One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Pharmafan - 11-03-2013 01:41 AM

(11-02-2013 09:00 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Pharmafan, didn't we start our matches at end of August?
And the first of three is about to end now. These matches do take over 2 months to complete!

Yeah….we started end of August….high level 2v2 takes obviously its time cause it`s really not easy to predict what the other team may answer and especially our ongoing games are really duels on razor`s edge….but….we have two more absolute crazy examples of how long a 2v2 match can last:

Our third games of the duels with gurleyman & krogoth300 and with GG & The Rawkhawk are STILL ongoing…..we`re in Turn 144 against gurleyman & krogoth300 actually…..of course it seems that it`s for both sides no longer that important match….so turns are quite often really looong (even in not so crucial situations like in our current games against you) but we started that one in March!!

@GG: I won`t name this a bad idea! This is a really successful tournament that you hosted which attracted a lot of players and which made 2v2 absolutely more popular! But yes….I also assume that it will last longer than one year…..which is perhaps a bit too long for a single community….but thanks to you for hosting this and for organizing it over all these months! Good job!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Juslas - 11-06-2013 05:06 PM

This championship tournament has been great. These matches are better than league games. Me and Akkete planned new defense against you on Mechanism, or more likely attack against FTA. It was close on turn 14. But on the other hand it was not.
On normal league match you can trick opponent to be over confident: does not work on this tournament.
With serious wit and unit counting team can remove fog of war. I just loved when you spent 2 wits to confirm our second scrambler. We did predict that possibility. And move was not that hard to spot since nothing happend at other spawn.
Our plan was to be agressive, too agressive since we lost, but it was great match.
--- outcome can be predicted several turns ahead---
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgLDd-ggM
Game just finished Smile

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - GreatGonzales - 11-07-2013 01:38 AM

Oh - please share any replays that are available! That goes for everyone!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Pharmafan - 11-07-2013 06:01 AM

Oh, thanks for just posting it, Juslas. You were faster than me! Smile

Was a very exciting game!

Be sure that we post every replay asap, GG. Juslas started airing some thoughts before I made the final move.

Yep - you`re absolutely right, Juslas…..T13 was a very critical move for us cause we guessed right that there will be a scrambler in a deadly position.

And then it all came down to T23. Again we guessed right that there is the next scrambler and as you said it was not to hard to guess cause we knew your exact wit count…..but it also could have been a trap….how do we look like, when we go in with the mobi, suck the heavy and discover just a soldier instead of a scrambler. Of course spending two wits for the runner upfront meant that you will for sure be able to catch the mobi in T26, cause we hadn't the wits left for boosting mobi but we not only gained vision for the two wits but also the runner which jumped on your wit and hit the base in T27….

It was a so crucial move and we really spend long discussions about if we should send in the runner first or not. It also happens not too often that we try to exactly predict the moves and wit counts of the following 5-6 turns which we did in this case!

It was a really intense battle…..let`s see how the other two matches will end up…. Smile

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Juslas - 11-08-2013 12:29 AM

June 21st was posted that this match should be started:
xMitch77x/Cj-777 vs funklabqc/bobseph
I am wondering if at least one of three matches has been completed by now?

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - GreatGonzales - 11-09-2013 02:35 AM

(11-08-2013 12:29 AM)Juslas Wrote:  June 21st was posted that this match should be started:

I have not heard from them. They may be disqualified.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Juslas - 11-09-2013 06:18 PM

(11-09-2013 02:35 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(11-08-2013 12:29 AM)Juslas Wrote:  June 21st was posted that this match should be started:

I have not heard from them. They may be disqualified.

This ruling effects directly to branch that organizer has a match waiting.
If team participates tournament, minimum requirement is to follow tournament thread. The match I pointed out is far behind schedule. There are four individuals involved on any match, reading forum and posting status at this point can be required.
Please disqualified both teams if there is no respond in couple of days.
If there has never been confirmation about game started, those teams can be disqualified immediately! In my humble opinion.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Pharmafan - 11-11-2013 09:00 AM

Juslas is - as he often is - very right with his opinion. Can`t we just ask every player left in this tournament if he`s still active and perhaps speed up things a bit no longer waiting for inactive players?

Winners bracket we are all active I think.
The teams Juslas pointed out seem to be inactive (?)
mastercaster is active participating in the Elite Tourney. Hope that burnodrod is active also (?). Is your match ongoing?
Other teams must be active I think….we have our third game against the kings still ongoing, I have games ongoing against awpertunity and I don't think terence can live without Outwitters Tongue

4munt/Paco Bru still active?

Maybe everyone can state a status?

Thanks, guys!

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - GreatGonzales - 11-12-2013 05:12 AM

I have been providing notifications of matches in this thread, and also by PM. I have never DQ'd any team without first providing notification in thread, plus at least 2 PMs. If still no response, then I DQ. I realize that none of that is spelled out in the rules of the tournament - but you can trust me. Smile I value the success of this tournament more than I value my own personal success.

Here is a breakdown of the pending matches and my understanding of their status:

Winners:

Holysab/Pharmafan vs Akkete/Juslas - 1 game complete, other 2 ongoing

Losers:

xMitch77x/Cj-777 vs funklabqc/bobseph - Have not heard from either in over a month - may have to DQ both

burnodrod/mastercaster vs wcmishere/wonderpug - Mastercaster reports that burnodrod is no longer active - may have to DQ burnodrod/mastercaster

awpertunity/Terenceshiu2005 vs Gurleyman/Krogoth - All 3 games ongoing (last heard they were all in late stages, 50+ turns)

I suppose I will give a time limit for xMitch77x/Cj-777, funklabqc/bobseph, and burnodrod/mastercaster. If I do not hear from them by Monday 11/18/2013, they will be DQ'd. I'll send another PM in the meantime, hopefully they return to the land of the living!

Also I have played a couple matches with 4munt/Paco Bru recently, so I know they still play.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 6; L round 5) - Pharmafan - 11-12-2013 08:00 AM

Thanks for the updates and clarifications, GG! Hope we here something from these teams soon!