One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - GreatGonzales - 06-13-2013 12:52 AM

But we are dealing with a special case of FTA with Machination. I have yet to see a replay of a P2 team successfully defending burnocaster. I don't want this tournament to become riddled with burnocaster games. But, I also want to do what's fair.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - Pharmafan - 06-13-2013 02:34 AM

It may be a special case of FTA but I don`t think, that we are all sure, that Machination is somewhat broken by burnocaster yet. I stick with the opinion of juslas. "The game is what it is". There has been many changes in the game since the start of the tournament. Broken Brambles, new maps and nerfs to the veggies sending them back again. We all always played the game as it was. And this tournament is the only place I believe to see the first replay where someone found a way to stop burnocaster! Super-TitanCool

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - Juslas - 06-13-2013 04:39 AM

To be honest, most of the teams are 100% sure that they win the map they choose to start!

And I repeat my earlier statement that Akkete and me were bold (stupid) enough to pick Machination as player 2, too. At that time we had 100% win ratio on Machination (and plenty of other maps, too). We still have positive win/lose record to all opponents except 2 teams we encountered only once (and lost). But we don't play much. I know we still positive against Krogoth and Gurleyman, and equal with Burnodrod and Mastercaster. But my stats are not to be trusted. I would buy IAP stats pack gladly.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - Pharmafan - 06-13-2013 05:21 AM

That encourages us, Juslas.....cause GG is of course higher seeded and chose.....a special map as P1 some days ago in our current tournament match.... Wink

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - GreatGonzales - 06-13-2013 03:13 PM

Haha well take heart pharmafan, we started that match prior to burnodrod sharing burnocaster with the world. Wink

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - Pharmafan - 06-13-2013 03:46 PM

Smile
Never said anything else, GG!
And as I posted before, I think that it is still absolutely legitimate to choose Machination even after they shared burnocaster with everyone. Thats part of the game, IMO.
We were never happy to be P2 on Machination in the past. But we often dealt with it and won nearly every game. But we were never so positive about being P2 on Machination that we even thought on choosing that like Juslas and Akkete did! Cool

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - GreatGonzales - 06-21-2013 01:14 AM

FYI: Due to a trip to China, AlexJiang1 & Mr. Banger had to time out their tournament games. Too bad it had to end like that!

With that bit of news, the following match is now ready to begin:

xMitch77x/Cj-777 vs funklabqc/bobseph

Please begin all 3 matches.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - laYahooz - 06-21-2013 04:25 AM

My partner is a little to inactive (and probably me too). Thus we must forfeit.
I will still be following this tourney though, it's great.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - GreatGonzales - 06-21-2013 06:56 AM

Too bad laYahooz! You guys did well to get as far as you did.

The following match is now ready to begin:

aaronindayton/Emuchu vs wcmishere/wonderpug

Please begin all 3 matches.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - wonderpug - 06-24-2013 12:52 PM

(06-21-2013 04:25 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  My partner is a little to inactive (and probably me too). Thus we must forfeit.
I will still be following this tourney though, it's great.

lol, I'm not sure it counts as a forfeit if you've already lost 2 out of the 3. Smile Great matches, though, they both were very tense though to the end. On the 2nd match we finished, wcmishere and I had quite the back and forth trying to figure out how to proceed or if we could even win. Good games!

Game 1:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlfrBAww

Game 2:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y4-69Aww