One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - GreatGonzales - 04-09-2014 04:47 AM

Yes, Juslas is correct! I'm very excited that finally this rule has come into play:

Quote:There is one exception to the FTA assignment: In the event that the same two teams meet for a second time (due to double elimination), and in the first meeting of these two teams, the lower seeded team won, then in the second meeting of these two teams, the lower seeded team is considered the "higher seed" and gets FTA (first turn for best of 1 matches; first turn in 2 out of 3 games for best of 3 matches).

So, for the purposes of the match between Krogoth/Gurleyman vs Pharmafan/Holysab, since Pharmafan and Holysab won the match in the first meeting of these teams as the lower seed, then for this match they are considered the higher seed.

Of course, I realize now that the quoted rule above needs to be updated in light of the rule change - higher seed now has "choice" of first turn OR map selection for game 3.

Let me know if there are questions. Otherwise, please begin all matches!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - krogoth300 - 04-12-2014 12:35 AM

Sounds good. Pharmafan want to go ahead and start Game 1? (We can chat on your Game 3 decision from there)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Pharmafan - 04-12-2014 03:39 PM

Ahh..., thanks for going back into the rules, Juslas! Smile

Normally I'm always aware of them but this tourney started some days ago Wink

This really changes things. Sure, we will tell it in game and we will start game 1. We're off for the weekend so we will start it on Monday, OK?

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - krogoth300 - 04-12-2014 11:47 PM

Sure! Sounds good Smile

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - GreatGonzales - 04-18-2014 11:53 PM

Tournament results updated.

Only 5 teams remain in this contest!

Gurleyman/Krogoth300
P0werCrazy/Gavin Wins
GreatGonzales/The Rawkhawk
Akkete/Juslas
HolySab/pharmafan

And I should also honor Waymaniac/==(888)== who also made it to 5th place.

I salute all of you for sticking with me on this epic adventure. Good luck all. Maybe this tournament will be done before the year is out. Wink

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Phyresis - 04-19-2014 02:34 AM

Maybe we should agree that in the future, 2v2 tournaments are only ~16 teams or maybe 32 if your feeling ambitious. 64 is just too much and takes waay too long.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 04-19-2014 07:44 AM

Sign ups to this tournament were tremendous. Too lazy to scroll the post, but there were something like 80% of top 20 attending. It has been awhile and there are excellent teams who never attended this tournament, sure. But those teams that had made it this far should be proud of the achievement.

I was tinkering an idea of invitation round robin tournament. But to make things faster simultaneous matches, lots of them, would be needed. Since I am not fond of Bliz Beach, I thought BB should be the map these map related tourneys should start.

Looking back the match history, FTA had surprise small effect - unless you were the losing team. Me and Akkete did win all matches we started.

But the tournament has just the first match with FTA fix implemented started. Finals can turn any way around.

Also 64 or 32 teams without double knockout would have been completed by now. But I still enjoy this format a lot. These teams still playing are outstanding - atleast on their tournament matches. When this tournament started, FTA was an issue. Double knockout was a one way to balance playfield.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Pharmafan - 05-06-2014 03:38 AM

Just finished the first game:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwtCXgAsM

GG, Gurleyman&krogoth300!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - GreatGonzales - 05-06-2014 05:48 AM

(05-06-2014 03:38 AM)Pharmafan Wrote:  Just finished the first game:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwtCXgAsM

GG, Gurleyman&krogoth300!

Well that was a tense match!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 05-06-2014 05:53 AM

That was a pretty exciting match!