One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Access in China - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Access in China (/showthread.php?tid=1622)

Access in China - Man what is this - 02-02-2013 10:35 PM

I'm on holiday in China now and I can no longer connect to Outwitters. My game centre account logs in ok, and within outwitters it displays my ID, but it returns an error that it cannot fetch my profile.

I don't really play other iOS games, and have not checked with another multiplayer game to see if the same problem exists. Maybe this is a more general problem connected to the great wall, rather than a specific Outwitters issue, since I notice when using Google, things seem to have got worse not better.

Anyone else playing Outwitters in China? Recognise the problem?

I'm facing 2 weeks without the game and forfeiting all my current games!

RE: Access in China - Wildt4lon - 02-02-2013 11:43 PM

I haven't but I will be going to China soon
I think that it's because the Outwitters network doesn't work in China
Or something
Thanks for the info anyway, I'll make sure that I don't start any games shortly before

RE: Access in China - Eijolend - 02-03-2013 01:41 AM

Isn't their server hosted by google or something?

RE: Access in China - Necrocat219 - 02-03-2013 02:14 AM

Yeah they use appspot to host, which is googles.

RE: Access in China - poweewee - 02-03-2013 02:35 AM

A few months ago, i was in China as well; I do believe I was able to access Outwitters. It could depend on the internet service that you are using; some may have restrictions.

RE: Access in China - Man what is this - 02-03-2013 05:15 AM

Thanks Eijoland and Necrocat, it continues to be the case that it doesn't work.
Maybe, like Powweewee says it will work with another ISP. I'll let you know if it does, thanks for that.

RE: Access in China - Man what is this - 02-04-2013 04:14 AM

Back online!

Using VPN Express app, currently with 300Mb for free, works great. This might sound like an advert but honestly it's not.

Had been seriously craving an outwitters fix and not letting my current games time out, the only solace I could get was coming on this forum and reading strategy advice! Though it felt a bit like a sugar addict standing in front of the window of a chocolate shop with no money, maybe it was good thing since I learnt plenty and feel like I will continue to use it now Smile

RE: Access in China - Norahsul - 01-05-2014 04:43 AM

(02-04-2013 04:14 AM)Man what is this Wrote:  Back online!

Using VPN Express app, currently with 300Mb for free, works great. This might sound like an advert but honestly it's not.

Had been seriously craving an outwitters fix and not letting my current games time out, the only solace I could get was coming on this forum and reading strategy advice! Though it felt a bit like a sugar addict standing in front of the window of a chocolate shop with no money, maybe it was good thing since I learnt plenty and feel like I will continue to use it now Smile

I need help to get this vpn thing setup!! Only been in china for few hours but in dire need to play my turns Sad

RE: Access in China - onealexleft - 01-05-2014 05:05 PM

Ya, outwitters is hosted on google app engine. As a result, connectivity in china is very spotty if not impossible without a VPN.

RE: Access in China - Juslas - 01-05-2014 07:37 PM

I googled "iOS VPN" and got informative search results. Many VPN services seems to give 30 days free deals. This is definitely something to be set up before going to China, since most trips to China take longer than 4 days.