One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know (/showthread.php?tid=1630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Coolio - 02-04-2013 06:14 AM

(02-04-2013 05:56 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I suggest we should standarize map abbreviations in 2/3 letters, Perhaps LN for Long Nine, MCH/MAC for Machination, and ACR for Acrospire?

I also have wanted to standardize replay posting format into three sections.
1. map
2. races
3. turns
in this format:

Thorn Gulley (F v S) 62T

It will make it easier to find what kind of replays you're looking for and I want turns included so someone knows what kind of replay they are in for.

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Harti - 02-04-2013 06:28 AM

I don't think that one single person should decide on what official syntax (or map abbreviations) everybody's supposed to use all by himself/herself. :O

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Coolio - 02-04-2013 06:29 AM

(02-04-2013 06:28 AM)Harti Wrote:  I don't think that one single person should decide on what official syntax (or map abbreviations) everybody's supposed to use all by himself/herself. :O

Well, a comitee should be formed then!

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - CombatEX - 02-04-2013 06:30 AM

This is great! One comment though, 'turtling' didn't come from Outwitters (pretty sure the bombshell is more of a crab than a turtle anyway). It's been used in games long before that though I don't know the origin.

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Coolio - 02-04-2013 06:35 AM

(02-04-2013 06:30 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  This is great! One comment though, 'turtling' didn't come from Outwitters (pretty sure the bombshell is more of a crab than a turtle anyway). It's been used in games long before that though I don't know the origin.

Oh, whoops! I always thought it was because the bombshell looked like a turtle. If you could find the origin, that would be pretty awesome.

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - TheQwertiest - 02-04-2013 06:39 AM

the bombshell is a hermit crab. (i think)
i think they associated being defensive with a turtle hence turtling.

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - .Memories. - 02-04-2013 06:44 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtling_(gameplay)

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Coolio - 02-05-2013 08:06 AM

Thanks memories. Big Grin I read a lot of that article haha. Pretty cool how a simple term like that evolves into a word we use so often here.

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - Norahsul - 02-05-2013 08:22 AM

this is awesome, and i am interested in knowing what "bump" means too Smile

RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know - phineas94 - 02-05-2013 09:30 PM

LOS and i've just seen AoE used in relation to a BS attack - don't know that one.

(02-05-2013 08:22 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  this is awesome, and i am interested in knowing what "bump" means too Smile

when you "bump" you put that particular thread back at the top of the thread list by the act of posting a new item but I don't think terms in common use over all forums should be included in this list, let's just keep it Outwitter's specific?