One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Thorn health Bug? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Thorn health Bug? (/showthread.php?tid=1577)

Pages: 1 2

Thorn health Bug? - vegaprom - 01-29-2013 11:34 AM

I have been watching the recent Bramble usage replay with the new mechanics of 3hp thorn. However, I notice a critical bug when I watch the replay in Outwitters (not OSN), the newly spawned thorn has 3hp as the update, but if I click "next turn/previous button" in the replay, all 3hp thorn on the screen are reduced to 2hp and there's a big problem also about thorn health when some units attack it, also causing the game to crash.

Could OML take a look at this, urgently, and please fix it soon? Thanks

RE: Thorn Replay Bug? - Phyresis - 01-29-2013 11:47 AM

Also, what happens if you watche replays from before the update? Will the replay have 3hp thorns, that dont die from a soldie, thus causing the replay to bug out when the soldier jumps on the should be dead thorn?

RE: Thorn Replay Bug? - vegaprom - 01-29-2013 12:16 PM

(01-29-2013 11:47 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  Also, what happens if you watche replays from before the update? Will the replay have 3hp thorns, that dont die from a soldie, thus causing the replay to bug out when the soldier jumps on the should be dead thorn?

I test your query with this replay from OSN.

Notice around turn 14-18
-The bramble spawned 3hp thorns, although in fact it is 2hp thorns.
-Turn 14 Ser Purple Wolf captured the wit space with the old 2hp thorn, but if you watch the replay continuously it shows it's a 3hp thorn.
-Turn 15 EkoFox destroyed the 2hp parent thorn, causing the children thorn at the wit space to disappear. But if you watch it continuously from turn 14 the parent thorn was reduced to 1 and the wit space thorn still remained.
-Turn 16 Ser Purple Wolf turned that wit space to his colour by a runner. But if you happen to watch the continuously that runner did not move and the wit space automatically turned red due to the remaining thorn.
-Turn 17 EkoFox a runner attacked a runner on the wit space. But if you watch the replay from at least turn 14 you'll see that that runner attacked the 3hp thorn to 2hp!!!
-Turn 18, the game crashed...

To summarize, regardless of the old version of 2hp thorns or the new one with 3hp thorns, the newly spawned thorns when watching replays are 3hp but the thorns on the screen when you hit "previous/next turn" button are 2hp. This causes problems when watching replays continuously and when the unit gets involved in the space with thorns a crash may occur due to duplication of unit on the space.

NEED IMMEDIATE FIX!!!

RE: Thorn health Bug? - Ser Purple Wolf - 01-29-2013 12:47 PM

Are you watching on OSN? I just viewed in the outwitters game and it was perfectly fine. To be clear this game was BEFORE the update.
I lied. I didn't actually watch turn by turn, I just skimmed through the turn until the end. My bad. It is messed up.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - vegaprom - 01-29-2013 01:23 PM

(01-29-2013 12:47 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Are you watching on OSN? I just viewed in the outwitters game and it was perfectly fine. To be clear this game was BEFORE the update.
I lied. I didn't actually watch turn by turn, I just skimmed through the turn until the end. My bad. It is messed up.

If you watch turn by turn you'd see you spawned 3hp thorn!!!. I just check the replay from both the replay after the update and the replay before the turn. Need fixing.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - EkoFox - 01-29-2013 02:12 PM

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I don't want to not be able to watch old veggie replays.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - Phyresis - 01-29-2013 02:49 PM

It works just fine if you use skip, and dont actually watch anything happen(lul) but yes, i hope this gets fixed soon. Although on the bright side, before the update, almost nobody played veggies, so there arent many replays.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - vegaprom - 01-29-2013 04:35 PM

(01-29-2013 02:49 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  It works just fine if you use skip, and dont actually watch anything happen(lul) but yes, i hope this gets fixed soon. Although on the bright side, before the update, almost nobody played veggies, so there arent many replays.

The new replay thorn, if you use skip, it's HP is still two (though it has been improved to three), if the thorn is done 2 damage, it would disappear but in fact it has 1 HP left.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - Norahsul - 01-29-2013 04:59 PM

I would love to watch the replay soon, I somehow prefer veggies but I am still learning how the other ones work too.

RE: Thorn health Bug? - vegaprom - 01-30-2013 09:58 PM

I wish Adam and Alex would have seen this thread and fix the bugs soon. T_T