1 ST league there is a considerable divide between poweewee and the lowest ranked ST. So, all this talk about a significant divide is not really relevant.