One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Outwitters Challenge Season - Sign Ups Open (/showthread.php?tid=1655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 12:10 PM

(02-22-2013 07:08 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Will you give me the league points as a gifted or the league i was in during the game?

I use the league you are in when I see the replay.
(02-22-2013 07:20 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 07:08 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Will you give me the league points as a gifted or the league i was in during the game?

You will get points for the league you were in when the game was finished.

Elle, here are our two 2v2 teams. So whoever has P1 against us, invite those teams.

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

I will have the matches posted tomorrow.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 12:44 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YoZ_3Agw

Here is my p1 round 2 game

Connor3491 vs memories

Winner connor3491

Elle, here are our two 2v2 teams. So whoever has P1 against us, invite those teams.

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

I don't think this should be the case. I just got promoted to ST. I was a master when the tourney started. I should be treated as a masters player for the rest of the tourney...if I beat other masters I should get the same amount of points as I would for beating someone in my league.

Also if teams place a lower league player against me, they should only get points up to masters. Ie a gifted beating me should only get 1 extra point, masters should get none.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 12:58 PM

(02-22-2013 12:44 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YoZ_3Agw

Connor3491 vs memories

Winner connor3491

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

I don't think this should be the case. I just got promoted to ST. I was a master when the tourney started. I should be treated as a masters player for the rest of the tourney...if I beat other masters I should get the same amount of points as I would for beating someone in my league.
Congrats on being promoted! Lots of players have been promoted so we have to keep it the same for all. Perhaps choose the larger maps to gain that extra point. The other rounds will also have other types of points available to you so the minus one shouldn't hurt.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 01:11 PM

(02-22-2013 12:58 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 12:44 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YoZ_3Agw

Connor3491 vs memories

Winner connor3491

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

Congrats on being promoted! Lots of players have been promoted so we have to keep it the same for all. Perhaps choose the larger maps to gain that extra point. The other rounds will also have other types of points available to you so the minus one shouldn't hurt.

....so I actually get -1 point? That makes no sense at all. Yes other people are being promoted but my argument is that master should be considered the max league and everyone above that should be considered equal.

If you keep the system like it is I might as well quit and have someone else replace me, because I'd be hurting my team by staying. I would be getting less points for each win AND giving away more points if I lose.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 01:16 PM

(02-22-2013 01:11 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 12:58 PM)Ellevega Wrote:  

Connor3491 vs memories

Winner connor3491

.Memories. and {~BiA~}
EkoFox and kRaZyXmAn

....so I actually get -1 point? That makes no sense at all. Yes other people are being promoted but my argument is that master should be considered the max league and everyone above that should be considered equal.

If you keep the system like it is I might as well quit and have someone else replace me, because I'd be hurting my team by staying. I would be getting less points for each win AND giving away more points if I lose.

It would hurt your team to quit. You are a very strong player and I don't think the minus one would hurt. So on a large map you earn 2 rather than 3 points. I would like to hear from the other players, particularly Masters. Should an ST be viewed as a Master? If a gifted wins against an ST should they only get one extra point?

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - .Memories. - 02-22-2013 01:26 PM

If a gifted wins against an ST then they should get +9001 points - what a feat!

Anyway, in all seriousness, making an ST equal to a Masters is like saying a Masters is the same as Gifted, etc, ultimately making everyone on the same level, which just isn't true. The leagues are there for a reason, and they mean something. I'd say the only options are discount any promotions during the tournament, or keep the same rules accross all leages (not singling out ST). I understand why Connor might be upset, but making a special rule is not going to make it more fair. Our Clever league member (kRaZyXmAn) was promoted, so we have to deal with the -1 point issue as well. Just make sure to utilize the other strategic components to their fullest extent.

Congratulations on getting promoted, Connor. That makes me feel a little better about our game. Smile

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 01:32 PM

Okay well then I can just drop from my team and replace myself with another top 200 player. Other teams have done it.

Right now, if i win on a large map to a masters I only get two points (for instance I only got 2 point against you memories even though I was promoted at the very end of our game). If I win against a masters on a small map I'd only get ONE point!

Teams could just have gifted player play me on small maps. I would get ZERO points for a win.

So if there is not a change there would be no point in me participating further...

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - .Memories. - 02-22-2013 01:35 PM

(02-22-2013 01:32 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  Teams could just have gifted player play me on small maps. I would get ZERO points for a win.

LOL - didn't even think of that. Yeah.. Something has to change. I don't think it should be a one league specific rule, but something.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - connor34911 - 02-22-2013 01:39 PM

(02-22-2013 01:35 PM).Memories. Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 01:32 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  Teams could just have gifted player play me on small maps. I would get ZERO points for a win.

LOL - didn't even think of that. Yeah.. Something has to change. I don't think it should be a one league specific rule, but something.

I honestly don't think my suggestion is unreasonable..its been shown that there is a huge gap between clever and masters, but the distinction between masters and ST is much smaller. I was an (unranked) masters level player when I entered the tourney, so I would just like to be given points as if I am a masters level player.

Also that rule has to be change in general. There should be no minus points. Because a clever could play a master on a small map and also get zero point if the master won.

RE: Outwitters Challenge Season 1 need replacement players - Ellevega - 02-22-2013 01:54 PM

So I will base points on player 1. If player 1 is a gifted and beats an ST they will get the extra points. However if player 1 loses there are no deducts to player 2. That's the best I can do. Otherwise it will be unfair for the majority.