One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - incidesi - 12-25-2012 07:48 AM

My first post didn't show up so if it ends up popping up I'll just delete it. Anyway, here is the link to my closest game ever (and my first replay post.) I've won 360 league matches now but no other game was this much of a nail-biter...definitely think it's worth a look.

In retrospect, I think there are several places where he and I made mistakes--without a doubt he had an opportunity to win and I just barely scraped a victory by on turn 50. In any case, I think there's some interesting gameplay on both sides: he was heavily defensive and I was, perhaps, a little naive in my attacks.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you would have done differently from either perspective because this could certainly have resulted in defeat without a little luck! I'm excited to hear what you think Big Grin

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - worldfamous - 12-25-2012 04:58 PM

(12-25-2012 07:48 AM)incidesi Wrote:  My first post didn't show up so if it ends up popping up I'll just delete it. Anyway, here is the link to my closest game ever (and my first replay post.) I've won 360 league matches now but no other game was this much of a nail-biter...definitely think it's worth a look.

In retrospect, I think there are several places where he and I made mistakes--without a doubt he had an opportunity to win and I just barely scraped a victory by on turn 50. In any case, I think there's some interesting gameplay on both sides: he was heavily defensive and I was, perhaps, a little naive in my attacks.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you would have done differently from either perspective because this could certainly have resulted in defeat without a little luck! I'm excited to hear what you think Big Grin

I just don't understand why he left that army of soldiers just sitting there on the right. If he would have mobilized them, you would have a difficult time defending. You may have made some mistakes here and there but the overall flow of your attack seemed ok to me.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheLurkerV - 12-26-2012 10:12 PM

ameteur replay

Just testing the OSN script .. Don't watch it though, it is an amateur game. I am just a beginner.

Edit: Apparently the OSN script doesn't work for me.. have to manually convert the url myself ><.

Got lucky at the end as my opponent didn't watch the top.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Gf!sh - 12-26-2012 10:30 PM

Epic Mobi v Mobi on Peekaboo

We were both preparing a Mobi assault, but i attacked first. And completely obliverated him Rolleyes

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheLurkerV - 12-27-2012 11:38 AM

Defeated Brambles in Reaper

Guess I was lucky he played it a little wrongly or ?

I took a risk by spawning a bombshell rather early in the game and it kinda paid off.

On a sidenote, does a barrier spawning a barrier require wit ? :O

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Gf!sh - 12-27-2012 06:53 PM

Yup Lolwut can you read this?

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - QuantumApocalypse - 12-27-2012 07:09 PM

(12-27-2012 11:38 AM)TheLurkerV Wrote:  Defeated Brambles in Reaper

Guess I was lucky he played it a little wrongly or ?

I took a risk by spawning a bombshell rather early in the game and it kinda paid off.

On a sidenote, does a barrier spawning a barrier require wit ? :O

Yes, every subsequent (well, any) thorn barrier spawned costs 1 wit. You can see how many wits were wasted in simply filling up space, when watching over the replay. He did play wrongly a bit, but otherwise you had pretty good gameplay. Just in the replay, think about how the game might have differed if all those wits invested into barriers (which disappeared when the bramble uprooted) had been instead put into developing units and building a defence/attack.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheLurkerV - 12-27-2012 07:22 PM

(12-27-2012 07:09 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  Yes, every subsequent (well, any) thorn barrier spawned costs 1 wit. You can see how many wits were wasted in simply filling up space, when watching over the replay. He did play wrongly a bit, but otherwise you had pretty good gameplay. Just in the replay, think about how the game might have differed if all those wits invested into barriers (which disappeared when the bramble uprooted) had been instead put into developing units and building a defence/attack.

Oh thanks for the clarification. No wonder he seems not to spawn new units..

Yes, it would definitely be very much different. Brambles looks like the hardest to play well. The whale special unit in Adorables is kinda overpowered imho lol.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Ser Purple Wolf - 12-28-2012 10:04 AM

Veggie vs Veggie action

My dad almost won. Almost. >Smile

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - harvarnold - 12-28-2012 11:40 AM

Peekaboo AvS

This is an interesting game versus Ser Purple Wolf where I make a stupid early rush that is easily stopped by an early shell. I'm forced to turtle to stay alive, and eventually a failed rush from him puts us on level field. 2 mobis are able to easily pick off his shells, and I slowly push his right side and gain the advantage. I miscount my wits on turn 79 and can't kill his shell, but he still is unable to stop my push and I take the game.