One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Game balancing - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Game balancing (/showthread.php?tid=1337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Game balancing - aaronINdayton - 01-10-2013 05:57 AM

Hmmm, might need to start practicing Veggies....

RE: Game balancing - lawtai - 01-10-2013 06:28 AM

3 health for a thorn is interesting. 1 wit of investment will usually require 2 wits to defend against where the opposing team still doesn't get a +1 wit for killing off the thorns. Might mike for pretty effective shielding!

RE: Game balancing - Alvendor - 01-10-2013 07:27 AM

(01-10-2013 05:39 AM)Harti Wrote:  We just received an update increasing Thorn patch health to 3 (maximum of 4). Aaaand Alvendor's pants just exploded.

I myself had not considered this an option before, thinking it was too broken. Thinking about it closer the Bramble is an expensive investment and would be able to build shields for your units that, all in all, may or may not make up for the 8 wit (build+move) cost. In this case it'll depend on your opponent having Snipers around.
Also it makes room for the interesting move to actually boost these Thorns with a Medic. Up until now that was a futile investment where you would lose both Thorn AND the Medic.

I'll keep you updated with further notes.

Lol, that option hadn't crossed my mind either. It could actually make veggies a competitive team. Adorables would have to do a lot of sniper teleporting to fight the thorns. Scallywags would have to mass bombshells (as usual).

Poor Feedback!

RE: Game balancing - Harti - 01-10-2013 07:34 AM

(01-10-2013 07:27 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Poor Feedback!

Feedback gets to spawn some of these, too... and when they're using a Medic (which they usually take with the Scrambler) and heal it (which makes sense) it's at 4HP. O_O

RE: Game balancing - connor34911 - 01-10-2013 07:35 AM

(01-10-2013 07:27 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 05:39 AM)Harti Wrote:  We just received an update increasing Thorn patch health to 3 (maximum of 4). Aaaand Alvendor's pants just exploded.

I myself had not considered this an option before, thinking it was too broken. Thinking about it closer the Bramble is an expensive investment and would be able to build shields for your units that, all in all, may or may not make up for the 8 wit (build+move) cost. In this case it'll depend on your opponent having Snipers around.
Also it makes room for the interesting move to actually boost these Thorns with a Medic. Up until now that was a futile investment where you would lose both Thorn AND the Medic.

I'll keep you updated with further notes.

Lol, that option hadn't crossed my mind either. It could actually make veggies a competitive team. Adorables would have to do a lot of sniper teleporting to fight the thorns. Scallywags would have to mass bombshells (as usual).

Poor Feedback!

Why? feedback can scramble the thorns. Fight fire with fire.

RE: Game balancing - Alvendor - 01-10-2013 07:43 AM

(01-10-2013 07:35 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Why? feedback can scramble the thorns. Fight fire with fire.

Against a good veggie player you will only be able to scramble thorns that the veggie player can take out later on or in places that block yourself just as much as the opponent.

RE: Game balancing - game_taker - 01-10-2013 07:44 AM

Feedback will just end up boxing it self in. At at times blocking off the only good place to attack. I agree with alvandor poor feedback indeed

RE: Game balancing - Alvendor - 01-10-2013 07:44 AM

Will be interesting to hear what the beta testers experiences are!

Maybe a special rule that Feedback can unroot any scrambled thorns?

RE: Game balancing - laYahooz - 01-10-2013 09:22 AM

(01-10-2013 07:44 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Will be interesting to hear what the beta testers experiences are!

Maybe a special rule that Feedback can unroot any scrambled thorns?

Probably best to avoid special rules IMO. With that said, bramble is going to be a even tougher opponent for a scrambler!

Guess you just got to play aggressively vs veggies as feedback

RE: Game balancing - garcia1000 - 01-10-2013 01:14 PM

Hmm I think the regenerating thorns idea is better than this one. 3HP is a significant buff against Adorables, Veggienauts, and Feedback, but it is a tiny buff against Scallywags.