One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open (/showthread.php?tid=1655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 02:01 PM

What?

This makes no sense. You have to base it on the league people were when they entered the tourney. ST's were not allowed in the tourney so I dont even have the opportunity to play other players in the same leagues. Thus always being at a disadvantage.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 02:05 PM

(02-22-2013 02:01 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  What?

This makes no sense. You have to base it on the league people were when they entered the tourney. ST's were not allowed in the tourney so I dont even have the opportunity to play other players in the same leagues. Thus always being at a disadvantage.

It does make sense because it took care of the zero points problem. That's the ruling. I try accommodate but I won't change my entire rules concept. There will be no need to strategize if the points are the same for all.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 02:10 PM

I'm not saying that the points should be the same for all. I am saying they should be done based on the league you were when you entered. I should not be able to only get 1 point for a win. That is absurd.

I also think changing things at this point should be an issue. Matchups have been changed, new players have been added, etc. This would be nothing new.
I also honestly dont even understand the new point system you are proposing. It doesnt seem much different to me.
Also, I agree with the general concept. I do think that people in clever or gifted should get a bonus for beating me. However, I do not want to be a liability to my team. Right now I get one LESS point for a win against the highest opponent, and my opponent gets one MORE point when they beat me. Two point swing.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 02:21 PM

(02-22-2013 02:10 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  I'm not saying that the points should be the same for all. I am saying they should be done based on the league you were when you entered. I should not be able to only get 1 point for a win. That is absurd.

I also think changing things at this point should be an issue. Matchups have been changed, new players have been added, etc. This would be nothing new.
I also honestly dont even understand the new point system you are proposing. It doesnt seem much different to me.
Also, I agree with the general concept. I do think that people in clever or gifted should get a bonus for beating me. However, I do not want to be a liability to my team. Right now I get one LESS point for a win against the highest opponent, and my opponent gets one MORE point when they beat me. Two point swing.

It is likely that you will win more as well. Sorry Connor34911 but I can't just leave you as a master. Truthfully it would be difficult to go back and change everyone else's points. Also the points is part of the structure of this tournament. Changing players, matches doesn't hurt the integrity of the tournament. I really don't know how else to fairly accommodate everyone.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - I am epic - 02-22-2013 02:24 PM

(02-22-2013 02:10 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  I'm not saying that the points should be the same for all. I am saying they should be done based on the league you were when you entered. I should not be able to only get 1 point for a win. That is absurd.

Lol Connor you haven't been beaten yet who says you will be?

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 02:25 PM

Just make it so the max league is master. That changes nothing else about tournament. A clever player still get an extra two bonus points for playing me. But it will allow me to play against a masters level player and get the normal amount of points for a win. I shouldnt be penalized for being promoted during the tournament. In future tournamnts I'm sure there will be a better way to do things.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 02:39 PM

(02-22-2013 02:25 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  Just make it so the max league is master. That changes nothing else about tournament. A clever player still get an extra two bonus points for playing me. But it will allow me to play against a masters level player and get the normal amount of points for a win. I shouldnt be penalized for being promoted during the tournament. In future tournamnts I'm sure there will be a better way to do things.

No can't do that. Originally I had posted that players would need to be replaced. I thought that unfair because it would penalize players for improving their rank. So now we have quite a mix of players and you are at the top and so it may cost you a point or two. And really how many times will you lose? And as player 1 you can still easily make two points per win. The only way to get no points would be for you to challenge a clever on a small map with over ten turns. Really? Would you challenge a clever or fluffy? If you did, that would be a silly win and really deserving of no points. No disrespect to the clevers and fluffy players but ST's are difficult to beat!
Also round 3 is a 2v2 which will not have the same point system.

You have a very good team so don't worry about it.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 02:51 PM

(02-22-2013 02:39 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 02:25 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  Just make it so the max league is master. That changes nothing else about tournament. A clever player still get an extra two bonus points for playing me. But it will allow me to play against a masters level player and get the normal amount of points for a win. I shouldnt be penalized for being promoted during the tournament. In future tournamnts I'm sure there will be a better way to do things.

No can't do that. Originally I had posted that players would need to be replaced. I thought that unfair because it would penalize players for improving their rank. So now we have quite a mix of players and you are at the top and so it may cost you a point or two. And really how many times will you lose? And as player 1 you can still easily make two points per win. The only way to get no points would be for you to challenge a clever on a small map with over ten turns. Really? Would you challenge a clever or fluffy? If you did, that would be a silly win and really deserving of no points. No disrespect to the clevers and fluffy players but ST's are difficult to beat!

It will cost my TEAM more than a point or 2 over the entirety of the tournament. For instance, I already lost 1 point for beating Memories on TG, which should have been a 3 point win. Now I only get 2. This will happen every time I win. Additionally if I lose it hurts my team a lot!. If I lost that same game, Memories would get 4 points!. Its a huge disadvantage for me to even participate in this tournament anymore! I enjoy the tournaments because they are fun, but this points system will ruin my ability to be competitive in this tournament. One slip up would be devastating for my team, and my wins will be rewarded with very few points.

(02-22-2013 02:24 PM)I am epic Wrote:  

Lol Connor you haven't been beaten yet who says you will be?

I have been beaten. I'm 3-1, lost to mag!cguy (Wicked21). He beats me all the time Dodgy

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - I am epic - 02-22-2013 03:09 PM

(02-22-2013 02:39 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  

Wish I could beat an ST Confused

*sigh*

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - harvarnold - 02-22-2013 10:13 PM

I say just count connor as a master, there are a lot of masters here near super titan anyway.