One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Rising Star Tournament - CONCLUDED - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Rising Star Tournament - CONCLUDED (/showthread.php?tid=1730)

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Eijolend - 03-03-2013 02:28 AM

(03-03-2013 12:40 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Hntrlln still hasn't invited me yet. How long do i have to wait?
Not at all anymore! You win that game!

Which unfortunately puts Group E to the same 3way tie that is being discussed for Group F currently.

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - jfed8 - 03-03-2013 04:40 AM

JFed-8 lost to MentisBlack, I dont have the replay anymore but hopefully reporting a loss doesn't require one!

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Spidêr - 03-03-2013 08:26 PM

(02-27-2013 10:16 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  If the following games are not started by Sat Mar 2nd 11:00 GMT the following results will be recorded:
Group F: Slowmike925 vs. Spidêr - Spidêr win
Please let me know in case they get started.

Looks like I win, woulda preferred it through a game. Sad
Also,

(03-02-2013 09:31 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  the person who won the game that both of the tied players already played, wins the tie.

(03-02-2013 04:15 AM){~BiA85~} Wrote:  How does the 2nd tie breaker work?

Doesn't my first quote apply to the second quote?

Why does this tie-breaking rule only apply to the first two players and why can't it be expanded/adapted to include more than a two way tie?
-----------------
Edit: Er... If Lugia wins against Slowmike I see where the difficulty will come in...

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Eijolend - 03-03-2013 08:59 PM

(03-03-2013 08:26 PM)Spidêr Wrote:  Edit: Er... If Lugia wins against Slowmike I see where the difficulty will come in...
Exactly! if A beats B, B beats C and C beats A, whom are going to give priority?

Can anyone else from Group E or F weigh in what they think about the "minigame" I proposed to settle this instead of random chance?

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Spidêr - 03-04-2013 03:46 PM

(03-03-2013 08:59 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Can anyone else from Group E or F weigh in what they think about the "minigame" I proposed to settle this instead of random chance?

Who goes first? What maps? Would there be map restrictions? Some maps have limited starting troops.

I'm a little nervous about this idea because I have never played a game such as the kind you suggest.

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Eijolend - 03-05-2013 03:42 AM

(03-04-2013 03:46 PM)Spidêr Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 08:59 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Can anyone else from Group E or F weigh in what they think about the "minigame" I proposed to settle this instead of random chance?

Who goes first? What maps? Would there be map restrictions? Some maps have limited starting troops.

I'm a little nervous about this idea because I have never played a game such as the kind you suggest.

I was thinking about two games with each opponent one as P1 and the other one as P2 - so that would make 4 very quick games.
Probably only the big maps since those have many starting units (i.e. Long Nine, Sweetie Plains, Foundry, Thorn Gulley).

Your second paragraph is a good point - you didn't sign up for that kind of game, so it might be unreasonable for me to make you play something like that.

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Spidêr - 03-05-2013 11:35 AM

(03-05-2013 03:42 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  I was thinking about two games with each opponent one as P1 and the other one as P2 - so that would make 4 very quick games.
Probably only the big maps since those have many starting units (i.e. Long Nine, Sweetie Plains, Foundry, Thorn Gulley).

Your second paragraph is a good point - you didn't sign up for that kind of game, so it might be unreasonable for me to make you play something like that.

Let me see if I get this straight: I'd pick a map, from the list you suggested, and be the p1 spot, then regardless of the outcome my opponent would then get to pick another map and thus have the p1 spot?

If that is what you suggest, doesn't that lead to another possible situation like the one we are in now?
---------------
Edit: Oh, wait, this is a three way tie, so one of the two I get the p1 spot and the other I get the p2 spot? Still unsure of how those get decided to make it fair, seems like there is still a large random factor that has not much to do with skill =/
---------------
2nd Edit: I wish more would comment on this Sad

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - {~BiA85~} - 03-05-2013 12:52 PM

(03-05-2013 03:42 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 03:46 PM)Spidêr Wrote:  

I was thinking about two games with each opponent one as P1 and the other one as P2 - so that would make 4 very quick games.

Not real sure what the best course of action would be for this. The starting unit games may not solve anything if we have the same split. What about if allow all of us on to the next round? Would really suck to go 4-1 and not advance. Still keep the 4 groups just have 2 with 7 players.

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Gf!sh - 03-05-2013 11:42 PM

May I suggest something? Everyone could play two full games (one as P1, one as P2), and in case of a tie, lowest turn count (of the winning game) would determine the winners. This is gonna heavily encourage rushing, which probably will accellerate games, to prevent huge waiting times.
So it would look like this for Group F.

What we could also do, is to make P1/2 reversed from what it was in the original group (in this case, {~BiA85~} would get P1 in both games and lugia77781 would get both P2)

RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 1 - Spidêr - 03-06-2013 01:21 AM

(03-05-2013 11:42 PM)Gfich Wrote:  May I suggest something? Everyone could play two full games (one as P1, one as P2), and in case of a tie, lowest turn count (of the winning game) would determine the winners. This is gonna heavily encourage rushing, which probably will accellerate games, to prevent huge waiting times.
So it would look like this for Group F.

What we could also do, is to make P1/2 reversed from what it was in the original group (in this case, {~BiA85~} would get P1 in both games and lugia77781 would get both P2)

I don't see a problem with this.

Perhaps we could just take this idea of lowest turn count and apply it to the games already played to determine the winners?
-------------------

Also, did lugia win against Slowmike? Has the game started? Haven't heard from either in a while on here and the group page hasn't been updated reflecting the status of their game.