One Man Left Studios Community Forums
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D (/showthread.php?tid=147)

:) - ilee97 - 07-13-2012 07:28 AM

Try to come out as an offense first, then there will be a high chance of your opponent giving you an opening to attack their building. You don't need to have too much defense, but not too less either Smile

I'm just an amatuere, but heres a link of me winning Tongue

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yk9A8DA

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Syvan - 07-13-2012 08:29 AM

@Alvendor

I can't watch your replay right now, but I have been using a slightly different opening on Long9. I take the lower space with the soldier, the upper space with the runner, move the medic to the upper spawn, spawn and boost a runner. (If you move the soldier first, you should see if there are any shenanigans afoot, otherwise, you're reasonably safe for a moment)

Next turn, this is a bit reactionary on even turns, but the goal on your second turn is to fortify the bottom while controlling the top. Best case scenario: I move the runner on the upper spawn two tiles to the left (this gives you a glimpse if he is going to sniper push, and then move the upper runner exactly 5 tiles away from the enemy upper wit tile. Spawn a sniper and move it up next to the base. For your last move, depending on your scouting, either draw your soldier back 1 tile or spawn another runner.

I've found this opening to be pretty robust against a variety of openings. Give it a shot if you like, it has worked pretty well for me.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Alphapuddin - 07-13-2012 10:49 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0aQ-DA

Sorry I dunno how to make it clickable Sad

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Syvan - 07-13-2012 11:02 AM

I thought I would share this Titan game that ends frantically and literally comes down to the final turn.
There weren't too many mistakes other than my inability to accurately predict vision distances across the gaps on Glitch. I think it's a nice watch and I love to talk strategy, so please point out anything you think is odd.

Glitch Match

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - pookywb - 07-13-2012 04:17 PM

Syvan, I'm really intrigued by your use of runners: Keep em waiting around the map until you can take out a unit (like that medic).

I'm a bit puzzled by Turn 24. You could see his soldier on the wit space, right? Moving your sniper was (as you found out) the wrong thing to do.

On turn 28, at first I was skeptical as to why you blocked the spawn, knowing your runner would be killed next turn anyway. But on closer examination, that was a good move. It cost him 2 extra wits and saved your soldier to take the wit space.

Great job blocking his path in turn 36.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Mowmail - 07-13-2012 04:24 PM

My long match which ended with me being mentally retarded
Here
Close game with wall of heavys
Here
(got links to work...)

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - ilee97 - 07-13-2012 04:26 PM

Hey, Syvan.
I really enjoyed your game of yours Smile no wonder your the 1st of the titans!
Your strategy was great and all that there wasn't really a thing i could have pointed out Smile there are many people who just impatiently try to destroy the buildings and buildings only. You in the other hand, was very patient in this game. I especially liked it when you calculated that the soldier won't finish the game, and didn't killed it right away.
Thanx for showing me the video Smile

If you want to be friends with me, ilee97
Wink

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Alvendor - 07-13-2012 04:37 PM

(07-13-2012 08:29 AM)Syvan Wrote:  @Alvendor

I can't watch your replay right now, but I have been using a slightly different opening on Long9. I take the lower space with the soldier, the upper space with the runner, move the medic to the upper spawn, spawn and boost a runner. (If you move the soldier first, you should see if there are any shenanigans afoot, otherwise, you're reasonably safe for a moment)

Next turn, this is a bit reactionary on even turns, but the goal on your second turn is to fortify the bottom while controlling the top. Best case scenario: I move the runner on the upper spawn two tiles to the left (this gives you a glimpse if he is going to sniper push, and then move the upper runner exactly 5 tiles away from the enemy upper wit tile. Spawn a sniper and move it up next to the base. For your last move, depending on your scouting, either draw your soldier back 1 tile or spawn another runner.

I've found this opening to be pretty robust against a variety of openings. Give it a shot if you like, it has worked pretty well for me.

With that opening, how do you handle if opponent moves out a runner so he can kill your sniper in turn 3?
I like the idea of a sniper in turn 4, will definitely add that to my game, thanks!

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - pookywb - 07-13-2012 04:38 PM

Mowmail, your second game (the wall of heavies one) is a good example of why a balanced team composition is important. The runners worked out pretty well for you until he was able to counter with his heavies. Following that, the heavies worked out really well for HIM until he moved the wrong heavy (should have attacked with the top one) which cost him the game. But once your scrambler got up to the top of the map, his team composition would have been poorly prepared.

On a related tangent, here's a game in which I successfully thwarted a wall of heavies.

RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D - Alvendor - 07-13-2012 04:47 PM

(07-13-2012 11:02 AM)Syvan Wrote:  I thought I would share this Titan game that ends frantically and literally comes down to the final turn.
There weren't too many mistakes other than my inability to accurately predict vision distances across the gaps on Glitch. I think it's a nice watch and I love to talk strategy, so please point out anything you think is odd.

Glitch Match

What was your reasoning for not killing the soldier on turn 30?