One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 12-10-2012 12:54 PM

(12-10-2012 04:39 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 04:29 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 04:21 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Awesome 15 turn scrambler play by me. I think I played really good. I'm trying to mimic blckace, my favorite feedback player.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YopWHAgw
Feel free to criticize my moves or ask why I did certain stuff if your new to feedback

i think your moves were way too risky. in my case i almost always have a runner in between your enemys sniper and heavy. your two boosted runners and your scrambler could have been wiped out in that turn leading you to big disadvantage
I don't know if you've seen other replays of mine but my moves always have a large cost and large benenfit Tongue
They were risky moves but I did them because my opponent had no runners in range and he a playing scallywags. Scallywag players like to turtle and build an army. I hadn't lost to scallywags in a while due to just scouting and scrambling.

I was a little more risky than usual though Wink

hehe. im trying out your style in a game right now. i hope it doesnt fail me

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - worldfamous - 12-10-2012 01:09 PM

(12-10-2012 07:08 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  7th win in a row! I have a couple wins sitting in my queue too!Big Grin#top200bound

P.S I asked my opponent about the 1st bombshell and he said it was bait?

Ah yes, the old bombshell bait tactic. Surprised he couldn't pull it off. I never lose with that move. Tongue

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Szei - 12-10-2012 01:15 PM

(12-10-2012 01:09 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 07:08 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  7th win in a row! I have a couple wins sitting in my queue too!Big Grin#top200bound

P.S I asked my opponent about the 1st bombshell and he said it was bait?

Ah yes, the old bombshell bait tactic. Surprised he couldn't pull it off. I never lose with that move. Tongue

We must be watching different replays. The bait was clearly a success. He took out GoHeat's runner the next turn!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - worldfamous - 12-10-2012 02:06 PM

Here's my first league game on, I think Reaper. The new 1 spawn map. I won, but I've been playing only 2v2 and just started 1v1 again, so I'd like to hear any criticisms anyone may have. I felt like maybe I took too long in setup and if my opponent moved on me, he could've jammed me up. Here it is.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 12-10-2012 03:17 PM

reaper
scrambler on reaper.

i tried out your dangerous scramber in range of the enemy (well mine was more on the safe side)
your right. although the cost is huge the benefit if it succeeds is proportional

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - laYahooz - 12-10-2012 03:27 PM

(12-10-2012 02:06 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Here's my first league game on, I think Reaper. The new 1 spawn map. I won, but I've been playing only 2v2 and just started 1v1 again, so I'd like to hear any criticisms anyone may have. I felt like maybe I took too long in setup and if my opponent moved on me, he could've jammed me up. Here it is.

Very good game. Not necessarily going to criticize any of your play, as I'm not any better with scallywags, but give you some considerations when playing on reaper.
One thing with scallywags vs scallywags: the matches can be long! So I would reccomend spawning a medic on reaper on the first turn to initiate the long battle (that tip is from STs and masters). I also think that you spent a little bit too many wits reorganizing your troops. Also, you really should of placed 1 runner on the left side of the map. You could have probably initiated pressure by moving that left BS 2 spaces but you couldn't see the opportunity without a runner (I think around turn 40-50).
Other than that, I thought you were very patient on your attack and slowly destroyed your opponent. You did really good!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - worldfamous - 12-10-2012 04:53 PM

(12-10-2012 03:27 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 02:06 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Here's my first league game on, I think Reaper. The new 1 spawn map. I won, but I've been playing only 2v2 and just started 1v1 again, so I'd like to hear any criticisms anyone may have. I felt like maybe I took too long in setup and if my opponent moved on me, he could've jammed me up. Here it is.

Very good game. Not necessarily going to criticize any of your play, as I'm not any better with scallywags, but give you some considerations when playing on reaper.
One thing with scallywags vs scallywags: the matches can be long! So I would reccomend spawning a medic on reaper on the first turn to initiate the long battle (that tip is from STs and masters). I also think that you spent a little bit too many wits reorganizing your troops. Also, you really should of placed 1 runner on the left side of the map. You could have probably initiated pressure by moving that left BS 2 spaces but you couldn't see the opportunity without a runner (I think around turn 40-50).
Other than that, I thought you were very patient on your attack and slowly destroyed your opponent. You did really good!
Thanks for the analysis. Yeah, I didn't realize I didn't have a medic until I needed one and went, oh sh-t I better spawn a medic. I definitely could have used better vision on the left side. I was basically using the bombshell radar to detect if there were any units encroaching but that doesn't really provide much info. Such an interesting map. It doesn't look big but it sure plays big.

(12-10-2012 03:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  reaper
scrambler on reaper

Very nice. It's funny how the scrambler became like a bombshell as soon as it was exposed. It basically stopped the attack on the left dead in it's tracks..

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 12-10-2012 05:25 PM

(12-10-2012 04:53 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 03:27 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  

Thanks for the analysis. Yeah, I didn't realize I didn't have a medic until I needed one and went, oh sh-t I better spawn a medic. I definitely could have used better vision on the left side. I was basically using the bombshell radar to detect if there were any units encroaching but that doesn't really provide much info. Such an interesting map. It doesn't look big but it sure plays big.

(12-10-2012 03:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  reaper
scrambler on reaper

Very nice. It's funny how the scrambler became like a bombshell as soon as it was exposed. It basically stopped the attack on the left dead in it's tracks..

thanks! haha. he knew what would happen if he did a half-assed push with the units he had. and when he did decide to attack, i knew he was desperate cause he was getting cornered and heavies wouldnt make it in time to defend

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Ryzuma - 12-11-2012 12:50 AM

Here's one of me using mobis. Just started using them so comments are welcome

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - SC-FTW - 12-11-2012 12:58 AM

Stalemate.

What happens when two people turtle with the Bramble. In the end we called it a draw and gave up haha.