One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open (/showthread.php?tid=1655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Mag!cGuy - 02-22-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:I have been beaten. I'm 3-1, lost to mag!cguy (Wicked21). He beats me all the time Dodgy

I lol'd Big Grin

This is why I can't believe you're ST whereas I'm not Tongue
(02-22-2013 01:26 PM).Memories. Wrote:  If a gifted wins against an ST then they should get +9001 points - what a feat!

Anyway, in all seriousness, making an ST equal to a Masters is like saying a Masters is the same as Gifted, etc, ultimately making everyone on the same level, which just isn't true. The leagues are there for a reason, and they mean something. I'd say the only options are discount any promotions during the tournament, or keep the same rules accross all leages (not singling out ST). I understand why Connor might be upset, but making a special rule is not going to make it more fair. Our Clever league member (kRaZyXmAn) was promoted, so we have to deal with the -1 point issue as well. Just make sure to utilize the other strategic components to their fullest extent.

Congratulations on getting promoted, Connor. That makes me feel a little better about our game. Smile

To be honest, the lower ST (The top 70-50) are not far from master at all, I can confirm. Smile They handle the maps a bit more, make a bit less errors, but there is not such a difference as between gifted and master!

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - TheQwertiest - 02-22-2013 10:55 PM

i think high gifted are at the masters level but inconsistent.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - lawtai - 02-22-2013 11:04 PM

I think for your next tournament, you need to better take into account promotions. They will happen during a tournament. I think that instead of having negative points, you should just reward positive points. So if you had been promoted, playing a game against a lower tier wouldn't hurt you. But if you lost, the other team gets even more points.

For this tournament, I would just keep the rules the same for the first 2 rounds. That shouldn't hurt connor since he's done already with his first 2 round games. Come up with a different rule for round 3 and onward that doesn't penalize for promotions.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 11:32 PM

(02-22-2013 11:04 PM)lawtai Wrote:  I think for your next tournament, you need to better take into account promotions. They will happen during a tournament. I think that instead of having negative points, you should just reward positive points. So if you had been promoted, playing a game against a lower tier wouldn't hurt you. But if you lost, the other team gets even more points.

For this tournament, I would just keep the rules the same for the first 2 rounds. That shouldn't hurt connor since he's done already with his first 2 round games. Come up with a different rule for round 3 and onward that doesn't penalize for promotions.

That's what I'm going to do. Just as the pack rules change per round so will points. Now we can put this to a rest. Now I will count connor34911 as a master when playing other Masters however lower levels will earn more if they were to beat him. For future rounds I will remove the deductions for player 2 since they don't choose who to play against.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 11:56 PM

(02-22-2013 11:32 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 11:04 PM)lawtai Wrote:  I think for your next tournament, you need to better take into account promotions. They will happen during a tournament. I think that instead of having negative points, you should just reward positive points. So if you had been promoted, playing a game against a lower tier wouldn't hurt you. But if you lost, the other team gets even more points.

That's what I'm going to do. Just as the pack rules change per round so will points. Now we can put this to a rest. Now I will count connor34911 as a master when playing other Masters however lower levels will earn more if they were to beat him. For future rounds I will remove the deductions for player 2 since they don't choose who to play against.

Thank you. I am fine with that system. I realize that it is difficult to run a tournament, and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Sorry for making things difficult.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-23-2013 12:37 AM

(02-22-2013 11:56 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 11:32 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  

Thank you. I am fine with that system. I realize that it is difficult to run a tournament, and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Sorry for making things difficult.

No worries, happy it all worked out!

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - jopablo! - 02-23-2013 01:26 AM

Round 2 Team 9 vs Amero. Kaizack vs jopablo!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyaT2Agw

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Qlearn - 02-23-2013 01:42 AM

I am happy to see the situation resolved with satisfaction on both sides !

Let's get back to fighting on the field Big Grin

Cheers.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - I am epic - 02-23-2013 01:54 AM

I got promoted!

Clever #30

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - {~BiA85~} - 02-23-2013 08:45 AM

(02-22-2013 07:20 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 07:08 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Will you give me the league points as a gifted or the league i was in during the game?

You will get points for the league you were in when the game was finished.

Elle, here are our two 2v2 teams. So whoever has P1 against us, invite those teams.

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

To save confusion there is an 85 in my name. {~BiA85~}