One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Thoughts on a Chat System - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on a Chat System (/showthread.php?tid=1722)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts on a Chat System - Exzachtlee - 02-15-2013 05:52 PM

I'm not talking about the chat system that already exists in-game that disappears after the match disappears from your match list, but a chat system that's a bit more permanent and exists in Outwitters, but isn't tied to specific matches. I know it will give the OML servers much more data to deal with, but the reason I'm bringing this up is because my friend invited me to a game, messaged me using the in-game chat, made no moves, and then forfeited the game after our conversation was done. I just thought it was funny.
What are your thoughts on this?

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - Necrocat219 - 02-15-2013 06:15 PM

How about starting an Outwitters chatzy? I tried starting one for my clan and it kinda flopped Tongue

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - ElPared - 02-15-2013 06:26 PM

I might use this kind of feature. Basically just a PM feature for Outwitters. It should push you a notification when you get a new message too. C'mon, Facebook does it Tongue

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - awpertunity - 02-15-2013 09:15 PM

(02-15-2013 05:52 PM)Exzachtlee Wrote:  I'm not talking about the chat system that already exists in-game that disappears after the match disappears from your match list, but a chat system that's a bit more permanent and exists in Outwitters, but isn't tied to specific matches. I know it will give the OML servers much more data to deal with, but the reason I'm bringing this up is because my friend invited me to a game, messaged me using the in-game chat, made no moves, and then forfeited the game after our conversation was done. I just thought it was funny.
What are your thoughts on this?

Me? Haha. I was thinking this too, since I had to do that with 11 other people too.

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - aaronINdayton - 02-16-2013 12:10 AM

We could all give out our cell #s and txt each other!

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - worldfamous - 02-16-2013 02:31 AM

(02-16-2013 12:10 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  We could all give out our cell #s and txt each other!
You first!

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - Necrocat219 - 02-16-2013 06:38 AM

(02-16-2013 02:31 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-16-2013 12:10 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  We could all give out our cell #s and txt each other!
You first!

We don't live in the same countries Tongue only Americans could do it

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - aaronINdayton - 02-16-2013 07:35 AM

Facebook each other?

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - Ryzuma - 02-16-2013 07:43 AM

Just post your address and we can meet in person Big Grin

RE: Thoughts on a Chat System - Necrocat219 - 02-16-2013 09:05 AM

Made a chat room as a kind-of response to this, I know it's not what you're asking for but it could be good for the community! Smile

[Image: OutwittersChat.png]