One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Gf!sh - 10-25-2012 10:47 PM

Here's quite a long match on Foundry (75 turns!).

As P1, i found myself defending quite fast, and it went on until turn 50, after which we kinda changed roles and got to build up epic armys. Around turn 60, i decided on a Mobi, leading to a epic battle on turn 70, taking the win with a Mobi/Sniper duet.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - aaronINdayton - 10-25-2012 11:59 PM

(10-25-2012 06:10 PM)Hunter Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmfrhAQw
Any tips

It looks like you attacked from 3 directions simultaneously with 4 units for your initial push. You should probably stick to attacking 1 direction at a time. Also try not to leave your units next to enemy heavies, don't scout so deep with your runner, and don't hit their base just for the sake of hitting their base. If you're going to hit it, make sure you've got a plan like "If I hit them for 1 now, i'll be able to do 4 more in the next 3 turns and win because of x, y, and z!" otherwise you're probably just throwing units away.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-27-2012 03:17 PM

replay

one of my "i have no idea what im doing" replays
i find this map very awkward. i dont know what to do, how to start, where to charge, how many is enough...
i won here but barely. i could use tips on this map.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - G_Spell - 10-28-2012 12:00 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnNjiAQw

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - joelduque - 10-28-2012 12:29 AM

(10-28-2012 12:00 AM)G_Spell Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnNjiAQw

Your opponent should have won in turn 9. Move sniper and hit your base...Nice comeback! Big Grin

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Promicide - 10-28-2012 01:19 AM

One of my better comebacks....

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Gf!sh - 10-28-2012 05:35 AM

(10-27-2012 03:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  replay

i find this map very awkward. i dont know what to do, how to start, where to charge, how many is enough...

Of course i'm not the expert, but i noticed that you left your center with a lone Heavy. Sweetie Plains has a kinda weird structure, with those walls; one does not simply move a pack of soldiers from the flanks to the center, and vice verca. If your opponent was planning to charge on the center on turn 11 (what usually happens in my league) you were in for a serious problem!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - TheQwertiest - 10-28-2012 05:42 AM

(10-28-2012 05:35 AM)Gfich Wrote:  

Of course i'm not the expert, but i noticed that you left your center with a lone Heavy. Sweetie Plains has a kinda weird structure, with those walls; one does not simply move a pack of soldiers from the flanks to the center, and vice verca. If your opponent was planning to charge on the center on turn 11 (what usually happens in my league) you were in for a serious problem!

If i build up units in my middle the enemy would have enough time to put up decent defense.. It would be harder to attack them (ill need more units which leads to needing more wits)
so turtling is the answer? Sad

Edit: btw, thanks for the feedback

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Alvendor - 10-28-2012 07:44 AM

Didn't seem awkward at all. You have the basic idea of the map down: defend your wit side and attack on the opponents side. But you can do both more efficient. Instead of moving the sniper so many times and building a wall in front to protect it you can create a medic and boost it for the same wit cost.

Attack worked this time but against a better defense you need a larger force before moving in. Very good that you kept up the pressure when you got the base down to 1 and forced him to try to block your path for the rest of game!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Stars.and.home - 10-28-2012 12:44 PM

New here

I'm a new user... Any tips to help me out would be appreciated. Thx