One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (12 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Paco bru - 02-06-2014 02:45 AM

(01-28-2014 05:01 AM)Juslas Wrote:  Next new match will be against PacoBru and 4munt.

Why are you telling this? Seeing the bracket, it seems difficult. But it would be a pleasure.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (12 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 02-06-2014 04:40 PM

Speculating when next match starts is now pointless, since FTA fix is implemented.
I just tried to say that rule changes during tournament haven't give unfair advantage to any team.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 02-10-2014 04:33 PM

Winners bracket finals are closing - FTA is strong, overwhelmingly strong:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxP7NpQoM

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Pharmafan - 02-10-2014 09:48 PM

(02-10-2014 04:33 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Winners bracket finals are closing - FTA is strong, overwhelmingly strong:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxP7NpQoM

Wow! Very well played! Isn`t your third game still ongoing, Juslas?

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 02-10-2014 10:47 PM

FTA is strong on third match, too.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - GreatGonzales - 02-11-2014 01:02 AM

(02-10-2014 04:33 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Winners bracket finals are closing - FTA is strong, overwhelmingly strong:

Wow tense match. It's fun to see winners finals going to the tie breaker! Smile

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - PowerCrazy - 02-11-2014 02:51 AM

Yea. We couldn't come up with a good way to counter the early mobi. There were a few turns where if we had the FTA fix, we could have gone on the offensive, in fact turn 24 if I had 1 more wit I could have killed green's mobi, which would have give Gavin and I the out we needed to go on the offensive. Oh well. Good games.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 02-11-2014 06:14 AM

With FTA fix things will be different. Early on your defense had been great, not just strong. That boosted runner at bottom turned out to be annoying (for us). We did not have that important saved wit either, 7 wits for turn makes all the difference. But on turn 24, infinite wits would not have helped, since there are only 2 spawns. And we knew your wit count, like you did knew ours, too. Your defense was beautifully wit efficient. Also we end up sacrificing snipers and other units, but mobi was always perfectly safe.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - GreatGonzales - 02-13-2014 01:36 AM

Attention remaining tournament competitors:

I have a question regarding the handling of FTA in the post-update arrangement. As you know, the current tournament rules attempt to mitigate FTA in the following way:

1. Higher seed starts game and chooses map
2. Lower seed starts game and chooses map
3. Higher seed starts game, lower seed chooses map

The idea being to keep things fair, but to the extent that an advantage must be given to one team over the other, we defer to the higher seeded team (i.e. it was a bigger advantage get first turn in 2 out of 3 games, rather than choose the map in 2 out of 3 games). However, now that an FTA fix has been implemented, I am calling this into question. Does the above rule now favor the LOWER seeded team? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this, and whether we should make any amendments to the rule.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Pharmafan - 02-13-2014 02:11 AM

Hi GG,

I don`t think we have to change this rule. I don't say this cause we aren't that high seeded but cause I don't like rule changes during a tourney - personally. I also voted for not banning certain maps which favor FTA some month ago although we were one of the lowest seeds left. But of course this is up to you like all decisions and rules here so I`m always fine with your decision whatever it may look like!