One Man Left Studios Community Forums
All-Round All-Stars -- Finished! [WINNER: Mag!cGuy] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: All-Round All-Stars -- Finished! [WINNER: Mag!cGuy] (/showthread.php?tid=1494)

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Signups taken NOW. - Gf!sh - 04-02-2013 08:30 PM

As i guess we won't recieve many more participants, signups are now closed, and I'll collect the final bits and pieces on this thread. I'll post final seedings and matchups in the next few days, and afterwards, we can get started!

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-02-2013 10:47 PM

Im not ranked 13

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - Gf!sh - 04-02-2013 11:17 PM

Well, you're kinda late with that. To be exact, 37 minutes and 29 seconds late. I just made the groupings.

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - I am epic - 04-03-2013 01:17 AM

So we can start the games?

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - Gf!sh - 04-03-2013 01:23 AM

We're almost ready, I'm gonna use OTM to collect all replays, and I wanna have that set up before the begin.

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - I am epic - 04-03-2013 01:37 AM

(04-03-2013 01:23 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  We're almost ready, I'm gonna use OTM to collect all replays, and I wanna have that set up before the begin.

Cool. I have a feeling this is gonna be a great tourney!

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - Mag!cGuy - 04-03-2013 03:44 AM

This looks like the World Cup, many games at once, I love that!

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - poweewee - 04-03-2013 08:21 PM

Quite a huge undertaking, and it is well appreciated Gfish.

A small concern: You mentioned that the third placers in phase 1 will face off in best of three matches. WIll these matches be part of the 5 week limit you set for Phase 1? If not, this might "stall" the tourney somehow, because everyone will be waiting for the third placers to finish those matches.

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - Gf!sh - 04-03-2013 08:49 PM

@poweewee well, yeah, it was supposed to be 4 weeks initally, with an add-on week for play-offs.

Now that i'm thinking about it, I'm leaning more towards just two games, where turn count will be decisive in case of a 1-1. I know how horrible that was in the first World Cup, because games were more like rush-each-other-to-death kind of games, but, I mean, Play-offs are supposed to be quick, so, I guess it can work. Any feedback, guys?

Meanwhile, poweewee, can you go here, enter your name, and if possible, your group members' names too? See of that works, I don't seem to be able to add names myself.

RE: All-Round All-Stars! -- Prepping 1st Phase. - poweewee - 04-03-2013 11:27 PM

I'm thinking that the extra one week may not be enough to decide the extra matches, even if it were just two matches. Although, hopefully with a strict time limit, you can force the players to play faster Smile Anyway, I like the two game matchup over the three game matchup.

I tried inputting my name in the site you mentioned; was something supposed to happen? I just got the same screen