One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!) (/showthread.php?tid=1341)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - Samba_93 - 01-18-2013 12:47 PM

Hello all!
I'm having bad crashes and problems in the app. Whenever I send a turn it always gives me the error msg and when I view all of my games, then game I tried to send the turn is still highlighted as "your turn". If I go to the same match or any other match, the app will crash and after restart, I can see that all the turn is passed. So, basically this means I will have to close and restart the app after every game. (._. )
And also the bigger my army gets, the more laggy, glitchy and almost all the time the app tries to crash. Also the app crashes at random times when it wants to so, it has come to a point that's really annoying.
I just want to know am I the only one or other having these problems too?
I have an iPod touch 4g 8GB. (I have read in apple forums that iPod touch may crash on some games because of the 'insufficient RAM'. Is this the cause?)
If someone can help me, I would be really grateful.
P.S - All the problems came after the vegenauts update. (I bought the uber pack before the update came)

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - sgtshaggy - 01-18-2013 02:48 PM

Probably too late to sign up for the reserves, but here goes anyway ;-).

1. sgtshaggy/seconllts
2. Clever League
3. 149 points
4. Still Trail Division
5. 1st

If we're too late - maybe next time! And good luck everyone :-).

shags

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - Samba_93 - 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Hello all!
I'm having frequent crashes and problems with the app. Every time I send a turn, it gives me an error msg and when I go back to all games the particular game is highlighted with "your turn" on it. When I either access that game again or any other game, the app crashes. In other words, I'll have to close the app and restart it for every game. (._. )
Also the app crashes at random times, laggy and glitchy when I make a big army ( specially in large 1v1 maps with 2 spawn spaces).
I just want to know is it only me or someone too has the same problems? All these problems started after the vegenauts update. I have an iPod touch 4g 8GB.
If someone can help me, it would be really great.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - awpertunity - 01-18-2013 03:26 PM

(01-18-2013 02:00 AM)Gurleyman Wrote:  
(01-17-2013 02:12 PM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Side Note: we are now seed 1 in our division as Krogoth and Gurley lost

This is due to a glitch in the game which caused two of our active games to end and declared the other teams (awpertunity/terenceshui and worldfamous/diemfdie) as winners. It appears to be a glitch in the timeout value as both games were 1-2 days old (weekend absence). Each "loss" cost us 23 points each.

Thus, without the glitch, we would be +46 and still in 1st place. A bug report was submitted to OML, but it seems they simply deleted the games from our queue without restarting them or returning points.

--Gurleyman

Did you only see it for 1-2 days? I actually remember that game and it did actually count all the way to 4 days before it forfeited you, I assumed you were not able to see the game...

Perhaps you opened the game at one point but never played your move? I've noticed that the timer seems to reset to "Moments ago" on your screen if you open it and don't move, and then it arbitrarily goes back to the time it should be (usually if you reload Outwitters but sometimes not). Regardless it is certainly a bug/glitch, and a new one at that.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - GreatGonzales - 01-18-2013 03:38 PM

(01-18-2013 12:47 PM)Samba_93 Wrote:  Hello all!
I'm having bad crashes and problems in the app. Whenever I send a turn it always gives me the error msg and when I view all of my games, then game I tried to send the turn is still highlighted as "your turn". If I go to the same match or any other match, the app will crash and after restart, I can see that all the turn is passed. So, basically this means I will have to close and restart the app after every game. (._. )
And also the bigger my army gets, the more laggy, glitchy and almost all the time the app tries to crash. Also the app crashes at random times when it wants to so, it has come to a point that's really annoying.
I just want to know am I the only one or other having these problems too?
I have an iPod touch 4g 8GB. (I have read in apple forums that iPod touch may crash on some games because of the 'insufficient RAM'. Is this the cause?)
If someone can help me, I would be really grateful.
P.S - All the problems came after the vegenauts update. (I bought the uber pack before the update came)

Samba, I recommend bringing this to the attention of the devs by reporting it in the bug report thread.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - laYahooz - 01-19-2013 04:16 AM

Got our match started. May take a longer since I picked acrospire because I didn't want to abuse p1

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - GreatGonzales - 01-19-2013 04:21 AM

(01-19-2013 04:16 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Got our match started. May take a longer since I picked acrospire because I didn't want to abuse p1

Very honorable of you! Yes, it's ok if you take a while to finish your match. Please do take turns quickly, though. I won't boot anyone out for taking long turns (unless it's an extreme case), but it will help move the tournament along.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - Gf!sh - 01-19-2013 04:31 AM

UPDATE: technical difficulties (again Sad). I can't play till Tuesday. Can kazaick do me a favor and wait a few days with taking his turn, so that the game doesn't time out on me?

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - GreatGonzales - 01-19-2013 04:37 AM

(01-19-2013 04:31 AM)Gfich Wrote:  UPDATE: technical difficulties (again Sad). I can't play till Tuesday. Can kazaick do me a favor and wait a few days with taking his turn, so that the game doesn't time out on me?

PM him and message in the game chat, see if you can work it out.

RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (Please begin your matches) - Gf!sh - 01-19-2013 04:42 AM

(01-19-2013 04:37 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 04:31 AM)Gfich Wrote:  UPDATE: technical difficulties (again Sad). I can't play till Tuesday. Can kazaick do me a favor and wait a few days with taking his turn, so that the game doesn't time out on me?

PM him and message in the game chat, see if you can work it out.

That's the worst part. I don't have access to my iPad. Will see if he responds to a PM.