One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bug Report Thread - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bug Report Thread (/showthread.php?tid=160)

RE: Bug Report Thread - blckace - 10-27-2012 01:55 AM

(10-27-2012 01:54 AM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 01:37 AM)blckace Wrote:  I'm in a game on turn 61 everytime i send my turn it does so successfuly but then when i go back to the games list it shows up again, i tried sending it about 10 times but it keeps reappearing, does it get fixed up on its own?

Maybe it is server issues. From experience it resolves from hours to days...more common for me for games with 90 turns and up.

Thanks!

RE: Bug Report Thread - ishu76 - 10-27-2012 10:06 PM

My screen is going bonkers in one of my games. It looks like someone is pushing a ton of buttons. But now I can't play. Because the screen is moving so fast I can't resign or hit games. Maybe it was someone trying an exploit gone bad.

Update: The game is with Oxynidus. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. I can play other games now, but if I try to open that one it says game started on another device which is not true.

iPad quit out - Jonnyappleseed - 10-28-2012 02:40 AM

My iPad over the last 2 days has started force quitting the app in the middle of my moves. It doesn't save any moves and of course because I have started the turn I can't finish it on my more stable iPhone.

2. I would love it if u fixed the chat notifications for multiple devices. If I check a message in my iPad my iPhone will be stuck with a ghost notification for the rest of the game.

RE: Bug Report Thread - joelduque - 10-28-2012 02:45 AM

(10-27-2012 10:06 PM)ishu76 Wrote:  My screen is going bonkers in one of my games. It looks like someone is pushing a ton of buttons. But now I can't play. Because the screen is moving so fast I can't resign or hit games. Maybe it was someone trying an exploit gone bad.

Update: The game is with Oxynidus. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. I can play other games now, but if I try to open that one it says game started on another device which is not true.

From what I have read in this forum, this is reported to happen to unfinished games when the Outwitters app is reinstalled. Tip was to finish all games before doing the reinstallation.

RE: Bug Report Thread - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 05:13 AM

(10-23-2012 03:19 AM)Random Task Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 06:32 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 05:58 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I have a large turn count game problem. My opponent and I made it to turn 680 but so far both failed to finish each other off. Each time if it is my turn (same problem for the other player) it takes me several (10-30) tries with the game crashing until our map loads. When it finally loads making the moves is verry laggy. Then again when sending the turn it takes numerous attempts which all lead to the error message that sending failed and we should try again. Eventually after many many tries the turn is sent (despite the error message appearing)

... Also, i changed my name in game center. In newly opened games my new name appears but in the league table i am still running under my old name. Is there any way to make the game use the new name universally?

WOW! turn 680! if it were me i would have lost by making a stupid all out attack from being tired of the game. would love to see the replay if this gets done while im still alive.

I guess you would fall asleep before experiencing turn 680.... Nevertheless i launched my all or nohing assault today so we will have the result eventually...

Dont forget to post the replay Big Grin

(10-28-2012 02:40 AM)Jonnyappleseed Wrote:  My iPad over the last 2 days has started force quitting the app in the middle of my moves. It doesn't save any moves and of course because I have started the turn I can't finish it on my more stable iPhone.

2. I would love it if u fixed the chat notifications for multiple devices. If I check a message in my iPad my iPhone will be stuck with a ghost notification for the rest of the game.

If i doesnt save your moves id say this is a major bug.
It can be used to scout the map :o
(but if it doesnt crash... XD)

RE: Bug Report Thread - joelduque - 10-28-2012 04:39 PM

My iPad has been crahing for 2 days now while on Outwitters. Please fix this.

RE: Bug Report Thread - =) Random Task (= - 10-28-2012 11:40 PM

(10-28-2012 05:13 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-23-2012 03:19 AM)Random Task Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 06:32 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  [quote='Random Task' pid='9935' dateline='1350849498']
I have a large turn count game problem. My opponent and I made it to turn 680 but so far both failed to finish each other off. Each time if it is my turn (same problem for the other player) it takes me several (10-30) tries with the game crashing until our map loads. When it finally loads making the moves is verry laggy. Then again when sending the turn it takes numerous attempts which all lead to the error message that sending failed and we should try again. Eventually after many many tries the turn is sent (despite the error message appearing)

... Also, i changed my name in game center. In newly opened games my new name appears but in the league table i am still running under my old name. Is there any way to make the game use the new name universally?

WOW! turn 680! if it were me i would have lost by making a stupid all out attack from being tired of the game. would love to see the replay if this gets done while im still alive.

I guess you would fall asleep before experiencing turn 680.... Nevertheless i launched my all or nohing assault today so we will have the result eventually...

Dont forget to post the replay Big Grin

It is still ongoing. My assault was just a big waste of resources that burned 3 bombshells and 3-4 soldiers before I had to retreat again while i was only able to kill maybe 2 of his soldiers. Now i am back to building up soldiers and saving wits for another try. I guess I also need to improve my offense tactics...

RE: Bug Report Thread - Stars.and.home - 10-29-2012 12:59 AM

This app keeps crashing on my ipad2... And I'm having trouble sending moves this morning, it's taking 2-5 tries to submit my move.

RE: Bug Report Thread - ishu76 - 10-29-2012 10:45 PM

(10-28-2012 02:45 AM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 10:06 PM)ishu76 Wrote:  My screen is going bonkers in one of my games. It looks like someone is pushing a ton of buttons. But now I can't play. Because the screen is moving so fast I can't resign or hit games. Maybe it was someone trying an exploit gone bad.

From what I have read in this forum, this is reported to happen to unfinished games when the Outwitters app is reinstalled. Tip was to finish all games before doing the reinstallation.

The the uninstall wasn't the main problem. The game was refreshing random screens quickly. My iPad looked like it was possessed. But I couldn't get out of it or play other games. I had to do a reinstall to be able to play. I'm really pissed that I have to wait four days to free up a game AND take a loss for a bug.

RE: Bug Report Thread - harvarnold - 11-01-2012 05:38 AM

Starting last night, my screen started appearing as "No active games", and then the app would promptly crash. I re-opened the app, same thing. I tried logging out of gamecenter, nothing happened, and I don't want to reinstall because I've heard it won't let you take your turns if you do. Is there anything I can do about this? This is on an iPad 2 by the way.