One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - laYahooz - 12-10-2012 04:39 AM

(12-10-2012 04:29 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 04:21 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Awesome 15 turn scrambler play by me. I think I played really good. I'm trying to mimic blckace, my favorite feedback player.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YopWHAgw
Feel free to criticize my moves or ask why I did certain stuff if your new to feedback

i think your moves were way too risky. in my case i almost always have a runner in between your enemys sniper and heavy. your two boosted runners and your scrambler could have been wiped out in that turn leading you to big disadvantage
I don't know if you've seen other replays of mine but my moves always have a large cost and large benenfit Tongue
They were risky moves but I did them because my opponent had no runners in range and he a playing scallywags. Scallywag players like to turtle and build an army. I hadn't lost to scallywags in a while due to just scouting and scrambling.

I was a little more risky than usual though Wink

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 12-10-2012 04:44 AM

(12-10-2012 04:39 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 04:29 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 04:21 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Awesome 15 turn scrambler play by me. I think I played really good. I'm trying to mimic blckace, my favorite feedback player.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YopWHAgw
Feel free to criticize my moves or ask why I did certain stuff if your new to feedback

i think your moves were way too risky. in my case i almost always have a runner in between your enemys sniper and heavy. your two boosted runners and your scrambler could have been wiped out in that turn leading you to big disadvantage
I don't know if you've seen other replays of mine but my moves always have a large cost and large benenfit Tongue
They were risky moves but I did them because my opponent had no runners in range and he a playing scallywags. Scallywag players like to turtle and build an army. I hadn't lost to scallywags in a while due to just scouting and scrambling.

I was a little more risky than usual though Wink

risky or safe. a win is a win so i will no longer argue with your method. haha
where can i find the replay of blckace's game that you copied?

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Necrocat219 - 12-10-2012 04:51 AM

Me vs Javier on Peekaboo, Feedback vs Scallywags. I found this to be a very intense game that was an uphill battle the whole time. In the end my management of my base HP and the golden mistake of his third bombshell did him in, but could I have some advice on better tackling them on peekaboo? This is also what knocked me in in the world championships outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qiIAgw

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - laYahooz - 12-10-2012 04:58 AM

(12-10-2012 04:44 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  risky or safe. a win is a win so i will no longer argue with your method. haha
where can i find the replay of blckace's game that you copied?

Pretty much all his short games. He has some great scrambler repays on the veggienaut replay thread. I've realized he leaves his scrambler “naked" a lot because it makes the position less predictable. It seems that he almost predicts his opponents next move, which I'm trying to learn.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - GoHeat 3 - 12-10-2012 04:59 AM

(12-10-2012 04:51 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Me vs Javier on Peekaboo, Feedback vs Scallywags. I found this to be a very intense game that was an uphill battle the whole time. In the end my management of my base HP and the golden mistake of his third bombshell did him in, but could I have some advice on better tackling them on peekaboo? This is also what knocked me in in the world championships outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qiIAgw

One of the coolest games I have ever seen! Turn 43=Amazing!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Necrocat219 - 12-10-2012 05:22 AM

@GoHeat3 Thank you! Smile That turn was just so satisfying! I had all the pieces in just the right places. My opponent didn't expect me to have that many wits saved up.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - blckace - 12-10-2012 06:06 AM

@Iayahooz check this out

Replay

It's from before the patch, still pretty cool, couldn't share before because of worldcup

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - GoHeat 3 - 12-10-2012 07:08 AM

7th win in a row! I have a couple wins sitting in my queue too!Big Grin#top200bound

P.S I asked my opponent about the 1st bombshell and he said it was bait?

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - laYahooz - 12-10-2012 07:12 AM

(12-10-2012 06:06 AM)blckace Wrote:  @Iayahooz check this out

Replay

It's from before the patch, still pretty cool, couldn't share before because of worldcup
That was very well played! You had your scrambler in just the right position!
This game you did a lot of scouting, which is quite essential to a quick feedback win against scallywags. Do you still handle scouting the same since the update since runners are "free wits"?
I'm using them a lot less runners and feel that, besides that crazy win i posted, I've been more defensive with my scrambler, kind of like this tournament game: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YtrOJAgw

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - blckace - 12-10-2012 07:40 AM

Even after the update my play style hasn't changed a lot, it depends a lot on who you are facing, for example garcia10000 always beats me in his p1 games, even if I apply pressure early on, he uses soldiers for scouting which overwhelms me, so with players like that being p1, scrambler defensive use is the best option, you'll be playing considerably longer games with uncertain outcome and hoping for mistakes, but if early on you get a sense that your opponent isn't just that good go for the scouts. As I've said before any free-wits exchange as you call it by using runners can be easily regained if you are planning accordingly. One point though, hitting the base like in the game I provided doesn't seem to work very well anymore, it's like you giving your opponent a 4 wit advantage if you bring his base to one but don't kill it, so you have to be very careful when executing, one thing I do before I try such a crazy attack is make sure I have a backup army at my base in case my offensive scrambler force gets destroyed I'm in no immediate danger because any bombshell will take a while to reach your base specially in large maps