One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 12:50 PM

(10-28-2012 07:44 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 03:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  replay

one of my "i have no idea what im doing" replays
i find this map very awkward. i dont know what to do, how to start, where to charge, how many is enough...
i won here but barely. i could use tips on this map.

Didn't seem awkward at all. You have the basic idea of the map down: defend your wit side and attack on the opponents side. But you can do both more efficient. Instead of moving the sniper so many times and building a wall in front to protect it you can create a medic and boost it for the same wit cost.

Attack worked this time but against a better defense you need a larger force before moving in. Very good that you kept up the pressure when you got the base down to 1 and forced him to try to block your path for the rest of game!

this is exactly my problem. If i make a larger force, the enemy in turn can make better defense and also if i try to push with a larger force i would need more wits to attack efficiently. Which brings me to the questions how many units would be enough, how much wits should i save up, when would be the correct time to attack, should i pump more defense cause the enemy may attack first, and will my larger force be enough for their better defense.

Thanks for the tip and the feedback
(10-28-2012 12:44 PM)Stars.and.home Wrote:  New here

I'm a new user... Any tips to help me out would be appreciated. Thx

Im not sure if there is a problem with the link or my net here is slow.
Could you try copying the link again?

Im not a very skilled player but i will try to give tips based on what i know
once i get back home

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Stars.and.home - 10-28-2012 01:15 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1JriAQw. Maybe I didn't do the link right here is a copy and paste... Thanks

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 01:23 PM

(10-28-2012 01:15 PM)Stars.and.home Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1JriAQw. Maybe I didn't do the link right here is a copy and paste... Thanks

Here. Big Grin

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - worldfamous - 10-28-2012 02:14 PM

(10-28-2012 01:15 PM)Stars.and.home Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1JriAQw. Maybe I didn't do the link right here is a copy and paste... Thanks
I can see that you're extremely new, so rather than give a list of tips particularly for that game I'd suggest you check here. It's a thread with tips for newcomers. There's a lot of great info there.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Alvendor - 10-28-2012 07:39 PM

(10-28-2012 12:50 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
Attack worked this time but against a better defense you need a larger force before moving in.

this is exactly my problem. If i make a larger force, the enemy in turn can make better defense and also if i try to push with a larger force i would need more wits to attack efficiently. Which brings me to the questions how many units would be enough, how much wits should i save up, when would be the correct time to attack, should i pump more defense cause the enemy may attack first, and will my larger force be enough for their better defense.
If there was an exact formula this game would be easy =)

But you don't necessarily need to think about it as "how much do I need to kill him" rather "how much do I need to make sure he looses more than me on the next attack". For instance, on turn 12 if you hadn't moved the medic but just killed sniper the attack would have ended for now but you would have come out ahead (his sniper cost 6 wits to replace or 7 if you count that he would have to move his medic as well). Then you would be in a good position for your next attack.

This map is stacked against the defender in the sense that the attacker can create a runner on the mid spawn that can reach the defenders wit tile in two moves. The defender needs to move a runner three times from the further spawn point to reach the wit tile. You can abuse this quite badly if you keep up the pressure on his wit tile.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 08:41 PM

(10-28-2012 07:39 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  
Attack worked this time but against a better defense you need a larger force before moving in.

But you don't necessarily need to think about it as "how much do I need to kill him" rather "how much do I need to make sure he looses more than me on the next attack". For instance, on turn 12 if you hadn't moved the medic but just killed sniper the attack would have ended for now but you would have come out ahead (his sniper cost 6 wits to replace or 7 if you count that he would have to move his medic as well). Then you would be in a good position for your next attack.

This map is stacked against the defender in the sense that the attacker can create a runner on the mid spawn that can reach the defenders wit tile in two moves. The defender needs to move a runner three times from the further spawn point to reach the wit tile. You can abuse this quite badly if you keep up the pressure on his wit tile.

haha. sorry, i got carried away. i wanted take advantage of the situation and threw every question i was itching to ask. its just that ive been wanting to create a thread about this for a while now. a thread where i interview top players on their views and guidelines for their games. youre right, if there was an exact formula this game would be easy.
and again, thanks for the feedback and it was really interesting to know how you see the game. Big Grin

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Gf!sh - 10-28-2012 09:03 PM

(10-28-2012 08:41 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-28-2012 07:39 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  

haha. sorry, i got carried away. i wanted take advantage of the situation and threw every question i was itching to ask. its just that ive been wanting to create a thread about this for a while now. a thread where i interview top players on their views and guidelines for their games. youre right, if there was an exact formula this game would be easy.
and again, thanks for the feedback and it was really interesting to know how you see the game. Big Grin

If there was an exact formula, this game would be boring!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 09:35 PM

(10-28-2012 09:03 PM)Gfich Wrote:  If there was an exact formula, this game would be boring!

but if you think about it more having an exact formula would result in people making perfect moves thus leading to very close fights Big Grin

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - joelduque - 10-28-2012 09:43 PM

(10-28-2012 09:35 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-28-2012 09:03 PM)Gfich Wrote:  If there was an exact formula, this game would be boring!

but if you think about it more having an exact formula would result in people making perfect moves thus leading to very close fights Big Grin

If you play as p2 in top level play, you need this to even have a chance at winning a match in the current FTA setup.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 09:45 PM

(10-28-2012 09:43 PM)joelduque Wrote:  
(10-28-2012 09:35 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

If you play as p2 in top level play, you need this to even have a chance at winning a match in the current FTA setup.

thus not boring Smile