One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bug Report Thread - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bug Report Thread (/showthread.php?tid=160)

RE: Bug Report Thread - QuantumApocalypse - 11-06-2012 10:48 AM

(11-06-2012 10:07 AM)thayaplaya Wrote:  I wasn't in the middle of any of my turns. Every time I tried to access my turn the app would just crash. I tried a hundred times before finally as a last ditch effort, I deleted the app entirely and reinstalled.

Opening up one of the games to take your turn counts as starting it. The server can't discern whether you opened the game and then had it crash; it can only tell that you opened the game to commence your turn.

RE: Bug Report Thread - thayaplaya - 11-06-2012 11:04 AM

Ahh okay, so basically just SOL then?

RE: Bug Report Thread - harvarnold - 11-07-2012 07:30 AM

People keep saying to finish your turns first, but most of the people here are re-installing because they can't access their turns. How are you supposed to make sure it's not your turn if you can't play?

RE: Bug Report Thread - P4bloYoon - 11-07-2012 08:04 AM

Outwitters crashes when I load a game/map. It'll sometimes crash without showing the board or sometimes crash when I have moved a piece/player. Also, the graphic motions are lagging after I have moved one of my pieces and when I heal one of my players

RE: Bug Report Thread - QuantumApocalypse - 11-07-2012 03:23 PM

(11-07-2012 07:30 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  People keep saying to finish your turns first, but most of the people here are re-installing because they can't access their turns. How are you supposed to make sure it's not your turn if you can't play?

It's generally being advised to finish your turns, but it is implied that you should do so if you can. If you open up a game, and the game simply crashes, you obviously won't be able to finish your turn as you can't even load it up. However, it's common sense to re-install after seeing the app crash and have consistent laggy performance in places like the menu. There isn't much point opening up each of the 15 games you may be having before re-installing and then complaining that you can't access them.

The point of the few previous posts was to explain why the game may lock you out from games, and allowing people to minimise the impact of a crashing app on your active games.

RE: Bug Report Thread - P4bloYoon - 11-08-2012 11:14 AM

Ok I'm not sure if this is a bug but I have posted before that my games wouldn't open and so I deleted this app and then reinstalled it. It works fine now but I can't play the games that I tried opening up when it wouldn't work. It says that I have to use the device that I'm last played that match on but it is the same device. Please fix! I don't want to lose those matches and then be bumped down because I wasn't able to play them back!

RE: Bug Report Thread - lawtai - 11-09-2012 04:56 AM

Has anyone had an issue with a replay causing the app to crash? Apparently this replay of a game I had does that for me.

Replay

RE: Bug Report Thread - Gf!sh - 11-09-2012 05:33 AM

2 things:

Firstly, a forum bug which has probaly been bought up before; when someone claims a new page on a thread with his post, the forum sometimes bugs out, depicting a new post on the forum page, but not allowing you to see that post, redirecting to the OP. Strangely, you can view those posts when composing a reply yourself.

Secondly, @lawtai: that is a case of ye olde cheater: when i open it on OSN, which can handle cheats, it depicts the following:

Turn 2: luckymori
  • Begin of turn
  • Moved Heavy to (9,4)
  • Boosted Heavy
  • Moved Soldier to (8,5)
  • Spawned Soldier
  • Moved Soldier to (8,6)
  • End of turn
And a final wit count of -1...

RE: Bug Report Thread - blckace - 11-09-2012 02:03 PM

He's a cheater like Dzikko report him!!!

RE: Bug Report Thread - lawtai - 11-09-2012 09:14 PM

Oh wow haha. Surprised I was still able to win!