One Man Left Studios Community Forums
All-Round All-Stars -- Finished! [WINNER: Mag!cGuy] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: All-Round All-Stars -- Finished! [WINNER: Mag!cGuy] (/showthread.php?tid=1494)

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Mag!cGuy - 10-12-2013 06:18 AM

That is only my opinion, but long nine is, after thorn gulley, the worst map as for soldier/special turtling. Even when you are AvA, the match can be boring. ^^'

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Torbreck - 10-20-2013 01:07 PM

Game 1 of the new finals set
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgNnevwsM
GG Mag!c

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Mag!cGuy - 10-25-2013 09:13 PM

1-1 Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgNmekAgM

Gg torbreck, it was an awesome one!

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Pharmafan - 10-25-2013 09:42 PM

What a crazy game! Awesome! Super-Titan

Really curious who will take it home here!

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-26-2013 02:27 AM

That was a well played match! GG

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Torbreck - 10-26-2013 09:48 AM

I blew it.... turn 12 I agonised over - if I had only placed the scrambler 2 hexes higher then it would have been all over - but I had myself convinced he had spawned a sniper rather than the soldier. (Because Mag!c is normally known for his bold moves rather than safe defensive ones).

i also misplaced the heavy on turn 14 to allow him to get splash damage - it was meant to be one hex to the right.

Moral of the story - don't make you moves at 1am in a Japanese Karoke bar just because they have free wifi Smile

Mag!c played that out very well...

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Mag!cGuy - 10-27-2013 08:31 PM

I did not realize why you said you were making many mistakes because of the fow, but after rewatching the game I indeed understand my victory is not only due to my defense!

I know I'm considered as a very bold player, and deservedly, but I sometimes proved wrong to make very risky moves, so I now play in a more safe way, to ensure I won't lose because I have been to greedy. Smile

I lost my second game, I did the same mistake as the game where I was veggie, I suicided my army at the midfle at the beginning, giving torbreck a too huge advantage to really be countered!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKnOigsM

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Torbreck - 10-27-2013 08:36 PM

Game 3 - which means it's 2-1 and this mega tornament that Gf!sh conceived many months ago comes down to this final game - it's F v V ....
GG Mag!c and good luck

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKnOigsM

And just as quickly it's all over......

Let me be the first to congratulate Mag!c on a sensational tournament in particular a formidable display in a tight 4 match Final series on Glitch.... in the end that come-back on game 2 was the difference ... well done mate, I'll let you take the honours of posting the winning game.

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- THE FINALE -- Mag!cGuy v ===Torbreck=== - Mag!cGuy - 10-27-2013 09:04 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKnOigkM

Good game torbreck, an awesome series we did here!

RE: All-Round All-Stars -- Finished! [WINNER: Mag!cGuy] - Pharmafan - 10-27-2013 09:39 PM

Congrats to both of you! Very good tourney with an awesome final!