One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Bug Report Thread - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bug Report Thread (/showthread.php?tid=160)

RE: Bug Report Thread - MrUseless - 07-14-2012 12:32 AM

Outwitters is opening games VERY slowly. I just timed it, and it took 1 min 20 sec to open my list of games, then took over 2 min to attempt to open a game before giving me an error that the game wasn't there.

RE: Bug Report Thread - Kamikaze28 - 07-14-2012 12:36 AM

(07-14-2012 12:32 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Outwitters is opening games VERY slowly. I just timed it, and it took 1 min 20 sec to open my list of games, then took over 2 min to attempt to open a game before giving me an error that the game wasn't there.

Without any details on the type of connection used, that information is pretty much useless. Did this happen with EDGE or 3G? How good was the signal? And so forth...

RE: Bug Report Thread - MrUseless - 07-14-2012 01:08 AM

(07-14-2012 12:36 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 12:32 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Outwitters is opening games VERY slowly. I just timed it, and it took 1 min 20 sec to open my list of games, then took over 2 min to attempt to open a game before giving me an error that the game wasn't there.

Without any details on the type of connection used, that information is pretty much useless. Did this happen with EDGE or 3G? How good was the signal? And so forth...

Yes, good point. They don't call me MrUseless for nothing. Cable modem, connected via Wifi. Excellent signal. No problems with other games, Game Center connection, etc. I assumed it was a server problem, but it may be related to the other problem I have posted about which is that more than half the time, after I finish a move, I show no games listed. I have to terminate the app and restart it to get my games to show.

RE: Bug Report Thread - Mowmail - 07-14-2012 08:20 AM

I think we are all having the same problem...
Maybe a server crash or something, but I bet OML is working on it as we speak...

RE: Bug Report Thread - Bettyispretty - 07-14-2012 08:28 AM

Love this game! However it has just crashed on opening seven times in a row. I'll give it one more go before l give up for the morning...

RE: Bug Report Thread - seanr - 07-14-2012 09:26 AM

So the game wasn't working earlier (would crash as soon as it got to the games list), and I didn't realize it was a problem everyone was having, so I removed and then reinstalled Outwitters.

Now that whatever server issues were happening have seemingly been resolved, when I try to take my turn it says: "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

It's the same device. Sad It was a turn I had taken and but it failed to send (and then the crashing started).

Help!

RE: Bug Report Thread - CodingGamer - 07-14-2012 09:51 AM

I also made the mistake of re-installing the app this evening and now have games that tell me "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

Is there a fix for this?

RE: Bug Report Thread - hubdrubbub - 07-14-2012 10:45 AM

I played my turn in a game as usual, and my opponent responded as usual. When I opened the game to play my turn, it showed a replay of his turn (as usual), then it was my turn. However, upon trying to move, I discovered I had already used up all my wits. I hadn't moved. Tried leaving and re-opening the game. Same thing. I'm in possession of two bonus spaces, but I can't move. This happened to anyone else?

RE: Bug Report Thread - wonderpug - 07-14-2012 12:18 PM

After you watch your replay, are your units in the same spots at the start of your turn as they are at the end of the replay? You may just not have submitted your turn, or had the game crash before the submission went through. I've had that happen a few times, and it appears as you describe. Just have to hit the Done button.

RE: Bug Report Thread - Samsonbeta - 07-15-2012 01:42 AM

Hey Ive had several of the bugs that have been previously mentioned : timing out, no games , and continual game center . iVe found 1 fix I'd to close the app itself. Double tap the home button on iPhone and then close the running app. Then relaunch , this works about 30% of the time to refresh everything